Page 53 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3 43 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Philadelphia Flyers

Flyers goalie update:

Neuvirth did indeed get activated right on the expected time frame to start 3/28 versus Colorado. Lyon was loaned to Lehigh Valley of the AHL.

However, Neuvirth got hurt in the game, so Mrazek had to step in and finish. The radio guys thought Neuvirth was merely stretching at one point, then they realized Mrazek was in. Likely lower body.

Lyon had not yet reported to Lehigh Valley, as he was in the arena in Colorado, and will of course head back to town with the Flyers, as Philly is very close to the AHL affiliate, just not as close as it used to be across the parking lot in the Spectrum. So we have absolutely no clarity other than Mrazek is ahead of Lyon in hte Flyers pecking order, which isn't surprising.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Nervous times to be a Flyers fan! Would love to get the young guys playoff experience.
    We really need to get into the playoffs so the kids can learn what it is like. Provorov, Konecny, Lindblom, Patrick, Sanheim, Manning.... Realistically, I dont think we have the team to make a good run at the Cup, but I would love for those guys to see a couple rounds of playoffs. Building playoff experience is a must and losing in the playoffs will be an excellent lesson for them.

Dobber Sports Master

On a side note... fellow Flyer fans. My signature has not changed for a long time. Giroux recently became 5th all time scoring for the Flyers. Is there an argument for promotion yet? G has played more games and scored more point than Kerr now. He's not really a LW tho. Whaddya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    On a side note... fellow Flyer fans. My signature has not changed for a long time. Giroux recently became 5th all time scoring for the Flyers. Is there an argument for promotion yet? G has played more games and scored more point than Kerr now. He's not really a LW tho. Whaddya think?
    There's plenty of room for argument. Although you've got to do what you wish. It's one reason why it's often better to run a deeper all-time team, so you don't have these issues.

I also don't think career scoring really works that well as a sole measure, and it's clearly not what you are using. I say that, because if I were to put together a Flyers all-time team with 4 lines, 3 defense pairs, and 2 goalies, Pronger wouldn't be on it. 3 years isn't enough time to be an all-timer for a franchise with 50 years, barring some kind of Ashbee-like tragic thing happening.

I use the various sports-reference sites as a guide to getting info on players, and they have some franchise value rankings, I'll copy the Flyers franchise page here for you: https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/PHI/

I know I hold some minority views on all-time Flyers greats, including the thing that gets many friends a bit riled: Parent over Clarke.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

I agree about Pronger being questionable. I just remember him lifting us so much during that one playoff season. Probably made me partial to him. Pronger has to be on the top 3 defense pairs though. Seriously. He was such a monster. Same as Primeau and Forsberg. Such awesome players who literally carried the team on their shouders. Love those guys.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post

Man, that is a tough decision. Kerr also played in a generation when scoring was a lot higher all around.. so Giroux having more points then him means even more. And Hakstol made the decision to put him on the wing, so you could make the same decision for your team.

However.. when dealing with a huge decision like that... I would suggest waiting until retirement. Its like reading a biography before someone is done playing. Let's take Josh Hamilton's biography... I read that while he was still playing... and well we know where that story has turned..

And our old buddy Mike Richards, we know how his story turned as well.... what if Giroux signs with the Penguins and finished his career out there or something worse... then what do you do with your dream team?

Oh and we had a huge night last night... we won... and Florida lost in regulation!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Man, that is a tough decision. Kerr also played in a generation when scoring was a lot higher all around.. so Giroux having more points then him means even more. And Hakstol made the decision to put him on the wing, so you could make the same decision for your team.

However.. when dealing with a huge decision like that... I would suggest waiting until retirement. Its like reading a biography before someone is done playing. Let's take Josh Hamilton's biography... I read that while he was still playing... and well we know where that story has turned..

And our old buddy Mike Richards, we know how his story turned as well.... what if Giroux signs with the Penguins and finished his career out there or something worse... then what do you do with your dream team?

Oh and we had a huge night last night... we won... and Florida lost in regulation!
    I don't think Giroux going elsewhere matters that much to his Flyers legacy. He's played what is almost certain to the the bulk of his career in Philly, and his entire career so far from rookiedom to prime. For somebody to really drop out of something like that means there have to be more folks coming along who surpass them, or they have to do something to really question what they did ( like a Lance Armstrong), or be generally awful enough as a person that they do something that you need to remove them.

So who would be the top Flyers of all time?? Could you guys list: 4 lines, 6 D, and 2 goalies..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    So who would be the top Flyers of all time?? Could you guys list: 4 lines, 6 D, and 2 goalies..

This could almost be tougher but I like it. I can't wait for atomic to list.

Here's mine. I set a minimum of 200 games played. This eliminates guys who played relatively little for the Flyers, but were long time players elsewhere, yet it's only 4 realtively healthy seasons.

I tried to keep the players in order mostly by era, although I did set the the 4th line up as a defenisve shutdown line that spans eras a bit, Poulin is the on out of order there.

G: Bernie Parent, Ron Hextall (I'd be shocked if any lists deviated from this duo)

D: Ed Van Impe, Jimmy Watson, Joe Watson, Mark Howe, Eric Desjardins, Kimmo Timmonen

F:
    Bill Barber, Bobby Clarke, Reggie Leach
    Brian Propp, Rick MacLeish, Tim Kerr
    John LeClair, Eric Lindros, Mark Recchi
    Simon Gagne, Dave Poulin, Claude Giroux

Honorable mention forwards:
    Danny Briere, Jeff Carter, Gary Dornhoefer, Paul Homgren, Mike Richards, Dave Schultz, Rick Tocchet

Honorable mention defensemen:
    Andre Dupont, Brad Marsh, Kjell Samuelsson

What could've been:
    Barry Ashbee, Pelle Lindbergh, Chris Pronger

Not quite there yet:
    Gostisbehere, Simmonds, Voracek (any of these 3 could crack the team soon, especially Gostsibehere)

Could get there, but requires more time & quality play:
    Couturier, Provorov

Big win today. Things are looking good. 3 winnable games left:

@ New York Islanders
    vs Carolina
    vs New York Rangers

Washington clinched today, so New Jersey's final game may be easier.
    Good news is Pittsburgh didn't gain, but they are @CLB, then vs OTT to finish. I'd expect they win at least 1 of those.
    Columbus has vs. DET, vs. PIT, @ NAS, which is pretty ugly.

3 seed is well within reach, but any playoff spot is good!

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    G: Bernie Parent, Ron Hextall (I'd be shocked if any lists deviated from this duo)

D: Ed Van Impe, Jimmy Watson, Joe Watson, Mark Howe, Eric Desjardins, Kimmo Timmonen

F:
    Bill Barber, Bobby Clarke, Reggie Leach
    Brian Propp, Rick MacLeish, Tim Kerr
    John LeClair, Eric Lindros, Mark Recchi
    Simon Gagne, Dave Poulin, Claude Giroux
    Beauty team!! Was it hard breaking up the "Legion of Doom" line?? Lindros should be #1 center though!!

Pronger was a beast, just didn't play enough for the Flyers to crack the top 6!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Icon

hey Flyer fans..whats your take on Konecny? what comparable to you see? im struggling with keeping him or not as my last guy...
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    hey Flyer fans..whats your take on Konecny? what comparable to you see? im struggling with keeping him or not as my last guy...

man did you see his goal yesterday... wow that was impressive.

As for a comparison... I really don't know... from what I have heard he was a really hard-working kid in junior and it appears to have continued onto the NHL stage....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

man did you see his goal yesterday... wow that was impressive.

As for a comparison... I really don't know... from what I have heard he was a really hard-working kid in junior and it appears to have continued onto the NHL stage....
    i did see the goal, and it was very impressive. i see he has potential, but i'm somewhat trepidacious (is that a word?) to keep a player based on nifty moves (re:Tomas Hertl a couple yrs ago).
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-