Page 403 of 414 FirstFirst ... 303 353 393 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 413 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 6199

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

The Great One

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

I think their get of jail free card here is it’s concussion related. Hot button issue and all very nebulous as far as diagnosis and recovery.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    It's about knowing that you have enough safeguard injury to your LTIR that one player can come off... and your team is STILL at LTIR status.
    Just adding a point to Pengwin7's explanation on why the bolded is so beneficial, that might help.

When a team stops using LTIR, their ACSL (Accruable Cap Space Limit) resets to the cap limit of the active season, and all unused Accrued CSL is wiped out.
    Having at least one player remaining on LTIR will avoid this from happening.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Titan

To be fair, Murray clearly is in agreement with this. He could raise his voice and say he is fine and do what Lupul did.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    To be fair, Murray clearly is in agreement with this. He could raise his voice and say he is fine and do what Lupul did.
    As Kyper said last night, his salary this year (actual dollars in his account) is $8M. If he gets bought out, he loses something like $2.5M from that. So to be fair, of course he's going to be in agreement with that. He isnt going to lose money if it means keeping his mouth shut.

The Leafs (and Murray) aren't fooling anyone. The team is in cap hell, they can't trade him without paying someone to take him, and they dont want to buy him out. This is their way to help absorb some of the problem and how the league doesn't see this as blatant abuse of the LTIR rules is beyond me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Oh ya, he's def benefiting to agreeing to this. I'll assume though this is Murray putting his life after hockey ahead of his hockey life.

I don't know of a team that would take a chance on him, but lets say he was bought out by the Leafs, and signed with a new team. His simplified tax rate would be:
    2023-24: $2,666,667 taxed via his new team
    2024-25: $2,666,667 taxed via his new team

If he signed a $1m deal with like Tampa (off the top of my head), his take home would end up:
    2023-24: $3,666,667 taxed and take home of $2,349,668
    2024-25: $2,666,667 taxed and take home of $1,719,668
    Total Pay over 2years: $4,069,336
    2023-24: $8,000,000 taxed as a Leaf, take home of $3,759,279

Now, if he's employed by the Leafs on LTIR, I think he can "set up shop" in No-State-Tax state, and get taxed there as he's a resident of that area. So he could buy a $1m house in like Texas, Arizona, Florida, Nevada, Washington State, Tennessee and reap these tax awards and make more money.

I wonder what his value across the league will be come 2024-25 season. He's like 29yrs old, if he can get his health in order, he has a lot of hockey left in him in terms of age.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Oh ya, he's def benefiting to agreeing to this. I'll assume though this is Murray putting his life after hockey ahead of his hockey life.

I don't know of a team that would take a chance on him, but lets say he was bought out by the Leafs, and signed with a new team. His simplified tax rate would be:
    2023-24: $2,666,667 taxed via his new team
    2024-25: $2,666,667 taxed via his new team

If he signed a $1m deal with like Tampa (off the top of my head), his take home would end up:
    2023-24: $3,666,667 taxed and take home of $2,349,668
    2024-25: $2,666,667 taxed and take home of $1,719,668
    Total Pay over 2years: $4,069,336
    2023-24: $8,000,000 taxed as a Leaf, take home of $3,759,279

Now, if he's employed by the Leafs on LTIR, I think he can "set up shop" in No-State-Tax state, and get taxed there as he's a resident of that area. So he could buy a $1m house in like Texas, Arizona, Florida, Nevada, Washington State, Tennessee and reap these tax awards and make more money.

I wonder what his value across the league will be come 2024-25 season. He's like 29yrs old, if he can get his health in order, he has a lot of hockey left in him in terms of age.
    If the Leafs bought him out, he loses $2.68M of his owed $8M in base salary this season. This is all about money on Murray's side of the house in his pocket, and the Leafs side of the house as far as the salary cap goes, and it's so obvious that is stinks worse than a horse barn. I can understand why both are wanting to do it. I just don't understand how the league lets them get away with it. He was given a clean bill of health at the exit meetings with the Leafs.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If the Leafs bought him out, he loses $2.68M of his owed $8M in base salary this season. This is all about money on Murray's side of the house in his pocket, and the Leafs side of the house as far as the salary cap goes, and it's so obvious that is stinks worse than a horse barn. I can understand why both are wanting to do it. I just don't understand how the league lets them get away with it. He was given a clean bill of health at the exit meetings with the Leafs.
    What is worse- playing games with LTIR like with Murray or holding out players till the start of the playoffs like Kucherov and Stone?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    What is worse- playing games with LTIR like with Murray or holding out players till the start of the playoffs like Kucherov and Stone?
    They are both cap circumvention and thus both BS. But the league is ok with it apparently and so it is allowed.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I remember Lupul thought he was healthy enough to play games, and when he went through 2 different physicals it was determined he wasn't healthy enough for a season.

Murray could be saying (lying or not) that his concussion issues are preventing him from playing a full season. His whole body could be at 100%, but he might know the slightest bump gets him a concussion and that's enough for him to say "I'll cash out $8m, and take a whole year to get back to health".

As for the League, it's tough to argue against concussions, especially with how much of a red flag they are.

I do agree that the NHL has a huge issue with LTIR, (and void deals potentially) as get-out-of-jail-free cards.

Dobber Sports Titan

Simplest fix to me is a luxury tax for the regular season, and then have a false cap for the playoffs that's at like 110% of your regular season. Or have the Luxury tax like maxed out at 110% of the NHL cap, and have that the same as your playoff cap. So if you go over the luxury cap, you can't LTIR your way into a higher NHL Playoff cap.

NHLPA needs to get a luxury cap involved. Give up frills on the CBA and force a Luxury tax system. I don't understand why the NHL doesn't want that.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...jirhHCg1w&s=19

It is a two-year extension for Sheldon Keefe

Dobber Sports Titan

EF also said yesterday that the Leafs did explore trading Nylander but no trade has materialized that they liked.

Administrator

Let's get the pre-season over-reaction going. Leafs practicing PP1 with Klingberg running point:

Jonas Siegel
    @jonassiegel
    ·
    2h
    Led by Guy Boucher, the Leafs are running power-play drills for the first time at training camp.

John Klingberg — not Morgan Rielly — is manning the point of PP1 alongside Auston Matthews, Mitch Marner, John Tavares, and William Nylander.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

Oh my!! Overpay immediately!
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Icon

im not surprised...they trying to keep MR off that PP every time they get a chance...my guess is, its going to be some kind of share time between the two and possibly Timmins at some point too...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones