Thread: Flyers Goaltending Situation? (instant karma)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Flyers Goaltending Situation? (instant karma)

I own both Bobrovsky and Boucher in a 1 year league. They're getting the job done so far this year but i've been hearing rumors that the Flyers might try and bring in a vet like Giguere to take over? what are the chances they trade for a goalie?
    11 Team Points League
    G (3), A (2), PPP (1), +/- (1) , PIM (.5), SHP (1.5) SOG (0.2)
    W (4) L (-1), GA (-1), SV (0.1), SO (4)

C: Getzlaf , Couture, Oshie, Ribiero
    Lw: Neal, Semin, Nash , Glencross
    Rw: Perry, St Louis, Tarasenko, Brunner
    D: Letang, Green, Kronwall, Fowler, Seabrook
    G: Schneider, Varlamov, Nabokov

Dobber Sports Ninja

tbh I don't see it, I think the style that Philly plays they really don't need to be overly aggressive in getting a goaltender. Bob's got the youth and Boucher's got the experience to make another run in the playoffs, and I think what Philly's going to do is go after another depth scorer.

Just my 2cents
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Administrator

Like giving out "karma" you can't figure out what the Flyers will do in goal. They very well could swing a deal and then bury Bobrovsky in the minors but my hunch is that they won't. I don't think any available goaltender improves their situation enough to justify whatever they pay. You might see them pick up substitute players to help in case of injury, at F and D, probably experienced skaters that can sit in the press box or the minors and wait for the call. Otherwise I don't see much happening on the Flyers' front, and history shows that standing pat at the deadline is often times the best move a team can make.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The Flyers want Bobrovsky to gain experience in the playoffs and down the stretch, so why would they trade for another goalie? Their situation is playing out very well, you have a solid veteran plus a young stud, no need to make a move here.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I don't see Philly going out and getting a goalie this year. Like was mentioned above, both Bob and Bouch are playing well and giving the team a chance to win nearly every night. It's a great situation for Bobrovsky's development right now. The team is still young, so there's no need to go out and buy in an attempt to succeed last year's results.

I just moved Bob and 2nd round pick in a keep 6 for Vokoun.
    12-team Rotisserie
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, FOW
    W, saves, GAA, SV%, SO

2C-
    2LW- Marchand
    2RW- Giroux
    4D- Rielly
    2G- Bishop, Price

Dobber Sports Expert

I don't see why the Flyers would move any pieces in their system right now, they are doing far to well to mess up their chemistry. The price tag on a goalie would also make things difficult as they are pretty cap strapped as it is. Giguere wouldn't be going there unless they sent some players along as well.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Legend

I don't see the Flyers brining in a goalie. They only have a little over $3-mil of cap space and want to bring in a two-way, character winger for the playoffs without moving a piece of their core. Giggy makes too much coin. Unless there is an unexpected turn of events, the Flyers will put their playoff hopes in the hands of Bobrovsky and Boucher.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ace

At this point, I would be pretty disappointed if Homer goes out and gets a Giggy or Vokoun. There's good mojo going with the Bob/Boosh tandem, and to blow that up for a veteran goalie might be a big mistake. It's more about the team in front of the goalie, and they have such depth in all areas I'll take my chances there. If only older, veteran goalies were winning Cups in today's NHL, I'd be more excited; but that's not the case (see Niemi last year, etc). It wouldn't surprise me if Homer gets an itchy trigger finger come trade deadline time (a known trait of his), but here's hoping he doesn't. Ride the Bob/Boosh tandem, Homer. Please.
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov