Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27 67 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1177

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Philadelphia Flyers

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Yep, Flyers got a potential superstar. I don't get how teams like Arizona passed on him. It's not like you'll be contending (SJ) anytime soon. He just fell in Briere's lap.
    You cant tell me the Coyotes were nervous about the Russian factor because they drafted two in the first 12 picks; just not the right one.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You cant tell me the Coyotes were nervous about the Russian factor because they drafted two in the first 12 picks; just not the right one.
    No, I can't but maybe just maybe they didn't draft the best one.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Yep, Flyers got a potential superstar. I don't get how teams like Arizona passed on him. It's not like you'll be contending (SJ) anytime soon. He just fell in Briere's lap.
    I am pumped that he fell into Briere's lap.

I was just thinking if Arizona management is tired of having superstar players come and then demand out.

That is the only way I can explain that Arizona took Simashev and But way earlier than I expected.

They are teammates and friends by the sounds of things. Maybe they are hoping to play the 'Moneyball' strategy and not go for the best players... but go for the best players that they can convince to stay for long term.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Flyers draft a goalie in the 2nd and 3rd round. Interesting approach by Briere.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Flyers draft a goalie in the 2nd and 3rd round. Interesting approach by Briere.
    Considering some of the Flyers "prospect" goalies are older than their current starter, it does make some sense.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Considering some of the Flyers "prospect" goalies are older than their current starter, it does make some sense.
    Patient approach. Make sure they have a starting goalie when Michkov is able to come to Philly to play.

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Patient approach. Make sure they have a starting goalie when Michkov is able to come to Philly to play.
    Michkov will be there long before any of the goalies drafted today will be.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Askarov apparently is available.

Dobber Sports Jedi

It's possible, Mischkov just told Arz. he'll stay in Russia if they drafted him.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    It's possible, Mischkov just told Arz. he'll stay in Russia if they drafted him.
    Never really gave that a thought to be honest. It's not out of the question this went down. We rarely get the sneak peek behind the curtain.

That being said, nothing says they don't draft him and trade him as his KHL gets closer to expiring in 3 years time.

Arizona is a special kind of tire fire team, though. I'd suspect that he might not have said that to other teams that don't play in college barns.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    We rarely get the sneak peek behind the curtain.
    Would that be the... *clears throat* Iron Curtain?
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Legend

Frank Seravalli said today on Nasty Knuckles Podcast that the Flyers CAN buyout Michkov's contract. On draft day Michkov was asked when he thinks he'll be playing in the NHL and he said, "very soon." They asked Briere the same question and he said, "I'd like to know that as well." I think this guy is coming over by next year.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/FlyersNation/sta...VChxFKkWw&s=19

Russia’s Match TV (info from @HockeyNewsHub) says CSKA Moscow will announce a two year contract with Ivan Fedotov in the next couple days.

Fedotov officially completed his military service and is relaxing in Dubai right now.

He will be 28 years old in two years. #Flyers

Looks like Fedotov isn't coming over, so the Flyers can forget about him as a "prospect".