Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin jumps Talbot (Pens/NYI)

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Who the hell is Haley anyway?
    just called up today...nice statline in his 4:30...1 goal,+1 and 24 pim's..lol
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I've become an Islander fan after tonight - a young team says 'Enough is enough', no more being a doormat, and they do whatever it takes to grow up as a team. It was ugly from both sides of the rink but this Islanders team will be a different team after tonight and I absolutely LOVED what I saw.

Penguins fans are going to whine about it because they lost their two best players to injury for the year, are going to go nowhere in the playoffs (and I like the Penguins to be honest) this year, and just got absolutely owned on the scoresheet and had the snot beat out of them.

Very little to be be very happy about so I will forgive all of the inevitable complaining that is happening right now from Pittsburgh - I'd likely be doing the same thing.

I can't wait to watch the Islanders over the next few years with Tavares leading the charge.

And with that I bid Dobberhockey adieu - I'm done with fantasy hockey so not much more of a need to come here any more. Love the sport, and always an Oiler fan. Cheers!
    I always just assumed you were an Islander fan. Makes sense.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    The Isles are a ****ing joke. From top to bottom they are the garbage of the NHL and I can't wait for Wang to sell the team to another city.
    You're an idiot.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Master

Gillies is the biggest douche ive ever seen. I don't care what the hell he does after this, you never elbow a guy in the face, give him a concussion, then proceed to beat on him...hope he gets suspended for the rest of the season. This was worse than matt cooke's incident, or Volchenkov's. One thing to injure someone in the middle of a fast paced game, but after the whistle to beat on the injured guy is like trying to pick a fight with a four year old...

EDIT: That f***er then went to the door and started to yell at the concussed Tangradi....out for his career. What. a. prick.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    If you skate all the way down the ice and start fighting with the goalie, you're fair game for anything. Godard was right to step in.
    The way the Radio Hofstra guys made it sound, Johnson was making his way towards Koskinen. The Isles are running out of options in goals, so can't really blame Haley...

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    You're an idiot.
    Awesome stuff, buddy. Keep up the great contributions.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Pathetic.

Martin's act was no different than Bertuzzi's. Perhaps worse since he threw the gloves off. Incredibly lucky Talbot saw him out of the corner of his eye. Dispicable.

Gillies. So, charge, elbow, proceed to try to beat on helmetless player, then taunt concussed player from the runway. Embarrassing.

Isles just set the sport back 10 years. A shame that their meaningful retribution against Johnson -- lighting him up -- wasn't enough for them.

Grabner is exciting to watch, like Andrew MacDonald a lot.
    12 H2H Pts - Keep 17 + 8 Farm
    Points for: G,A,PPP,SHP,D Points,+/-,S,PIM,HIT,BLKS; Wins,SO,OTL,S,GA

C(3): Getzlaf,Lecavalier,Berglund,Granlund*
    RW(3): Perry,Wheeler,Franzen(LW),Hemsky,Little
    LW(3): Zetterberg(C),Marleau,Duchene(C),Clowe(RW)
    D (6): Seabrook,Kronwall,Zidlicky,Giordano,Faulk*,Diaz*,W ilson*
    G (2): Luongo,Smith,Neuvirth

Farm (<200 GP/<100 GP goalie):
    C: Kuznetsov,Hartikainen
    W: Paajarvi,Greening
    D: Kostka,Martinez,
    G: Bishop,Gibson,Johnson

Super Moderator

Unfortunately, this crap over-shadowed a hell of a game from Koskinen. This guy plays great for his age.

Banned

Apparently they were getting back for a Talbot hit on Comeau from last game as well.

and **** you Goligoski, you needed to get in on the action

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I've become an Islander fan after tonight - a young team says 'Enough is enough', no more being a doormat, and they do whatever it takes to grow up as a team. It was ugly from both sides of the rink but this Islanders team will be a different team after tonight and I absolutely LOVED what I saw.

Penguins fans are going to whine about it because they lost their two best players to injury for the year, are going to go nowhere in the playoffs (and I like the Penguins to be honest) this year, and just got absolutely owned on the scoresheet and had the snot beat out of them.

Very little to be be very happy about so I will forgive all of the inevitable complaining that is happening right now from Pittsburgh - I'd likely be doing the same thing.

I can't wait to watch the Islanders over the next few years with Tavares leading the charge.

And with that I bid Dobberhockey adieu - I'm done with fantasy hockey so not much more of a need to come here any more. Love the sport, and always an Oiler fan. Cheers!
    ...bye Doulos?
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Absolutely, they have 4 stanley cup banners. I also think 4 is close to their average attendance. They call up this idiot Haley who won't be in the NHL after this year and Gillies acts like a freakin' moron and that was to send a message that they're protecting Tavares. Absolute garbage. They win one freakin' game and they act like morons.

Unless another owners wants to buy from Wang and clean house, I could care less but my statement was more a reflection of their team from owner to gm to coach. The few die-hard Islanders fans deserve a lot better than this.
    you are letting your emotions do your thinking just like the players on the ice tonight,no need for housecleaning,Snow is good so far
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Star

So why was the Boston vs Montreal game "old time hockey" and this was crap?

I get the fact there were some cheap shots (on both sides). This goes back to the Comeau hit more than the goalie fight. But to put this in perspective, after being crapped on and taken advantage of ALL season, this was a statement game for a team desperate for respect. Say what you want this was something that's been brewing for a long time.

And Smack..sorry for the idiot comment but that statement was crap.
    Last edited by islefan31; February 11, 2011 at 10:37 PM.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Super Moderator

So why was the Boston vs Montreal game "old fasioned hockey" and this was crap?

I get the fact there were some cheap shots (on both sides). This goes back to the Comeau hit more than the goalie fight. But to put this in perspective, after being crapped on and taken advantage of ALL season, this was a statement game for a team desperate for respect. Say what you want this was something that's been brewing for a long time.

You were right, technically. I remember the Leaf/Isles series (a long way back) and it was awesome. But I just hate what the ownership has done with this team since then. I know a lot of people here like snow, Wildhendy, I don't. I do some of the moves he made were more Wang than him, but it still reflects him and I just don't think he's close to a good GM (that Nabokov claim was just stupid. If he really wanted another goalie, there are still a couple out there he can get but nothing so far). Just my opinion.

Back to you, islesfan. There was a big difference between this and the Bos/Mtl game. That shit Gillies pulled with Tangradi was just garbage and Haley looked like a pure goon out there. I really, really don't like Godard but I totally agree with him coming off the bench in that situation. You have to.

I apologize to the New Yorkers out there cause there are some die hards. Just go support that team so maybe they'll put some $ into that team.

Dobber Sports Initiate

So why was the Boston vs Montreal game "old time hockey" and this was crap?

Then you should get why its different. Martin and Gillies attacks were despicable. And Gillies taunting a player he just charged from more than halfway across the ice and elbowed in the jaw? That's got no place in the sport. Pretty evident why this was not good old time hockey. Settle for the revenge that matters, lighting up Johnson. Trying to injure players instead.
    12 H2H Pts - Keep 17 + 8 Farm
    Points for: G,A,PPP,SHP,D Points,+/-,S,PIM,HIT,BLKS; Wins,SO,OTL,S,GA

C(3): Getzlaf,Lecavalier,Berglund,Granlund*
    RW(3): Perry,Wheeler,Franzen(LW),Hemsky,Little
    LW(3): Zetterberg(C),Marleau,Duchene(C),Clowe(RW)
    D (6): Seabrook,Kronwall,Zidlicky,Giordano,Faulk*,Diaz*,W ilson*
    G (2): Luongo,Smith,Neuvirth

Farm (<200 GP/<100 GP goalie):
    C: Kuznetsov,Hartikainen
    W: Paajarvi,Greening
    D: Kostka,Martinez,
    G: Bishop,Gibson,Johnson

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kraftster View Post
    Then you should get why its different. Martin and Gillies attacks were despicable. And Gillies taunting a player he just charged from more than halfway across the ice and elbowed in the jaw? That's got no place in the sport. Pretty evident why this was not good old time hockey. Settle for the revenge that matters, lighting up Johnson. Trying to injure players instead.
    just saw the martin attack....unforgivable.