Page 376 of 414 FirstFirst ... 276 326 366 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 386 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Holl. He's on the ice for so many goals omg.
    He's the reincarnated version of Ethan Bear for the Oilers LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He's the reincarnated version of Ethan Bear for the Oilers LOL!
    He looks like a zombie dear caught in headlights omg.

I'm just glad my unhinged distain for Holl is valid and he offers little positive gain on the ice. His game is really keeping things "not happening" in the defensive zone. So when he messes up he can't positively change things on the ice. Unlike Gardiner, who at least could do things to positively enhance the offense.

Omg, I hate Holl.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Leafs fans are fuming. Even Babcock is trending on Twitter right now. LOL!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Leafs fans are fuming. Even Babcock is trending on Twitter right now. LOL!
    Leaf fans are notorious for acting rationally too. So you know this is real panic lol.

Honestly the only coach out there that's real upgrade is Trotz I'd think. I can't think of a coach that I would think changes things outside of the typical "new coach bump" that typically happens.

Dobber Sports Deity

Bring back Babcock. I think he's still under contract LOL! He clearly wasn't the problem with this team.

Dobber Sports Titan

Bring back Babcock. I think he's still under contract LOL! He clearly wasn't the problem with this team.
    He did sign an 8yr deal in May 2015 so this is the final yr lol. I think the perfect combo the Leafs need is a Babcock/Keefe mix. Babcock lacked creativity and allowing kids play, but Keefe lacks "I'm the Boss, I don't need to be your friend" mentality. And right now, they need the hardass.

The devil's advocate tho is that the Leafs are down 2 of their top 6 D (Liljegren and Muzzin) and relying on 2 guys getting extra minutes that shouldn't be getting them (Holl/Gio). But they have Rielly not stepping up (doing the opposite), and a 1st round pick in Sandin not stepping up yet too.

What we do know is that the Leafs don't do anything in haste, even firing Babcock felt like it was a move made over a few days and not a reactionary move. They get their ducks in order then make a move. So should be an interesting few weeks coming up.

The Great One

I got to see them live in winnipeg and I noticed two things.

- One- that he wasn't especially noticeable. Tavares Robertson Nylander looked like the real superstars in person that night. On his own line Marner looked very fast at least and had a few wide fast rushes that caught the whole arena off guard but when he got the puck to Matthew's...

- Three times he whiffed! At the hashmarks - the sweetspot- did the curl and release hes known for and whiffed badly twice and the third time winged it off the glass lol!

So yea its one night but it sounds like its happening in other games too. I don't think anyone should be worried. These guys seem to "wake up" at some point every year and when they do they're dominant...

Dobber Sports Titan

Apparently there was a play in Sunday's game where Holl was having trouble getting the puck out of the Leafs zone (doesn't narrow it down), but the mic's on the ice picked up Marner saying "there you f$&@ing go!" once Holl was able to get it out.

2nd time a Leafs star has openly berated Holl about his play lol (Matthews was the other) and I think it's one of the moments where you see it happening, and wonder what's happening off the ice. It's also funny Marner and Matthews seem to hate getting called out (Marner on the Keefe stuff took it way to close to his heart) but are fine yelling at Holl lol. Apparently a player hated the comments about the stars not performing and that player is Marner. But again though, he might just be a media target which he seems to be when things go bad.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Apparently there was a play in Sunday's game where Holl was having trouble getting the puck out of the Leafs zone (doesn't narrow it down), but the mic's on the ice picked up Marner saying "there you f$&@ing go!" once Holl was able to get it out.

2nd time a Leafs star has openly berated Holl about his play lol (Matthews was the other) and I think it's one of the moments where you see it happening, and wonder what's happening off the ice. It's also funny Marner and Matthews seem to hate getting called out (Marner on the Keefe stuff took it way to close to his heart) but are fine yelling at Holl lol. Apparently a player hated the comments about the stars not performing and that player is Marner. But again though, he might just be a media target which he seems to be when things go bad.
    Considering Marners play that game, I am not sure he's in any position to be calling ANYONE out.

Dobber Sports Titan

Considering Marners play that game, I am not sure he's in any position to be calling ANYONE out.
    The only person I'm fine with Marner calling out is Holl lol. Keefe's MO has been catering to Marner/Matthews, maybe he'll listen and scratch Holl when Liljegren is back lol.

#CageHoll. He needs at a minimum a mental break for the time being right now. However, the coaches thought is who is going in instead of him?

I think a lot of the Leafs issues are based on a couple of D being out.
    Rielly - He's at least playing. But he isn't doing as well as the team needs him to be.
    Brodie - Brodie is steady defensively, but offers little offensively. So right now he can't move the needle drastically quickly.
    Muzzin - HUGE injury which pushes up...
    Gio - He needs less minutes to be effective. He can do well, but he's being leaned on a lot
    Holl - God awful but is he better than Mete or Benn? Maybe?
    Sandin - Not playing up to his expecatations. But he missed camp pretty much, so maybe he's just behind a little?
    Liljegren - Him being out isn't about his talent, but the lack of 2nd option to Holl. Holl can't play 20min to be effective vs the people he's playing against, and Lilj would help with that.

FYI, after the 3 game conditioning stints for Liljegren, he needs to be replaced on IR/LTIR, or go on the team and they placed him on LTIR yesterday. We were told it would be a 6 week recovery and tmo is 6 weeks. Should be interesting what happens with him. But then he's jumping into NHL action 3-4weeks behind everyone. Ugh.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I think the problem with the Leafs is that they baby their stars too much. If Marner doesn't like it that you called him out because he's playing like dung, then bench him. Make a point before you get fired at least.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

The Great One

Bench him and stick to it. Keefe did bench Marner and then gave in when Anaheim tied it up. This team is in real trouble. I'll be shocked if they go into Weds game with zero changes.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Veteran

It's funny that you rarely see anyone calling out Tavares. Why does Johnny T fly under the radar when it comes to the scrutiny that the other stars face? Are the expectations lower?

The Great One

Why would you call out Tavares? He seems to be doing his job well and keeping his mouth shut.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Titan

Because Tavares game is simple and responsible.

I also don't think Matthews is being dealt with appropriately. Marner is getting the heat from his play and Matthews. But lets go back 2 weeks and we're in a time that NJD were going to fire Lindy Ruff and now they're 6-3. The tides have changed in Vancouver a bit.

This is a critical time coming up, but the team needs the pressure right now to either bounce back, or show they need a change. The big thing is, if they bounce back do we think they've changed? I don't think so, I think we're just seeing the lowest that this team is and the lowest form of them looks awful. They're style of play makes things look easy when it's going well, and makes it look like they don't care when things are going bad.

This post is was really a "why is Marner getting the heat from Matthews play as well as his". Matthews is getting off way to easily right now.