Page 302 of 414 FirstFirst ... 202 252 292 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 312 352 402 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 6196

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Apparently Domi's days are numbered in MTL. Tough deal for rivals to make, but KD has to at least make that call and see if the stars could align.
    Max is EXACTLY the kind of player the Leafs need.
    An underachiever? Sounds about right lol
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    An underachiever? Sounds about right lol
    lol - well at least this particular underachiever is multidimensional. When Marner & Nylander struggle, they're 100% useless. Domi can still hit, intimidate, and (god forbid, of course) punch a face in if someone deserves it. e.g. Marchand.

Dobber Sports Expert

Apparently Domi's days are numbered in MTL. Tough deal for rivals to make, but KD has to at least make that call and see if the stars could align.
    Max is EXACTLY the kind of player the Leafs need.
    And what could the Leafs offer that would actually be of reasonable value to both sides to complete a deal? Nothing.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    And what could the Leafs offer that would actually be of reasonable value to both sides to complete a deal? Nothing.
    I don't understand this at all. I'm sure the Leafs could find someone of reasonable value to offer. Johnsson and a 1st, for example. That's not enough, obviously, at the end of last season. But it's a "reasonable" offer today.

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't understand this at all. I'm sure the Leafs could find someone of reasonable value to offer. Johnsson and a 1st, for example. That's not enough, obviously, at the end of last season. But it's a "reasonable" offer today.
    Johnsson and a 1st for an RFA who's looking for a pay raise on a cap strapped team.

makes sense.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Johnsson and a 1st for an RFA who's looking for a pay raise on a cap strapped team.

makes sense.
    Given the circumstances - league revenue plummeting, RFAs having very little leverage (except when dealing with Kyle Dubas), last season for Domi being terrible - it does make sense, yes.

Dobber Sports Jedi

the last thing the Leafs need is a smaller top 6 forward.
    Domi would likely slot on the 3rd line and want north of 4m per season.
    The Leafs just shipped out a 3m forward from the 3rd line.
    With a healthy Mikheyev, Johnsson in the line up - the addition of Robertson & Barabanov on ELC deals. 4m+ for a forward makes no sense.
    Kerfoot is thrown in there too.

If the Leafs move the #15 pick - it'll be an upgrade on the back end. D or G.
    If they add a forward, it'll be someone like Pat Maroon for much cheaper to add some grit & depth to the bottom six.

I look at the Leafs roster and upgrading the forward position is not really on my radar. 1-2 Dmen upgrades/adds and I'm warm to the idea of moving Andersen.
    Then perhaps tinker with #3/4 C - but Cheaply
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Given the circumstances - league revenue plummeting, RFAs having very little leverage (except when dealing with Kyle Dubas), last season for Domi being terrible - it does make sense, yes.
    Leafs aren't moving a forward for a forward of equal tier. Let alone pay a 1st as well and have to deal with a contract extension with an RFA.

Domi to the Leafs is so far off the radar it's on the lines of a Craig Button click bait article.

Dobber Sports Expert

Leafs aren't moving a forward for a forward of equal tier. Let alone pay a 1st as well and have to deal with a contract extension with an RFA.

Domi to the Leafs is so far off the radar it's on the lines of a Craig Button click bait article.
    More like HockeyBuzz click bait.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Contrary to popular belief, and what Kyle would have us believe, the Leafs are not nearly as strong up front as it seems.
    The Jackets series exposed that fact pretty clearly.
    And just like in the draft, you take opportunities when they arise - you don't force the situation to suit what you need more. e.g. You may need a D badly, but if the best player available is a forward, you draft the forward. It would be really bad management to ignore the better player who happens to be a forward, just because you have more pressing needs on the back end.

Domi's available, coming off a terrible season, he's tough as nails, skilled, and the Leafs are soft as butter. He's a classic buy low right now. He's not in a position to demand a big salary bump and the Habs want to move him.

Dobber Sports Padawan

All I said was that Kyle should inquire. Someone else implied the Leafs had nothing reasonable to offer, which is flatly untrue.
    Move on already.

Dobber Sports Titan

Contrary to popular belief, and what Kyle would have us believe, the Leafs are not nearly as strong up front as it seems.
    The Jackets series exposed that fact pretty clearly.
    And just like in the draft, you take opportunities when they arise - you don't force the situation to suit what you need more. e.g. You may need a D badly, but if the best player available is a forward, you draft the forward. It would be really bad management to ignore the better player who happens to be a forward, just because you have more pressing needs on the back end.

Domi's available, coming off a terrible season, he's tough as nails, skilled, and the Leafs are soft as butter. He's a classic buy low right now. He's not in a position to demand a big salary bump and the Habs want to move him.
    All these points seem to be why Montreal should sign him. (I've never understood the narrative of him having to be moved out)

Dobber Sports Jedi

In a fantasy pool - he's a classic buy low.

In real life Domi has an agent - who's going to lean on the 70pt season.
    He made 3.1m this year. Bad season or not - he's going to get a raise. 5x5 ?

As critical of Dubas as you are Willy, it seems non-nonsensical for him to tie even more money up in his forwards than he already has.

Let Clifford go, Sign Pat Maroon for 1 x. 1.5m you get your toughness and some real good 4th line depth.

Marner - Matthews - Hyman
    Nylander - Tavares - Mikheyev
    Johnsson/Barabanov - Kerfoot - Robertson

Where would you even put Domi @ $5m ...

Montreal will receive numerous better offers on Domi from other teams that need Domi more than the Leafs do.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    In a fantasy pool - he's a classic buy low.

In real life Domi has an agent - who's going to lean on the 70pt season.
    He made 3.1m this year. Bad season or not - he's going to get a raise. 5x5 ?

As critical of Dubas as you are Willy, it seems non-nonsensical for him to tie even more money up in his forwards than he already has.

Let Clifford go, Sign Pat Maroon for 1 x. 1.5m you get your toughness and some real good 4th line depth.

Marner - Matthews - Hyman
    Nylander - Tavares - Mikheyev
    Johnsson/Barabanov - Kerfoot - Robertson

Where would you even put Domi @ $5m ...

Montreal will receive numerous better offers on Domi from other teams that need Domi more than the Leafs do.
    Fair points for sure.

I would still make the call, or send the text, and see what could transpire. If too many teams are calling and the price is too high, end of story. But if he can be had cheaply, I would find room for him.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Right now you can't trade for Domi. You can trade for the rights to negotiate exclusively for him, unless Montreal extends him first, which I would doubt happens without an overpay, like your offer.

You can likely get those rights for a 3rd or maybe a 4th.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.