Thread: Hey Dobber. Previous Ace Calls.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Hey Dobber. Previous Ace Calls.

[So everyone knows, i am not calling anyone out]

Since this is my first year on the site, I was wondering if you have had any \"Rads\" type players you loved in the past that have really come into fruition. I did try to look at your top 250 from a few years back. I may have overlooked a few things, but I did not really see anyone that seemed really high on the list compared to their production @ the time that is really wicked right now.
    2010-2011 Team Try Hard League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Pirate League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Elite League Champion

I'm the best! Dutch is the Worst.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Hee hee - this one is going to take some defining. Fair enough questions though. Kickerz where do you find the archives? I\'m looking but not seeing.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Shoeless -- Dobber posted it under \"Dobber\'s takes\". I think this link should take you there...

I...am your father.

I just took a quick look at my list of grads from my prospect list...I\'ll try and leave out the obvious success stories that were easy calls (such as Malkin), or that turned out poorly (such as Hilber, who graduated at 39th:

Kopitar was 6th when he graduated. I had him hyped prior to his rookie debut.
    Perry was 2nd, Getzlaf 12th.
    Paul Stastny was 41st when he graduated, and I trumpeted him in the summer and even moreso in training camp last year. He went under the radar in all hockey mags and websites, but I kept pushing him to you guys and was thanked by many for digging him up.

I\'m looking up some older rankings lists and have found the following:

Prior to the lockout, Briere\'s career high was 65 points. I had him ranked 37th in May of 2004 based on his 95-point potential.

Mike Ribeiro was 44th that month.

Coming off a career-high 48-point season, Alexander Frolov was ranked 64th

Martin Erat was 82 that month.

In my list from January of 2006, Andrew Cogliano debuted at 215th.

Just looking quickly...and Rads will pay off huge soon enough. He\'s only 21.
    B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Dobber wrote:
    Paul Stastny was 41st when he graduated, and I trumpeted him in the summer and even moreso in training camp last year. He went under the radar in all hockey mags and websites, but I kept pushing him to you guys and was thanked by many for digging him up.
    This is the one that got me. You were so confident in this guy and I needed a cheap player in my salary cap pool last year. I\'d say he\'s worked out pretty well so far!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

Very interesting. Thank you.
    2010-2011 Team Try Hard League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Pirate League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Elite League Champion

I'm the best! Dutch is the Worst.