Page 40 of 414 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Stud

So Armstrong is back. Awesome. Our record was so good with him compared to without him last year. Should add some depth, grit and leadership in that room.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Great to have him back I can only hope that its for the rest of season this time aorund! Sick of seeing this guy for a few games and then losing him for many!

No word yet on who is starting tonight I wouldnt be surprised if is Gustavsson after the last game he played against WSH and how well he has played of late but I could see Wilson going with Riem's he is the number one and if he is healthy the team has to roll with the guy! The Monster did his part and has proved that he can be a good fill in and back up but if this team goes anywhere it will be on the shoulders of Reimer!

Dobber Sports Master

Guys, I'm so sorry for my lack of presence here. Life's been crazy, as it should be.

I'll be around starting around Christmas Time, and will give some good insights here.

Thanks for sticking with me boys, appreciate it.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Veteran

Dropped Kulemin for Hudler tonight. It was between him and Raymond. I lost patience.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas0Aequitas View Post
    Dropped Kulemin for Hudler tonight. It was between him and Raymond. I lost patience.
    I wouldn't be too worried about dropping Kulemin in a one-year. Really doesn't look like things are going well for him at all.

Tried to convince a friend awhile ago who is new to FH to drop Kulemin for Henrique. Unfortunately he's a Leafs fan and outright refused. Sigh. Why does he ask me when he won't take my advice.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    I wouldn't be too worried about dropping Kulemin in a one-year. Really doesn't look like things are going well for him at all.

Tried to convince a friend awhile ago who is new to FH to drop Kulemin for Henrique. Unfortunately he's a Leafs fan and outright refused. Sigh. Why does he ask me when he won't take my advice.
    I actually dropped him in my keeper but it's the team in my sig so I'm not exactly crying over it. I have accumulated so much talent on my roster I won't have room for him in the near future anyway.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Genius

Who is Grabo playing with these days? With the loss of Giroux I'm hurting up front, and I'm wondering if Grabo is a drop.

I'd be picking up Vrbata in his stead. Only 4 more moves for me on the season, though... Thoughts? Should I give Grabovski some time?

Any input is much appreciated. Thanks, guys.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Who is Grabo playing with these days? With the loss of Giroux I'm hurting up front, and I'm wondering if Grabo is a drop.

I'd be picking up Vrbata in his stead. Only 4 more moves for me on the season, though... Thoughts? Should I give Grabovski some time?

Any input is much appreciated. Thanks, guys.
    He did have a 3 game point streak going, then went pointless in the last 2 (a 2-4 loss against WAS where Kessel struck and a 2-1 win in CAR where Connolly scored twice).

It oddly seems that he's been relegated to the third line since Bozak is being great with the top line and Connolly is healthy, but he did still get 16 minutes last game (5th for forwards behind the big line and Connolly).

I still like him to get to 60 because he'll get an insane streak like every other year, but I'm starting to wonder with all the depth we have. Although Bozak and Connolly both being healthy/still effective in their roles might start being a problem ice-time wise.

And Wilson has no reason to not ride Lupul + Kessel 21+ minutes a night right now.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Stud

So from what I can quickly gather, we lost 5-4 mostly due to penalties... Phaneuf's 5 minute major and a game for his hit on Kassian (...I would NOT want to be in Kassians spot on that one was he was crushed - right call though) didn't help much. But a few positives... (as if).

- Lupul scored again
    - Kulemin scored for the first time in a long time
    - Grabovski scored for another point

For Kulemin/Grabovski owners... the next 3-4 games is the time to watch them. Then decide to cut bait or ride on, because now that they are heating up (Grabovski has 4 in 6 and Kulemin hasn't been playing badly, but now that he scored a goal, his offence might start catching up), and them both being relatively streaky (usually this time of year, too), it could be time to see another line helping out Lupul+Kessel out there.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just an update of note for Leaf fans and fantasy owners alike, thanks to Chris (Wassel) for retweeting this update.

Kevin McGran
    Connolly back with Kessel and Lupul. Mac back with Grabo and Kulemin. #Leafs.
    Kevin McGran
    Bozak with Crabb and Frattin
    Kevin McGran
    Armstrong, Steckel not at practise. Orr-Dupuis-Rosehill is today's 4th line
    I dunno about you guys but I thought Bozak played a pretty strong game last night. Involved in the offense and I wouldn't place his (-2) rating all on his shoulders. I know one of the goals was because Lupul was gassed and didn't back-check well enough and I'm pretty sure he was on for the goal where Hansen just outworked Phaneuf.

Not deserving of a 'demotion' to the third line IMO. (beauty goal last night btw). Anyways sounds like unless a change is made again before their next game Bozak is pretty much waiver wire fodder again.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Bozak still practiced on the top PP unit so he should get his chances there still......

Dobber Sports Master

Okay guys, a big win for the Leafs last night! Arguably the biggest of the season. Couple quick notes:

-Kessel was on fire tonight. Forced turnovers, got 10 shots, and a goal

-Kessel's 20th of the year makes him the first Leaf since Sundin to get 20 before Christmas

-Liles and Steckel both were in and out of the dressing room and played limited minutes

-Big reason we won tonight? Line balance. Kessel only played 19 minutes, Lupul played just over 19, and no player played under 7 minutes. Playing with 4 lines is so helpful

-Kadri had a very nice return to the NHL. Great vision, good puckhandling, and a snipe. However, a lazy stick could've cost the Leafs.

-Unlike the past games, Leafs had a fantastic PK, and a subpar PP.

-Reimer was lights out tonight.

-Frattin has one hell of a shot.

-Worst Leaf tonight was probably Schenn. He went +3, but didn't have a very good game. Neither did Grabo.

-Love that our 4th line is actually mobile and not filled with goons.

Leafs play Friday, let's see if we can end before Christmas on a good note.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    This aspect was my favourite part of the night. Boyce is such a noticeable upgrade over Dupuis... it's mind numbing that Dupuis continued to get playing time prior to his injury. Part of me can't help but wonder if Phaneuf went up to him and said "hey, Dupuis, you suck - and now you're injured for awhile... RIGHT?!!"
    And having Steckel back was also a huge boost. 4th line needs to be able to eat up minutes. And when the 4th line consists of Dupuis with Orr and Rosehill, it's one of the worst in the league. But with Boyce Steckel and Crabb... I want all 4 lines rolling! It will save Kessel and Lupul for important games later on in the season.

One other thing... Frattin is turning into such a solid all-around player. There's nothing he can't do.
    Frattin is unhittable. Can't be taken down.

Man, Dupuis is pure garbage. Boyce is much faster and can actually play hockey.

Phaneuf didn't want any part of McNabb or Kassian?? What's up?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

Saw a topic on HFBoards, only speculation at this point, but maybe Kulemin is just depressed from the freak lokomotiv plane crash and that can attest to his down year. These guys are humans afterall. I don't think he's as bad as his stats would suggest this year and I expect him to be way better next year.
    The Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League. (Keep 17)
    3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 6BE.
    G,A,+-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT; GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV, SV%,SO
    (C) Kopitar, Kuznetsov, O'Reilly, Karlsson, Roslovic, Zacha
    (LW) Ovechkin, Forseberg, Bertuzzi(RW),
    (RW) Rantanen, Bratt(LW), Radulov
    (D) Josi, Burns, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Heiskanen, Dunn, Boqvist
    (G) Gibson, Quick, Hart, Petersen
    (IR) Domi

10 Person Farm: (<200GP for F, <100GP for G)
    (C) Zegras(LW), Bourque
    (LW) Kaliyev(RW)
    (RW) Glass(C), Raymond(LW)
    (D) Power
    (G) Ingram, Knight, Levi, Primeau