Thread: Heatley+++ for Datsyuk++

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Heatley+++ for Datsyuk++

Since I was wisely dissuaded from moving Ovi in a previous thread, here's the current proposal I'm mulling over to land Datsyuk.

Send: Heatley, Statsny, Alfredsson, N. Backstrom
    Receive: Datsyuk, Yandle, MA Fleury

Too much/little? Gives me an upgrade at C, D and G and I think I can afford to lose Heatley as long as Selanne and Hejduk stay healthy (a big if...). I'd pick up Okposo with the extra roster spot.

My reservations are that Backstrom has played lights out since he came back from his injury and Statsny should turn it around very soon as Stewart continues to get back into the swing of things. Alfredsson is more or less a throw-in at this point and Heatley I have little faith in on a shitty Sharks team. Datsyuk is also an injury risk, but I figure he already missed his alloted batch of games this year.
    1 Year 18 Team H2H Category Wins (Daily Starts)

G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, GWG, BK, Hits, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4D, 1 Util, 2 G (5 B)

C: Getzlaf, Kesler, Mackinnon
    LW: Benn, Hartnell, N. Foligno, T. Ruutu (C)
    RW: Clarkson, Clutterbuck, Bennett
    D: Karlsson, Phaneuf, Giordano, Faulk, Meszaros
    G: Lunqvist, Ramo, Khudobin

The Wolverine

I think you're giving a lot, and selling low on Stastny. Perhaps 3 for 2 and take out Stastny and Yandle all together. Your main goal is to land Datsyuk, but by including Yandle (whom you don't really need), you will have to pay more due to his very high current value. Also, would this manager want to give up Yandle?

That being said, depends if Datsyuk is a C or LW on the other manager's team, so a C return might be necessary.

But the current deal is too much to give for not as much of an upgrade. And if Okposo is on FA, why would he want Alfredsson when he is struggling? That's just a throw in.

The other thing to keep in mind is that there are less than 30 games remaining, so really how much of an upgrade will Datsyuk be over Heatley?

Anyway, a bit of a ramble but it's what has come to my mind at first glance.

Dobber Sports Giant

dont sell heatly or statsny short. yandles value to the other manager is probly very high, so like it was mentioned, dont bother with him, you dont need him.
    you seem to be over paying anyways. i wouldnt do it.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Initiate

who doesn't "need" a 60+point defenseman??

Just sayin

SK

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Definitely all valid points.

Datsyuk only has C status in the league, and I wanted to land him to have him and Zetterberg. When Detroit scores, these guys just rake in the points together. So any deal would pretty much have to send a C the other way.

I traded Nash + Turco for Heatley at the start of the year when Turco was the #1 and while it was a good move, Heatley has not performed the way I expected him to at all.

What's a reasonable offer for just Datsyuk then? The other GM is pretty weak on D, and really didn't want to move Yandle when we were discussing things, as folks above pointed out he would be. Here's his team:

C: Datsyuk, Backstrom, Weiss, Laich (LW),
    LW:Neal, E. Kane, Umberger (C), J. Jokinen
    RW:Gaborik, Doan, Hossa
    D: Yandle, J. Johnson, Subban, Carle
    G: Fleury, Quick, Varlamov
    1 Year 18 Team H2H Category Wins (Daily Starts)

G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, GWG, BK, Hits, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4D, 1 Util, 2 G (5 B)

C: Getzlaf, Kesler, Mackinnon
    LW: Benn, Hartnell, N. Foligno, T. Ruutu (C)
    RW: Clarkson, Clutterbuck, Bennett
    D: Karlsson, Phaneuf, Giordano, Faulk, Meszaros
    G: Lunqvist, Ramo, Khudobin