Thread: JJ vs. Carlson vs. Shattenkirk

Dobber Sports Novice

Default JJ vs. Carlson vs. Shattenkirk

I'm in a position to challenge to winnings this year, but as for the off-season, I can only keep one of the listed defensemen.

Can anyone help me with their projections for NEXT season and who should I trade off to get something in return?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Veteran

Next year projection:

Carlson: 38-45
    Shattenkirk: 40-47
    JJohnson: 50-55

Without your team and league details it's difficult to give you the right advise.

If you need a goalie or a forward more than a D, shop JJohnson and see what you can get for him. If not, keep him. He will help you to challenge again for the 1st place next year more than Shattenkirk and Carlson.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Genius

I shouldn't have to stte the obvious on this one but Jack Johnson is not a 60 point pace scorer and even less so with Doughty in LA so I would sell high on someone who thinks he is...I see Johnson as a hgih 40's scorer with good peripherals as his actual value. Carlson I make no case for or against as I need to see him play more, Shattenkirk i'm very high on and that's a good projection but would expect him to be more towars the 47 end of it..I think 45 is what can be realistically expected, but can always go well beyond that in his situation in COL and with his talent

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MT319 View Post
    I shouldn't have to stte the obvious on this one but Jack Johnson is not a 60 point pace scorer and even less so with Doughty in LA so I would sell high on someone who thinks he is...I see Johnson as a hgih 40's scorer with good peripherals as his actual value. Carlson I make no case for or against as I need to see him play more, Shattenkirk i'm very high on and that's a good projection but would expect him to be more towars the 47 end of it..I think 45 is what can be realistically expected, but can always go well beyond that in his situation in COL and with his talent
    I agree with you about selling high on JJohnson. But in the same time if you have a team to challenge now for the 1st place I think JJohnson will give you more consistency. A young D like Shattenkirk could have a 45-50 season next year. But he could also see some time in the AHL like Del Zotto. I don't want to compare him with Del Zotto because Shattenkirk is a more complete D but you get the point!

It's why with more details on his team, we can give him better advice. If he does'nt need JJohnson production now, wait for Shattenkirk or Carlson and sell high on JJohnson.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2