Thread: Edler, Karlsson, Subban

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Edler, Karlsson, Subban

How do you rank them long term points only?

I think I've got it:

Karlsson
    Subban
    Edler

I would like further opinions though.

Thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Ace

Tough because they're so close to each other IMO.

Karlsson has the highest upside but is on the worst team. Subban has that "IT" factor and seems like he'll develop into a great player. Edler is the surest and most stable of the bunch.

In their "perfect" seasons, I see their upside as Karlsson 70, Subban 65, Edler 60 but if I rank them on say average points over the next few years, I'd go

Edler... Barring freak injury, he should be good for about 55 for the next few years playing on the top Vancouver PP unit and with the twins.

Subban... Looks like he'll progress even more next yr and should get to 45-50 for the next few as he gets more confident on a solid Montreal team.

Karlsson... He can definitely get to 50 but I think 45 is more likely for at least a couple of years. I think Ottawa is in rough shape and will rebuild properly, meaning lots of change and new system implemented. Could take a little time to reach his full potential.

Cheers....
    11 team Keeper League (14 out of 30) Salary cap of 90.72 million$, actual salary.
    Cats...Pts (1G, 1A), +/- and PIMs divided by 10

C.. Malkin Getzlaf Stepan Kadri
    RW.. Kessel Marchand Brunner Silfverberg
    LW.. Parise Vanek Jagr C.Wilson
    D.. Shattenkirk Karlsson Yandle Visnovsky Rielly R.Murray
    G..Rask, Schneider

Bench (paid)... Johansen, Kassian, Belov, Josi, Lehner, Paajarvi
    Unsigned... Campbell, Pouliot, Gustaffson, Frolik

Dobber Sports Genius

If you are looking at the very long term, I hasically agree with your rankings TML, but in a shorter window, I think jayz16 nailed this one.

Don't underestimate Edler, who may not have the high end skill level of a Karlsson, but is a fine offensive (and defensive) blueliner, but will play on a much better team for quite a while.

In the end, I still think I would go Karlsson over Edler {and Subban) in a pts only keeper, but it iss very close and all of these blueliners will be in the top 10% of scoring defensman foe the next 10+ years.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thumbs up to jayz16. I agree 100% with him.

Don't think too far ahead, and thinking only 2-3 seasons ahead means Karlsson's value is somewhat hurt by Ottawa's probable rebuilding mode.

14 Teams, PTS Only, Salary, Full Keep, Start 2G 6D 3C 3LW 3RW
    G- Gustafsson, Korpisalo, Woll
    D- Burns, Forsling, Brannstrom, Peru, Liljgren, Addison, ?, POJoseph, Jiricek
    C- Barkov, Eichel, Larkin, Nelson, Rossi
    LW- Marchessault, Zucc, Hagel, ?, Holtz
    RW- Terry, Tarasenko, Pavelski, Kakko, Brink

18 teams, PTS Only, Top G, Top4 D, Top10 F, Full Keep with a twist
    G- Shest, Luukkanen
    D- Seider Dunn Hedman Pionk Brannstrom Peru
    F- Scheifele Reinhart JT Miller Hyman Malkin Lindholm Zucc Giroux Marchmant Hartman Bjorkstrand Krebs T Raddysh Jeannot Brink Poulin Perreault Cristall