Page 15 of 79 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Master

Giroux scares me every time he touches the puck.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Veteran

Sure I drop Hartnell thinking that he is lost in the depth in Philly and now he's a top line guy with 3 points

Dobber Sports Veteran

The Flyers have sent Matt Walker back to the Phantoms, and have recalled Gustafsson and Rinaldo.

With Pronger out for the next two weeks are so, and the Flyers right up against the cap and unable to recall a seventh defenseman, there had already been some speculation that if another defenseman got dinged, the team might have to send Walker to the AHL(which they can do until nov. 4 without him having to clear waivers again), and recall two cheaper defenseman like Gustafsson(900K), Kessel(900k), or Bartulis(600k).

Instead it wound up being Schenn who got dinged blocking a shot by Subban the other nights, ...no confirmation from the team yet, but he's expected to be out less than two weeks.

Holmgren could have gone temporarily without a thirteenth forward, but Walker played horribly the other night, ...Laviolette clearly doesn't want him, gave him less than eight minutes of ice time, ...and Walker managed to contribute to two awful goals against in that time.

Surprisingly, it seems to be Walker's decision making and not his limited mobility that's been his biggest issue.

Assuming the Flyers opt to keep Couturier (as all signs indicate), they would have been in the untenable of being unable to recall a twenty third player if they ever had more than two people out of the lineup at one time, ...at least not without having to make use of the LTI, or subjecting a player to waivers.

What I'm saying is that the need for this particular move (demoting Walker) has been obvious for a long time, and for the sake of stability should have probably been made much earlier.

Holmgren was scouting the Red Wings BlueJackets game the other night, ...don't know what he'd be looking at other than the obvious shot at stealing a potential lottery pick from a potentially desperate GM who he already has a trading history with.

Hartnell? Bobrovsky? Both?

The Flyers would seemingly have a lot of players they could afford to part with that could conceivably help the Jackets depending on how Howser perceives the team's weaknesses, ...Hartnell and Bobrovsky stand out as the bigger obvious choices, ...but the Flyers also have two decent pending UFA defensemen in Coburn and Carle, and below that level, there's some fringe players that certainly wouldn't garner any type of return but could possibly help the Jackets plug a specific hole Howson feels he has, ....players like Nodl, and Leighton etc.

Waiting to see how it plays out, ...the potential's there right now for Columbus to do something unexpected, and of course with Holmgren the potential's always there.

In the meantime, Schenn was starting to look like he might be a fit with Briere, ...Simmonds seems to be gelling there too.

Read doesn't look nearly as good at center as he does on the wing.
    Couturier's getting time on the pk, but his limited even strength time leaves him saddled with Shelley and Nodl.

Hartnell seems to have gotten a big bump mentally being moved to Giroux's line, but JVR seems to be struggling a bit after being removed.

Voracek's the guy that's really not yet found a line he clicked with, ...but considering what the Flyers gave up to acquire him, he probably continues to get opportunities and ice time.
    Last edited by Flyer Fan; October 27, 2011 at 5:08 PM.
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Oops! I just finished postiing the above only to find out instantly that Schenn will out for 4-6 weeks with a broken foot and will be placed on the LTI list, ...so Walker will remain with the team afterall.

I'm surprised, because normally it takes at least an hour or so before every oponion I post proves to be completely wrong.

The good news is that it opens up some more ice time for Couturier and Read; the Flyers still get to take a look at Gustafsson, ...and we might get to take another look at Rinaldo in the lineup.

...The bad news is that the promise shown by the Schenn - Briere- Simmonds line is now on hold, ...and Laviolette's going to have to find another way to get Briere going. And also that once Schenn returns, they're going to be right back in the same cap bind they were in yesterday, ...although this does give Gustafsson a chance to prove to Holmgren that he's more valuable on the roster than Walker.

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Get Pronger out there fast...he can still block a shot or two w/his good eye.

Sheeeesh....wtf is up w/this Jets game??
    @SmittysRant

The Magnificent One

Wow what is going on in this game tonight?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Wow what is going on in this game tonight?
    I dunno, maybe I'm missing something, ...but I kinda thought spending 50 million dollars to upgrade the goaltending would sort of cut down on the number of 9-8 games I'd be watching this year.

Although after the recent rumbling about the lack of intensity by the team, ...it's good to see that they seem to be treating tonights tilt like it's a playoff game,

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer Fan View Post
    I dunno, maybe I'm missing something, ...but I kinda thought spending 50 million dollars to upgrade the goaltending would sort of cut down on the number of 9-8 games I'd be watching this year.
    They actually spent 50 million dollars on a lifesize cutout of their goaltenders. Apparently no team wanted Bryzgalov, as he snores on the plane
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Imagine being Ed Snider (just try).....after the five virgins wash you in your 5,000 gal. bath tub, bring you your poached ostrich eggs w/side of beluga caviar, during the eating of which you always read a freshly printed copy the Philadelphia Inquirer (while donning your velour track suit), and seeing the following headline:

FLYERS FALL TO JETS 9-8: $50 MILLION GOALIE ALLOWS 4 GOALS ON 10 SHOTS - CHASED FROM NET!!!

...and then the subsequent quote (actual):

Following the game, Bryzgalov admitted that he has "zero confidence" in his game and that he is "lost in the woods right now." Bryzgalov was also making reference to his poor effort on Wednesday against Montreal, when he allowed five goals. Not exactly reassuring comments for fantasy owners and the Flyers, who flipped the team upside down to sign him for nine years.
    @SmittysRant

Banned

From Fantrax:

Scott Hartnell has been on fire with new linemates Jaromir Jagr and Claude Giroux. He has collected four goals and five assists in the past four games, while the line as a whole has tallied 23 points (11 goals, 12 assists) and a plus-8 rating over that span.

Banned

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    I dont like them that much. I liked the ones from the Winter Classic last year. The new ones look like the almost clash with themselves. I think the black shoulders are awkward.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just heard that both Pronger and Coburn are scratches tonight with minor undisclosed injuries.

As a result, the Flyers have recalled both Marshall and Bourdon from the Phantoms and both will be in the lineup tonight.

Both Walker and Bartulis are playing better than Marshall and Bourdon (according to icetime anyway), but Walker's 1.7 can't be fit under the cap, and Bartulis @600k would have to first clear re-entry waivers and would likely be lost, leaving the Flyers with 300k of dead cap space, and much egg on various cap mismanaging faces.

With Flyers already without a seventh defenseman due to Gustafsson's surgery, the Flyers had to recall two defensemen, ...as a result Harry Z. has been temporarily demoted to Trenton of the ECHL (for logistical purposes, ...he actually has to physically report to the new team), and is expected to be immediately recalled to again serve as the team's 13th forward, and either Marshall or Bourdon demoted, once either Coburn or Pronger is ready to return.

Jagr's not expected to play tonight either, which puts Nodl in the lineup, and leaves the Flyers with no healthy scratches.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    I dont like them that much. I liked the ones from the Winter Classic last year. The new ones look like the almost clash with themselves. I think the black shoulders are awkward.
    Yeah, I have to agree with that.

I actually saw a few "leaked" jerseys that turned out to be hoaxes that looked a little nicer than these.

Dobber Sports Veteran

-The Flyers have removed Schenn from the LTI list, and have demoted him to the Phantoms, ...no cap or lineup consequences, just a chance to get Schenn some playing time.

-Coburn has been cleared to play tomorrow so Kevin Marshall was returned to the Phantoms as well.

-Jagr's been cleared to play as well, so someone will be bumped from the lineup, and the Flyers again have 13 healthy forwards available

-Pronger's been scratched from tomorrow night's game, Bourdon will play
    Last edited by Flyer Fan; November 22, 2011 at 7:47 PM.