Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "The Ranger" - Guardian

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    What would be their powers? Washing dishes? Doing laundry?

Kidding of course, for any women that read that.
    as villains they use their powers of seduction to make you turn over the remote so they can watch the bachelor instead of the game.

10 team - points only - 6F - 4D - 2G (2 pts W, 2pts SHO) - 3 bench - 2 IR
    F - stamkos, stastny, c stewart, b richards, m koivu, briere, o jokinen
    D - green, ma bergeron, wisniewski, subban, zidlicky
    G - bryzgalov, vokoun, brodeur

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jtaps View Post
    as villains they use their powers of seduction to make you turn over the remote so they can watch the bachelor instead of the game.
    Damn women.

Dobber Sports Stud

I can't see a men's hockey league using female villains. Just wouldn't make sense. And that's not sexist or anything, it's just a men's league.

I agree on the shield - would have preferred a more traditional round one with the Rangers logo filling it in. But oh well. A lot of these have their quirks.
    16-team H2H Dynasty
    G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

3C - Roy, Berglund, Horcoff, Gerbe, Adam,
    3LW - Sedin, Comeau, Dubinsky, Comeau, Foligno
    3RW - Hemsky, Grabner, Hudler, Boyes
    6D - Boyle, Shattenkirk, McBain, Gilbert, Demers, Russell, Coburn, Spurgeon
    IR - Crosby, Regin, McDonald
    1G - Ward, Dubnyk, Elliot

Farm:

C - Bjugstad, Perreault
    LW - Bowman, Bartschi
    RW - Machacek, Repik, Noesen, Ritchie, Catenacci
    D - Gustafsson, Klefbom
    G - Bachman, Greiss, Karlsson, Lindback

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jtaps View Post
    maybe all the villains will be female.
    Thought this was supposed to be fiction and not real life?!
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Wizard

@broadwayblue the NHL is not a mens league. Both men and women can and have played pro hockey in the NHL

Does anyone know who the artist for these Guardians is?

Not a fan of this Ranger, but then again I was never a fan of Cap America either so makes sense.

No leaks on who the villains will be yet?
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 93213 View Post
    @broadwayblue the NHL is not a mens league. Both men and women can and have played pro hockey in the NHL

Does anyone know who the artist for these Guardians is?

Not a fan of this Ranger, but then again I was never a fan of Cap America either so makes sense.

No leaks on who the villains will be yet?
    C'mon man. It's a men's league. ONE woman has ever played in the NHL, in an exhibition game. Doesn't count at all.
    Last edited by Big Ev; January 28, 2011 at 10:56 AM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Exactly - I wasn't trying to come across as sexist or anything but the NHL right now is a men's league. Imagine if there were a "wonder woman" representing one of the clubs. Which club?
    16-team H2H Dynasty
    G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

3C - Roy, Berglund, Horcoff, Gerbe, Adam,
    3LW - Sedin, Comeau, Dubinsky, Comeau, Foligno
    3RW - Hemsky, Grabner, Hudler, Boyes
    6D - Boyle, Shattenkirk, McBain, Gilbert, Demers, Russell, Coburn, Spurgeon
    IR - Crosby, Regin, McDonald
    1G - Ward, Dubnyk, Elliot

Farm:

C - Bjugstad, Perreault
    LW - Bowman, Bartschi
    RW - Machacek, Repik, Noesen, Ritchie, Catenacci
    D - Gustafsson, Klefbom
    G - Bachman, Greiss, Karlsson, Lindback

Dobber Sports Wizard

Hey now! I was just pointing it out! I think it's the only pro co ed league in the world, but I could be wrong.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    C'mon man. It's a men's league. ONE woman has ever played in the NHL, in an exhibition game. Doesn't count at all.
    I understand that the first concept submitted as the Anaheim Guardian was supposed to be a female heroine.

She posessed the power to sabotage the Oilers Guardian, and was based upon Chris Prongers wife.

But the plans were scrapped when it became apparent that Sheldon Souray already had that power.
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer Fan View Post
    I understand that the first concept submitted as the Anaheim Guardian was supposed to be a female heroine.

She posessed the power to sabotage the Oilers Guardian, and was based upon Chris Prongers wife.

But the plans were scrapped when it became apparent that Sheldon Souray already had that power.
    HAHAHA! Nice!

I'm just saying that I don't think anyone should feel emasculated if their teams' Guardian were a woman. Isn't that the ideal we should be striving for. Obviously based on most of the reactions what I've proposed sounds unreasonable to you guys but would you really object to the idea?

I mean if the Leafs can have a potentially non-gendered tree as their Guardian I don't see why it would be such a huge deal to have some other teams with female Guardians. Ask yourself whether or not it really matters to you the gender of your team's guardian. Now ask yourself whether or not it would reach more people if some of the guardians were female. Personally, I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if the Oiler guardian was a woman and I see the potential to reach a broader audience if she was.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    HAHAHA! Nice!

I'm just saying that I don't think anyone should feel emasculated if their teams' Guardian were a woman. Isn't that the ideal we should be striving for. Obviously based on most of the reactions what I've proposed sounds unreasonable to you guys but would you really object to the idea?

I mean if the Leafs can have a potentially non-gendered tree as their Guardian I don't see why it would be such a huge deal to have some other teams with female Guardians. Ask yourself whether or not it really matters to you the gender of your team's guardian. Now ask yourself whether or not it would reach more people if some of the guardians were female. Personally, I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if the Oiler guardian was a woman and I see the potential to reach a broader audience if she was.
    I agree with you. I mean if the whole point of the project is to appeal to kids, and grow new fans, what sense does it make to overlook one half of that potential market? A female guardian that little girls could find easier to identify with and embrace would have been a good marketing move.
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by broadwayblue94 View Post
    I can't see a men's hockey league using female villains.
    Yet.....having a men's league promoted by cartoon characters is ok??

I'm seriously struggling with thiis whole cartoon thing......it seems sooooo WWF or WWE or whatever its called right now....

I just can't get the vibe all you guys are getting about it being so good....
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Yet.....having a men's league promoted by cartoon characters is ok??

I'm seriously struggling with thiis whole cartoon thing......it seems sooooo WWF or WWE or whatever its called right now....

I just can't get the vibe all you guys are getting about it being so good....
    Here's the thing. You're an established fan, so it really doesn't matter all that much if you are into it. The NHL already has your attention. They're going after other people. If some of us geeks are into it then the more the merrier but they are trying to go the extra mile and basically do anything they can to market their product. Yeah it's a little Mickey Mouse but you know who friggin loves Mickey Mouse? Kids. That's the main goal here.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Here's the thing. You're an established fan, so it really doesn't matter all that much if you are into it. The NHL already has your attention. They're going after other people. If some of us geeks are into it then the more the merrier but they are trying to go the extra mile and basically do anything they can to market their product. Yeah it's a little Mickey Mouse but you know who friggin loves Mickey Mouse? Kids. That's the main goal here.
    Don't misunderstand my post for anything more than a comment. I wasn't trashing anyone's hobbies, past, present, or future. My hockey pools aren't exactly a grown man's thing in a lot of people's beliefs either....

I was just commenting that I am having a hard time embracing it.

Cheers Metaldude.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Don't misunderstand my post for anything more than a comment. I wasn't trashing anyone's hobbies, past, present, or future. My hockey pools aren't exactly a grown man's thing in a lot of people's beliefs either....

I was just commenting that I am having a hard time embracing it.

Cheers Metaldude.
    Yeah, I get that. I'm just trying to say if it isn't for you then don't worry about it. Tampon commercials aren't exactly directed at you either so maybe just endure this project with the same smirk on your face as you have when Tampax unveils their latest marketing campaign.