Page 43 of 414 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 53 93 143 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    Well...this is epic. Halfway there boys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Md17f8NW3NE
    the ending is awesome. I love that movie.

Dobber Sports Guru

great win last night for the boyz. They played well all over the ice and the pk seems to finally be getting some confidence back. Really liking the way this home stand has started with 11 goals scored in 2 games. This is the stretch that is going to make or break this season in my opinion. And Yes Kessel and Lupul are awesome I really hope Phaenuf doesnt have any broken bones in his face.

Dobber Sports Guru

Yesssss, thank you baby jesus !! I was worried about a broken jaw, speaking from experience they are not fun.

jonasTSN1050 Jonas Siegel
    Phaneuf is day-to-day according to Wilson. Expected to play tomorrow.

and also .......

jonasTSN1050 Jonas Siegel
    Brown and Komisarek expected to return tomorrow. Armstrong suffered a setback with his concussion, will remain off ice for a couple days.
    Last edited by wendelclark17; January 6, 2012 at 1:39 PM.

Dobber Sports Master

Dion isn't scared of no puck!

The fact that he got up and walked on his own two feet is remarkable. Imagine how much that would hurt.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Master

So Frattin becomes the first victim of the Roster Crunch. He's been fantastic all year, just needs a little more time to learn his game. One more injury to the forward core and he's right back up.

The strong play of Kadri and Boyce caused this. It's a shame, but not a huge loss.

Next roster crunch to the forwards will come in about a week when Bozak/Armie return to the lineup. I'd expect Crabb and Boyce to go back down.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Stud

So Frattin becomes the first victim of the Roster Crunch. He's been fantastic all year, just needs a little more time to learn his game. One more injury to the forward core and he's right back up.

The strong play of Kadri and Boyce caused this. It's a shame, but not a huge loss.

Next roster crunch to the forwards will come in about a week when Bozak/Armie return to the lineup. I'd expect Crabb and Boyce to go back down.
    Well, he's not sent down because he didn't do well - that's a great sign. Also means that Burke knows he can spare a few bodies in a trade if the need be.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Well, he's not sent down because he didn't do well - that's a great sign. Also means that Burke knows he can spare a few bodies in a trade if the need be.
    Exactly. If our biggest issue up front is our excessive amount of depth, that's a good thing.

I was watching a game recap from the first game of Dion Phaneuf as a Leaf. Remember that we had a line of Kulemin-Wallin-Sjostrom? I feel bad for Kulemin haha

Dobber Sports Guru

Exactly. If our biggest issue up front is our excessive amount of depth, that's a good thing.

I was watching a game recap from the first game of Dion Phaneuf as a Leaf. Remember that we had a line of Kulemin-Wallin-Sjostrom? I feel bad for Kulemin haha
    yep we do have a number of forward and great depth at D (which all teams need) so we have some pieces that could fetch a decent return. Fingers crossed Burke pulls another magic trick out of his hat like Lupul and Gardiner for Beauchemin .... i love that trade so much I want to dummp my girlfriend for it.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    yep we do have a number of forward and great depth at D (which all teams need) so we have some pieces that could fetch a decent return. Fingers crossed Burke pulls another magic trick out of his hat like Lupul and Gardiner for Beauchemin .... i love that trade so much I want to dummp my girlfriend for it.
    Ya, that trade was so dope.

AND WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING???

Dobber Sports Stud

Oh. My. God.

Wallin.

How he somehow stayed the whole year is beyond me.

Sjostrom I liked. Was a speedy decent PKer.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Enjoying the hell outta this Wings/Leafs game
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

Well, that was a completely undeserved win. Some thoughts:

-Kessel looked very nice today. Backchecked, scored a beautiful penalty shot goal, and should've had a 2nd but shot it too far to the left.

-Credit Lupul with 2 goals, as he made the play to Steckel and scored a beauty to win it for the Leafs.

-Gustavsson was fine tonight. Not brilliant, but managed to stop tons of deflections and shots his way.

-Komisarek looked incredibly poor in his return. Hoping his next game is better.

-Take out Aulie and put in Gardiner. Aulie needs to improve and we have enough defensive d-men. Starting offensive rushes was a problem tonight.

-Phaneuf....bar down coach.

-Grabovski is a fantastic player, but needs to just shoot sometimes. His fake shot-pass to Boyce was executed perfectly, but it surpised everyone...including Boyce. A simple shot would've been nicer.

-I like Nazem, but he's gotta stop with the blind passes into the middle.

-Lombardi has blinding speed. Just blinding.

-Schenner's in the doghouse. Only 12 mintues tonight.

-Highest TOI for forwards? Lupul (16:42), Kessel (16:41), Connolly (16:38). Lowest? Brown, at 12:11. Nice balanced attack there. Mind you, there was only one PP and it lasted 7 seconds.

-Overall, the Leafs had an off night. Only 18 shots, 40 shots against, generally outplayed, and a 2nd period that was the worst of the season thus far. They played their way through this crappy game, and they better look alive Tuesday.

Dobber Sports Sage

Did you guy's realize were only carrying 22 players on our active roster since Frattin got sent down? It is making me think something is up?
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Did you guy's realize were only carrying 22 players on our active roster since Frattin got sent down? It is making me think something is up?
    Well he had 12 forwards, 6 Defensemen, 2 goalies dressed (20).

Then Gardiner scratched, Rosehill scratched, and Armstrong/Bozak both set to return next week, making the total "technically" 24 but with 2 people on IR. I think the latter two just made management believe that there's no point in calling up somebody quickly.

But completely unrelated to that, the trade talks are coming in. Gonna be a fun month to speculate.

Dobber Sports Master

We're halfway there. Back-to-back with BUF coming up, 2 enormous games right there.