Thread: Backstrom(MIN) for Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Backstrom(MIN) for Lehtonen

Is this a good trade for me this year and the next 3 years? I would be getting Lehtonen.
    12 GM Weekly H2H Points Based System Limited Keeper
    Start:6 FW, 4 D, 2 G
    +/- G=5pts A=3pts SOG=.2pt SHG=3pts Hattrick=5pts GA=-1pt S=.2pt SHOL=3pts SO=3pts W=10pts *Bonus point added to defenseman G or A

FW-Stamkos, Voracek, D.Sedin, H.Sedin, MacKinnon, Duchene
    D-Doughty, Carlson, Josi, Klingberg
    G-Rask, Price
    Bench-Henrique, Stastny, Yakupov, Zuccarello, Sekera, Gostisbehere, Beauchemin, Gustavsson, Condon, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy
    Keep 10(max 2 goalies)

Administrator

I really like this trade. Dallas is a much better team than Minnesota so in points only he has a lot more value. Backstrom is older and proving to be about as injury plagued as Lehtonen has been. Lehtonen on the other hand is finally proving he can stay healthy by getting himself into the best shape of his career.

There's some risk here but I think the risk is both ways. All things being equal in terms of talent and health, Lehtonen is in the way better situation.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Master

I have Backstrom in my pool, and would much rather have lethonen: a goalie with lots of upside playing on a great team. I'd pull the trigger on this.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The offer that is up right now is my Backstrom/Shattenkirk for his Lehtonen/Ballard.
    +/- G=5pts A=3pts SOG=.2pt SHG=3pts Hattrick=5pts GA=-1pt S=.2pt SHOL=3pts SO=3pts W=10pts *Bonus point added to defenseman G or A

G-Rask, Price
    Bench-Henrique, Stastny, Yakupov, Zuccarello, Sekera, Gostisbehere, Beauchemin, Gustavsson, Condon, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy
    Keep 10(max 2 goalies)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This deal is getting close to acceptance by the other GM.

Any other opinions?

G-Rask, Price
    Keep 10(max 2 goalies)

Dobber Sports Superstar

I like this deal for you. Backstrom is at the end of his rope IMO and I consider him a bigger injury risk than Lehtonen at this point.

Shattenkirk >> Ballard, but you're stacked at D much more than in goal and can take that hit.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He's trying to squeeze 20 auction draft points out of me too(we start each season off with 200 and they are tradable).

Hmmmm

G-Rask, Price
    Keep 10(max 2 goalies)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Hmm, indeed. I can't make a call there, put personally I'd be willing to stare him down at this point. I think it depends on if you think he's keeping Shattenkirk.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah, I don't understand that format either but from a purely negotiating standpoint it looks like he is trying to squeeze a little more juice out of the rind. I would stand on the two for two trade. Play up Shatts being the upgrade he is going to get as part of this deal, nothing more to give.

Let us know how it goes.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Hmm, indeed. I can't make a call there, put personally I'd be willing to stare him down at this point. I think it depends on if you think he's keeping Shattenkirk.
    Yup...it's come down to the stare down

G-Rask, Price
    Keep 10(max 2 goalies)

Administrator

Honestly, I'd just roll the dice on Backstrom and Minnesota with him being competitive down the stretch if it's going to cost you Shattenkirk as well.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Honestly, I'd just roll the dice on Backstrom and Minnesota with him being competitive down the stretch if it's going to cost you Shattenkirk as well.
    I'm guessing he's not planning to keep Shattenkirk, MD. Looking at his team, he'd be borderline. I'd expect he'd pick between Carlson and Shattenkirk. I'd rather have Lehtonen/Carlson than Backstrom/Shattenkirk in a keeper.

RETIRED

Administrator

Maybe not but Shattenkirk can still kick some ass for him down the stretch.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ya I am thinking this is too much for another injury prone (headache) goalie. Maybe I should shop around for a more solid goalie.

G-Rask, Price
    Keep 10(max 2 goalies)