Page 54 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Philadelphia Flyers

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    i did see the goal, and it was very impressive. i see he has potential, but i'm somewhat trepidacious (is that a word?) to keep a player based on nifty moves (re:Tomas Hertl a couple yrs ago).
    I know what you're saying about Hertl but that was mostly due to his 4 goal game. Konecny has been making great plays for months now so I'd be far less worried about him.

Looking at your roster he can easily be one of your 20 keepers.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Beauty team!! Was it hard breaking up the "Legion of Doom" line?? Lindros should be #1 center though!!

Pronger was a beast, just didn't play enough for the Flyers to crack the top 6!!
    1. I didn't break up the Legion of Doom line. 2 of them are there, the 3rd (Renberg) simply wasn't good enough long enough, they also had some other wingers combined with LeClair & Lindros. The only full line that is there is the LCB line, and it's listed #1. That's due to being the first set of stars the Flyers had, having 2 of the top 5 Flyers of all time, and winning more awards.

Lindros as the Flyers #1 center all time is completely and totally indefensible. He's not Clarke, less MVP's, less Cups, less scoring, less of basically everything, and Lindros played in a higher scoring era. Heck, Lindros wasn't even the best player in the trade that brought Lindros to Philly - that would be Forsberg.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

i did see the goal, and it was very impressive. i see he has potential, but i'm somewhat trepidacious (is that a word?) to keep a player based on nifty moves (re:Tomas Hertl a couple yrs ago).
    1. It's normally spelled "trepidatious", but it's a word, and that's an alternate spelling.

2. I look at that move and use that as part of the eye test to help go with the numbers. He's young, producing, and has skill.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    1. It's normally spelled "trepidatious", but it's a word, and that's an alternate spelling.

2. I look at that move and use that as part of the eye test to help go with the numbers. He's young, producing, and has skill.
    And confidence... to pull of that move it takes a bit of confidence.

If Crosby made that move they would be talking about how he has skill like none-other (just like the move where he batted it to himself)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

is Konecny primarily a Winger (L/R)? in ESPN he's listed as all three fwd pos eligible with C being listed first which is generally a sign that thats his primary position. However playing with Giroux who is also primarily a C, tells me that Konecnys position is likely a W.

this is quite a difference maker for me as i have 5 C only players that id like to keep...so if Konecny is a W then he makes my keeprs list ahead of Bratt, Kase and HoSang and maybe Domi
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

is Konecny primarily a Winger (L/R)? in ESPN he's listed as all three fwd pos eligible with C being listed first which is generally a sign that thats his primary position. However playing with Giroux who is also primarily a C, tells me that Konecnys position is likely a W.

this is quite a difference maker for me as i have 5 C only players that id like to keep...so if Konecny is a W then he makes my keeprs list ahead of Bratt, Kase and HoSang and maybe Domi
    His primary position is C... but he has played W all year.. and i think will continue to do so.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Three games remaining... and 3 points guarantees us a spot...

Islanders
    Hurricanes
    Rangers

The Flyers have control of there own playoff lives... please take advantage of it and get the 3 points! Don't leave it up to the final sunday of the season and need the Bruins to win.

​​

Dobber Sports Wizard

I see Konecny staying at wing. Giroux has been playing left wing this entire season - it's Couturier playing center on their line. Konecny on right wing.

However, ESPN could end up making him a defenseman considering it's ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I see Konecny staying at wing. Giroux has been playing left wing this entire season - it's Couturier playing center on their line. Konecny on right wing.

However, ESPN could end up making him a defenseman considering it's ESPN.
    Yes, ESPN will take everything away but C this summer.. even though he hasn't played C all year... good ol' ESPN haha

​​

Dobber Sports Genius

Even though Konecny was drafted as a C he’s always projected as a winger at this level as far as I remember. Heck, he’s only taken 14 FOs all season, he’s solidly fixed in the wing position.

W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Even though Konecny was drafted as a C he’s always projected as a winger at this level as far as I remember. Heck, he’s only taken 14 FOs all season, he’s solidly fixed in the wing position.
    Yup i agree 100% for the Flyers and the NHL and all things that matter....

Except ESPN is not smart enough to figure it out and will take the position he was drafted as as precedent forever haha

​​

Well, a perfect Tuesday for the Flyers playoff chances - perfectly bad. Every result was bad. They got no points, everyone else won. Still in, but now in the last wild card spot.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Yup i agree 100% for the Flyers and the NHL and all things that matter....

Except ESPN is not smart enough to figure it out and will take the position he was drafted as as precedent forever haha
    Gotta say, sure glad I don’t use their system. Everyone over to Fantrax!!! Or at least Yahoo! or whatever ISN’t ESPN.

W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Well, a perfect Tuesday for the Flyers playoff chances - perfectly bad. Every result was bad. They got no points, everyone else won. Still in, but now in the last wild card spot.
    Yup that hurt big time!! They are still in control of their playoff chances... they do not need help from anyone else... yet!! But if the Bruins want to help them and beat Florida that would be a huge boost....

The only saving grace from last night was Tampa beat Boston, so they are tied in points right now. So that means Boston will play hard against Florida to try and win the division so they don't get Toronto.

I was thinking that Boston could have rested guys as to let Florida sneak into the playoffs and one of the better teams... Philly or New Jersey fall out and that Boston would get a better first round opponent... but the race between Tampa and Boston is too close that Boston cannot afford to do this or they will fall down. Tampa has the ROW right now.

​​

Elliot in the starter's crease tonight.... interesting.... big time risk/reward decision to be made!

Elliot getting two games before the playoffs would be huge...

However starting a goalie that has been injured for a while in a huge game for the flyers... risky!

​​