Thread: Neuvirth for Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Neuvirth for Bobrovsky

1-year league, head-to-head
    goalie stats we use are W, SVP, GAA, SO
    We have daily roster changes, and we must have at least 3 goalie starts per week.

my current goalies are:
    Varlamov
    Bobrovsky
    S. Mason

I'm pushing for a playoff spot, and would like to have some sort of security with my goaltending situation.

I was offered Neuvirth for Bobrovsky. I'm pretty sure I will go ahead with it, but was looking for some insight on some pros and cons of this deal. In my opinion, Bobrovsky is the better goalie, but goalie security would be a nice to have for once this season.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Horrible deal IMO Bob's is currently playing his way back into the #1 role and I think that once he is there that he is to stay becuase I doubt they play with his confidence again the kid is far to valuable to the teams future whereas Neuvrith is part of what is becoming a 3 headed monster in WSH I would stear clear of all the goalies in a one year. Your man is Bobrovsky

EDIT: I will never NEVER trust Mason ever offer him for Neuvy if you like!

Dobber Sports Rookie

I feel as though once he is back from injury, Holtby will no longer be in the picture for this season. And the combo of Varlamov and Neuvirth might be safer than Varlamov and Bob.

I understand that Bob is starting to get a few more starts again, but back in October i also could have sworn that he had the starter's position on lock, and that never happened. This is the reason that I feel that my goaltending is that much more unstable than it could be if I were to acquire both Caps goalies.

Also, S.mason is terrible in a 1-year especially, and i don't trust him at all.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Varly was getting the majority of starts and yes Holtby will likley be demoted. I would still rather keep Bobs IMO

Dobber Sports Newbie

I'd decline that deal IMHO.

I had Neuvirth in my league and traded him for less than Bob.

I was happy to be rid of him too. Buyer beware... Well, trader beware in this case.