Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Martin jumps Talbot (Pens/NYI)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

But you were okay with him jumping the boards, Big EV. You can't have it both ways. You can't be fine with that suspension AND say that he should have jumped the boards. That's completely illogical.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...rio_melodrama/

very on point blog post by jon jordan
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    He got the 10 game suspension. What's the ****ing problem here?
    The problem is with your lopsided, bizarre rationale saying it was "right" to do. Obviously it WASN'T right, because he GOT 10 GAMES FOR IT!! that's my point. My goodness, man.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    But you were okay with him jumping the boards, Big EV. You can't have it both ways. You can't be fine with that suspension AND say that he should have jumped the boards. That's completely illogical.
    Yeah I'm ok with it, but it was still illegal. I'd be okay with you murdering a serial child molester, but it's still illegal.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Yeah I'm ok with it, but it was still illegal. I'd be okay with you murdering a serial child molester, but it's still illegal.
    I agree with this. And, I understand where you are going with it... as long are you are "okay" with that vigilante aproach across the board (and not just when it benefits the Pens). Case in point: Say in the last game, DiPietro beats up Fleury. But not only beats him up, breaks his face and then the Islanders laugh about it after. How would you then feel if Friday night, Eric Godard made it a point to punch a non-fighting Islander in the face to send a message that the Islanders should not disrespect his players? Like I said, judging by your comments in this tread (and the Cooke knee on Ovechkin thread) it is clear as day that you would be fine with the Pens doing to the Isles exactly what the Isles did to the Pens. That makes it hypocritical.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by littleranger View Post
    Just read this tweet...

Message from one NHL Governor..."If Mario would like to change the game, maybe he should show up at the meetings."
    LOL...love it!
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jayz16 View Post
    I think that it could have been avoided had Talbot answered the bell though. Martin chirped him and Talbot ignored him. He should have dropped his gloves and given Martin and the Isles a shot for his hit from the last game.
    Had only Martin come in and challenged Talbot face to face instead of coming in from behind like a *****.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Had only Martin come in and challenged Talbot face to face instead of coming in from behind like a *****.
    LOL... Yeah he came from behind, which isn't very sporting but he chirped and Talbot clearly heard him.

I'm thinking maybe if he turns around (probably gets sucker-punched) and fought Martin from the get-go, it wouldn't have escalated the way it did.

No excuse for Gilles though, that was disgusting, plain and simple.
    11 team Keeper League (14 out of 30) Salary cap of 90.72 million$, actual salary.
    Cats...Pts (1G, 1A), +/- and PIMs divided by 10

C.. Malkin Getzlaf Stepan Kadri
    RW.. Kessel Marchand Brunner Silfverberg
    LW.. Parise Vanek Jagr C.Wilson
    D.. Shattenkirk Karlsson Yandle Visnovsky Rielly R.Murray
    G..Rask, Schneider

Bench (paid)... Johansen, Kassian, Belov, Josi, Lehner, Paajarvi
    Unsigned... Campbell, Pouliot, Gustaffson, Frolik

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jayz16 View Post
    LOL... Yeah he came from behind, which isn't very sporting but he chirped and Talbot clearly heard him.

I'm thinking maybe if he turns around (probably gets sucker-punched) and fought Martin from the get-go, it wouldn't have escalated the way it did.
    According to Talbot there was no talk and I'll take his word for it. Also if you look at this video at 2:07 onwards I'm not seeing much of chirping from Martin before he attacked Talbot.

Dobber Sports Legend

Martin definitely exchanged words with Talbot, but it wasn't enough time for Talbot to react and drop his gloves in a fair fight scenario. The Isles lost their composure and made it a point to settle scores.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    According to Talbot there was no talk and I'll take his word for it. Also if you look at this video at 2:07 onwards I'm not seeing much of chirping from Martin before he attacked Talbot.
    You're right, I digress... He definitely didn't have time to make it a fair fight...
    11 team Keeper League (14 out of 30) Salary cap of 90.72 million$, actual salary.
    Cats...Pts (1G, 1A), +/- and PIMs divided by 10

C.. Malkin Getzlaf Stepan Kadri
    RW.. Kessel Marchand Brunner Silfverberg
    LW.. Parise Vanek Jagr C.Wilson
    D.. Shattenkirk Karlsson Yandle Visnovsky Rielly R.Murray
    G..Rask, Schneider

Bench (paid)... Johansen, Kassian, Belov, Josi, Lehner, Paajarvi
    Unsigned... Campbell, Pouliot, Gustaffson, Frolik

Dobber Sports Novice

This thread probably doesn't need to get any longer, and I really don't think anybody is going to change their minds at this point but I really can't keep my mouth shut haha.
    Disclaimer: I am not a Pens or Isles fan (or Flyers or Caps haha).

I understand the people who didn't like Godard jumping onto the ice, but the other side isn't illogical at all. Its a complex issue and you can't just boil it down to 'wrong' or 'right'. What he did was strictly illegal and there was no way he was avoiding the necessary suspension. With that said, you can still justify what he did. What you guys are arguing is that all laws are perfect and theres never any justification for breaking them (which I don't think any of you actually believe). As has been said before, if Godard hadn't gone out there and Johnson had been seriously injured, people would have called the Pens soft and said they couldn't believe no one backed their goalie.

I agree that Johnson seemed willing. (On a side note, its hard to say for sure. The replays only ever show Haley skating down the ice, and then jump to Johnson standing on the blue line, and next thing you know Haley's dropped his gloves). Honestly, I wish there had been a way that Johnson could have fought like he wanted to, but that someone could have jumped in if it got out of hand. Fact is, the refs were nowhere nearby, and Godard had no time to ponder about the best course of action, and no security that Haley would stop pounding Johnson's face if he got the chance.

Godard fought to make sure another one of his team mates didn't get injured - honestly, probably the best justification for a fight in that entire game. I just wish Johnson had let him do his thing and hadn't made it a 2 on 1. That's the only part I didn't like.

Summary: I agree with Godards decision, and I agree with the 10 game suspension, and I don't think thats illogical at all.
    One year roto. 10 Managers. G, A, +/-, PPG, SHG, W, SO.

C - Malkin, Kesler, Pavelski
    LW - Kovalchuk, Bourque, Neal
    RW - Hossa, Iginla, Hemsky
    D - Green, Boyle, Weber, Campbell
    G - Luongo, Lundqvist, Brodeur

Dobber Sports Star

Wow... I go away for a weekend without hockey and I miss this??? All I can say about this game is...

Karma is a bitch
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg