Page 362 of 414 FirstFirst ... 262 312 352 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 372 412 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Mrazek clears. Sateri claimed.

OMG. It is what it is, but international signings going through waivers is odd but whatever. Arizona, claims Sateria before claiming an NHL sized arena
    Pretty much what I expected. I wasn't sure where Sateri was going but I didn't expect it to be Toronto.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

So now the dialogue if the Leafs lose in the playoffs is set. No matter how the big 3 or 4 perform it will be the goalie's fault. Dubas puts his full confidence in Jack (as he should) but he also becomes an instant scapegoat for the organization if his play falters. All the previous Leaf playoff woes can be attributed to Marner or AM playing very sub par. I think they get a free pass this year. All pressure seems to be on Jack. Hope he can step up and doesn't get the blame.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    So now the dialogue if the Leafs lose in the playoffs is set. No matter how the big 3 or 4 perform it will be the goalie's fault. Dubas puts his full confidence in Jack (as he should) but he also becomes an instant scapegoat for the organization if his play falters. All the previous Leaf playoff woes can be attributed to Marner or AM playing very sub par. I think they get a free pass this year. All pressure seems to be on Jack. Hope he can step up and doesn't get the blame.
    The fanbase is quite odd with Campbell. He could score on his own net and they'll make it about Nylander and how Dubas traded away Kadri.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

The fanbase is quite odd with Campbell. He could score on his own net and they'll make it about Nylander and how Dubas traded away Kadri.
    Lol, very true.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Lol, very true.
    But you're very right. It really opens the door to an odd set of peace by the forward group. Maybe it makes it so they don't grip the sticks as much offensively if the eyes are on Campbell?

Really, it's such an odd yr for judging a failed 1st round for any of the 3 monsters in Tampa, Florida and Leafs. Should be interesting how this all unfolds.

Leafs updates though:
    - Sandin is out weeks with a knee injury (week-to-week closer than day-to-day). He's been IR'd
    - Campbell was on the ice before others yesterday
    - Kase was not at practice. He has not been IR'd
    - Leafs are treating Muzzin like he'll be back in the regular season.
    - Dubas was pretty pissed at Chicago's GM. The news of the Leafs trying to acquire a goalie was leaked (Fleury) and Dubas is blaming Chicago's side. I'm sure this didn't sit well with Dubas for the fact he hadn't told his goalies about it, and hearing about it from Twitter isn't the way you do things. Chicago GM said he's aware of Dubas comments and will speak to him privately.

Dobber Sports Icon

- Dubas was pretty pissed at Chicago's GM. The news of the Leafs trying to acquire a goalie was leaked (Fleury) and Dubas is blaming Chicago's side. I'm sure this didn't sit well with Dubas for the fact he hadn't told his goalies about it, and hearing about it from Twitter isn't the way you do things. Chicago GM said he's aware of Dubas comments and will speak to him privately.

Yeah saw that, but isn't it a bit disingenuous? I mean if Campbell didn't have an inkling that Dubas was looking for more goalie help, given how Campbell's game has absolutely cratered (and his confidence along with it) since December, then he's an idiot. By going out and making a stink about it, in the Toronto media landscape, I think Dubas is only making it worse.

BTW I think he's generally a smart GM but he really missed the boat here by not acquiring some G help - I can't imagine it would have cost a prohibitive amount to bring in say Jake Allen, despite that he would have to be negotiating with his arch-nemesis Habs. Can't believe he didn't give it a go. Or even Varlamov or Kahkonen (should have had his ear to the ground on that one).

Incidentallly I really feel for Campbell - such a nice guy and obviously beloved teammate, that comes out loud and clear, but going back to his LA days there is a real confidence issue there. I'm sure he beat himself up all summer over that Gallagher opening tally through the wickets in game 7. That said he did bounce back big time earlier in the season and sustained it for a few months, so maybe he can do the same now as the Leafs get ready for that big first roud playoff matchup.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Yeah saw that, but isn't it a bit disingenuous? I mean if Campbell didn't have an inkling that Dubas was looking for more goalie help, given how Campbell's game has absolutely cratered (and his confidence along with it) since December, then he's an idiot. By going out and making a stink about it, in the Toronto media landscape, I think Dubas is only making it worse.

BTW I think he's generally a smart GM but he really missed the boat here by not acquiring some G help - I can't imagine it would have cost a prohibitive amount to bring in say Jake Allen, despite that he would have to be negotiating with his arch-nemesis Habs. Can't believe he didn't give it a go. Or even Varlamov or Kahkonen (should have had his ear to the ground on that one).
    It's also unfair to Knies and Mrazek to hear about "being traded" through Twitter. It's not all about the guy being brought in too.

The big thing with the goaltending to me has always been how confident is the management team that bringing in a new goalie fixes the issues. There really hasn't been a goalie trade that has worked out mid-season that I can really think of.

I would have thought bringing in a goalie to be the backup for Kallgren though would have been a play to explore. Then once Campbell is back, Kallgren goes down to the minors. Kahkonen would have been good, but that's an equivalent of a 2nd round pick (That was the price of Middleton) and Toronto didn't have that (Gio deal). Varly would have blocked a Campbell extension likely.

It was a tough bit of ground Dubas was standing on. Once Muzzin is back, Dubas didn't want to pay for a D that would bump Sandin out of the lineup, or Lilj. Then with goaltending the price didn't equal value I guess.

It's def a gamble. Especially from a GM that might not be using that 1st round pick he kept. Or at least reap the rewards of that 1st. Which to me can be viewed as responsible GMing. But could also turn out to be a terrible gamble. Time will tell.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post

Incidentallly I really feel for Campbell - such a nice guy and obviously beloved teammate, that comes out loud and clear, but going back to his LA days there is a real confidence issue there. I'm sure he beat himself up all summer over that Gallagher opening tally through the wickets in game 7. That said he did bounce back big time earlier in the season and sustained it for a few months, so maybe he can do the same now as the Leafs get ready for that big first roud playoff matchup.
    It wasnt really about Campbell...every GM has some kind of reputation one way or the other, Dubas always keeps trades quiet and i believe the league knows and respects that and follows. Probably learned that trade from Lou! Now new GM comes in and makes trade talks public and Dubas is pissed....he probably should have kept his mouth shut about it too just as he expects from others during the trade.

not big deal imo but we may not see Chicago - Toronto trade for a while.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Icon

The Next Gen leafs reversible jersey revealed:

Honestly the black doesn’t look bad for a gimmick Jersey but that gold is god awful.

And can someone please explain to me how Justin Bieber keeps permeating every aspect of Canadian culture with his shit? First TimBiebs, now this? Am I just getting old and out of touch?

Dobber Sports Ninja

I can't tell if you're trolling us or if that black and yellow jersey is for real...

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I can't tell if you're trolling us or if that black and yellow jersey is for real...
    I wish I was trolling, apparently it’s made in collaboration with Justin Bieber and is based on his “brand”

I had to double check the dates but April 1 is still over a week away

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/maple-leafs-justin-bieber-collaborate-on-unique-next-gen-uniform/

Dobber Sports All-Star

AM and him are pretty close, so us Leaf fans pay for that bromance. I agree, enough of this Bieber crap, the tim bits sucked and now he could be a jinx for the Leafs come playoff time. Time to cut him loose....(good luck tho)

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Titan

The fact that the jersey is reversible is pretty cool. Lets be honest though, this jersey is meant for kids and you now get a jersey that's a legit jersey, and a fashion statement.

This is a pretty big slam dunk compared to other alternate jerseys the Leafs have come out when it comes to the purpose of it.

Dobber Sports Titan

Mrazek starting tonight.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Designed by Antoni Gaudí. ( hence “gaudy” is termed). What’s with the black & gold Tiger Cats / Steelers look with the Happy Face
    I just don’t understand the team Sweden yellow & blue “drew” hats ?

The blue isn’t bad, nothing special. I think it would have been better to have contrasting colours when reversed.
    They definitely aren’t the worst jersey design or the best.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson