Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin jumps Talbot (Pens/NYI)

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Gillies and Haley just come across bad (just being polite).
    No doubt about it.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Ace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puMana_bq1o

this is basically all 17 minutes of fights for the whole game, for those who missed it.

Dobber Sports Ace

And say what you will about a team trying to stand up for themselves, as some people in here have defended the Islanders, but the Martin Bertuzzi impression and then Gillies flying elbow then jumping a kid... Tangradi didn't even know where he was and Gillies comes back to chirp him from the runway.

That whole charade was a disgrace.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think it was smart that after Fleury took over then having a bunch of Islanders talk shit to him, the Pens decided to put Johnson back in. I think there may have been a locker room price on Fleury's head. While Fleury did nothing in the previous game, that would be hitting the Pens where it counts. I am a die hard Caps fan so I should hate the Pens no matter what, but tonight was just silly. Yes, I agree, good for the Islanders for standing up for themselves, but enough is enough....message received.

On a side note, could you imagine if the Islanders attacked the Caps like they did the Pens tonight, it would have been so sad! Semin would've had to slap someone! I really don't want to see Steckel fight again for a year or two either.
    Follow me on twitter @mikerocksthered
    https://twitter.com/mikerocksthered

ESPN 10 Team H2H
    F: Kessel, Backstrom, E. Staal, Marleau, Hossa, Kesler, Vrbata, Bozak, Koivu, Wilson, Tlusty, Fisher
    D: Chara, Shattenkirk, Souray, Beauchemin, Liles, Carlson, Vlassic, Greene
    G: Brodeur, Fasth, Ward IR: Ray Whitney

Yahoo 10 team H2H
    F: Marleau, Tlusty, Vanek, Pominville, McDonald, Clarkson, Huberdeau, Koivu
    D: Boyle, Greene, Chara, Pietrangelo, Hedman, L Schenn
    G: Brodeur, Fasth

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

so how many games do you think martin will get? i'm sure the nhl doesn't want another bertuzzi incident...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Good for the Islanders. The Penguins are a bunch of goons and I am glad to see somebody step up to them like this. (Although not a fan of the Bertuzzi-esque move there by that one guy. That said, Talbot should man up and fight and it would not come to that- that was a cheapshot that he put on Comeau in that last game that led to a concussion.)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by blunas View Post
    Good for the Islanders. The Penguins are a bunch of goons and I am glad to see somebody step up to them like this. (Although not a fan of the Bertuzzi-esque move there by that one guy. That said, Talbot should man up and fight and it would not come to that- that was a cheapshot that he put on Comeau in that last game that led to a concussion.)
    As much as I agree, good for Talbot to realize that he is a key player now (LOL) and needed to flop down to the ice and not get hurt or kicked out.

ESPN 10 Team H2H
    F: Kessel, Backstrom, E. Staal, Marleau, Hossa, Kesler, Vrbata, Bozak, Koivu, Wilson, Tlusty, Fisher

Yahoo 10 team H2H

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blunas View Post
    Pretty sure Talbot has manned up plenty of times in his career. WTF does he have to man up for when the hit on Comeau was clean. The Islanders need to get the sand out of their vaginas. I'm with Smack here.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Goligoski was in on the action quite a bit tonight. He played a pretty decent game. Unfortunately he seemed to earn that dreaded "3rd assist"

I've got a feeling the NHL is going to make an example of someone in this game Big suspension coming.
    I'm talking PIMs. Goligoski just stood there on the sidelines in all those fights. Get involved!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I'm talking PIMs. Goligoski just stood there on the sidelines in all those fights. Get involved!
    Can't reinforce how funny your questioning Konopka's lack of PIMS's was tonight. It was like he heard you!

ESPN 10 Team H2H

Yahoo 10 team H2H

NY streets, sewers & on occasion in a farm

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I actually feel quite ashamed for the Islander organization. From the standpoint of gaining respect from other teams in the league, prepare to receive a whole lot of nothing. Only things I took from the game was that the goon callups were happy to get their jollies off and have their names added to some part of Islander lore and it probably brought the team together a little more. Other than that, no need for this sham of a game.

As previously posted, you beat teams on the scoresheet. You settle what differences you have with a player (Talbot, maybe Johnson) with a fight and it's done. You don't keep on keepin on with it all night. Is their self-esteem really that low? A lot of what happened falls on the shoulders of Tavares and Capuano. The team follows it's leaders. Tavares lead the way undoubtedly with his slash on Letang at the end of the first. I mean come on T, burn Letang the way you can, with your skill, not doing it by being all whiny about it and taking out your frustrations that way. Capuano's got to respect the game as well. Let your skill flourish against this AHL team you're facing, and have your goons out when they have theirs out patrollin the ice.

The Isles should take a little advice from the Oilers who are worse off than they are. Ya they suck right now, but they know they're not going to do much other than maybe "throw a wrench" into some teams playoff hopes. But, they still go out there and play and grow as a team, win or lose. I think when Dobber talks about playing in a losing situation, the Isles are much worse off than the Oilers are right now. The Isles need a Renney, a guy who is going to keep structure and bring the younguns along nicely.

A NYer
    THE GOONGALA SQUAD

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Kraftster View Post
    I feel like I am on a playground with a child. Really?

When did I defend Cooke? Cooke is a dirty player. Many of his acts are an embarrassment, and they embarrass me as a Pens fan. It has nothing to do with this.

I guess you're okay with the thuggery exhibited by those two gutless punks tonight.
    Cooke's behavior, Talbot's behavior, Fleury's behavior, and other prior penguins behavior has everything to do with what happened tonight. When you have guys that act like they're hot sh*t, and/or cheap shot guys on other teams, you're gonna piss people off.

The islanders were pissed off because of a long history of this sort of crap. Cooke's prior behavior is quite relevant... you don't have a game like this that isn't the direct result of many, many prior incidents (several of which i'm sure cooke had a hand in).

Pretty sure Talbot has manned up plenty of times in his career. WTF does he have to man up for when the hit on Comeau was clean. The Islanders need to get the sand out of their vaginas. I'm with Smack here.
    This hit was not clean. Not at all. I didn't see it originally a few games back... but the puck isn't even on the screen of the replay at any point. That's not a clean hit at all. Should've been a 5 minute major interference and possibly a suspension.

As I mention above. This is exactly an example of how the penguins have been dirty players, and haven't been held accountable. This is a horseshit sort of thing to pull. You don't clean a guy out when he's no where near the puck.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Jones View Post
    I actually feel quite ashamed for the Islander organization. From the standpoint of gaining respect from other teams in the league, prepare to receive a whole lot of nothing. Only things I took from the game was that the goon callups were happy to get their jollies off and have their names added to some part of Islander lore and it probably brought the team together a little more. Other than that, no need for this sham of a game.

As previously posted, you beat teams on the scoresheet. You settle what differences you have with a player (Talbot, maybe Johnson) with a fight and it's done. You don't keep on keepin on with it all night. Is their self-esteem really that low? A lot of what happened falls on the shoulders of Tavares and Capuano. The team follows it's leaders. Tavares lead the way undoubtedly with his slash on Letang at the end of the first. I mean come on T, burn Letang the way you can, with your skill, not doing it by being all whiny about it and taking out your frustrations that way. Capuano's got to respect the game as well. Let your skill flourish against this AHL team you're facing, and have your goons out when they have theirs out patrollin the ice.

The Isles should take a little advice from the Oilers who are worse off than they are. Ya they suck right now, but they know they're not going to do much other than maybe "throw a wrench" into some teams playoff hopes. But, they still go out there and play and grow as a team, win or lose. I think when Dobber talks about playing in a losing situation, the Isles are much worse off than the Oilers are right now. The Isles need a Renney, a guy who is going to keep structure and bring the younguns along nicely.

A NYer
    There's a difference between gaining respect (which is what the islanders did by pasting the penguins for 9 goals) and showing the league that you won't take getting walked all over (which is what the islanders showed during the rest of the game).

Simply put... the penguins dished out more than they could take. They played dirty coming into this game, and continued to play dirty during it (sure the islanders were dirty too, but the pens were by no means innocent bystanders). There's a reason that the pens had less players at the end of the game than the islanders did.

Bottom line. If you show teams that you'll go toe to toe with them if they try to give you shit... if you show them that you'll put a couple of their guys out... get a couple of your other guys suspensions... then you're not gonna take as many liberties when you play them.

Whether you call that respect or not, I think it was a valuable thing that the islanders got from the league tonight. Ever since that phaneuf hit on okposo, there's just been a sense that teams didn't give a flying &%^% about the islanders, and I think it's about time for them to start kicking ass and taking names.

If you skate all the way down the ice and start fighting with the goalie, you're fair game for anything. Godard was right to step in.
    Disagree. Johnson exibited aggression towards Haley before Haley did towards Johnson. All haley was doing... was taunting the goalie while he headed towards the box. Then when johnson started shaking his glove off, Haley rolled up his sleeves, changed direction and said lets go.

Johnson asked for this, there was no reason for Godard to leave the bench.

I hope the NHL throws the book at him. As disgusting as anything/everything else in this game mightve been, that's the number 1 and number 2 things I have an issue with in the sport. When people leave the bench (1) to become the "third man in" to a fight (2).

Seriously... in a heated game like this, it's stupid shit like that that causes bench clearing brawls. It has no place in the sport... as long as everyone on the ice is paired up and fighting, the refs can somewhat manage... with people coming off the bench, you've got problems.
    Last edited by lanky522; February 12, 2011 at 5:03 AM.
    Roster Limit(s):
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I've become an Islander fan after tonight - a young team says 'Enough is enough', no more being a doormat, and they do whatever it takes to grow up as a team. It was ugly from both sides of the rink but this Islanders team will be a different team after tonight and I absolutely LOVED what I saw.

Penguins fans are going to whine about it because they lost their two best players to injury for the year, are going to go nowhere in the playoffs (and I like the Penguins to be honest) this year, and just got absolutely owned on the scoresheet and had the snot beat out of them.

Very little to be be very happy about so I will forgive all of the inevitable complaining that is happening right now from Pittsburgh - I'd likely be doing the same thing.

I can't wait to watch the Islanders over the next few years with Tavares leading the charge.

And with that I bid Dobberhockey adieu - I'm done with fantasy hockey so not much more of a need to come here any more. Love the sport, and always an Oiler fan. Cheers!
    I agree completely with this post.

Sure there was a lot of dirty stuff on both sides... but the islanders are standing up for themselves and more importantly each other. They'll have to scrap their way up the standings as they continue to improve (playing against the rangers, pittsburgh, philly, etc... nothing will be given to them), so it's good to see them coming together a little bit, and standing up for themselves.
    Roster Limit(s):

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    The way the Radio Hofstra guys made it sound, Johnson was making his way towards Koskinen. The Isles are running out of options in goals, so can't really blame Haley...
    That was my impression too a little bit... Johnson was out at the blue line before Haley even started skating towards him... He only changed direction and went to him because Johnson started shaking his glove loose and gave him the "lets go."

I have no problem with Haley and Johnson fighting... I do have a problem with Godard jumping off the bench.

*NOTE* I really hate to keep sighting that youtube clip in my posts, but the video is very comprehensive of everything that happened. It's gotta be a pittsburgh telecast though, as the announcers are complete chode-gobblers.
    Roster Limit(s):