Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Gripnrip13 View Post
    Still no word on the Flyers Final cuts,but here is an article with some decent analysis.

http://phillysportsdaily.com/flyers/...-final-roster/
    Not bad, considering it was written yesterday before the Flyers announced some of their moves. I could see Talbot and Read interchanging below, but I'd expect this to be the roster, since Bartulis and Betts have been waived.

Hartnell-Briere-Voracek
    JVR-Giroux-Jagr
    Read-Couturier-Simmonds
    Nodl-Talbot-Rinaldo
    Shelley

Pronger-Carle
    Timonen-Coburn
    Lilja-Meszaros

Bryzgalov - Bobrovsky
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Master

I think that Blair Betts is good value for 700k. I'd rather him on the team than Jody Shelley. He's got two girls names and has a cap hit of 1.1m for f*ck sakes.

Banned

where the hell are you guys? No comments tonight? I didn't catch the game tonight because I was wat5ching the Leafs-Habs snoozefest but it looked like a fun and hard-fought game and you gotta love it when your team can knock off the Stanley Cup champions in game 1! Saw the highlights though and if I didn't hate the Flyers I would be excited for you Nice chemistry between Jagr and Giroux (not surprising, very complimentary players), Bryz looked great too, even just watching the highlight reel he made some great saves...this has always been the Achilles Heel of the Flyers, with goaltending like this they've got all the pieces to win

Dobber Sports Star

Does Simmonds stay with Briere and Voracek? Top PP time too?

If so, hes coming off the wire!!
    Last edited by loco man; October 7, 2011 at 6:20 PM.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Master

Sorry, I've been on a celebratory drinking bender for the last 24 hours. Bryz appears to be exactly what we expected him to be. Giroux scored an awesome goal. He is incredible. Also Voracek scores in his first game as a Flyer. Good outcome and good outlook for us. Plus, it was good beating the Bruins at home when they were trying to celebrate. Good times so far.

Dobber Sports Star

Simmonds predictions?
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Ninja

Alright folks, I'm not panicking or anything (okay well maybe I am a little, but not enough to make me drop him like a sack of potatoes), but any insight as to why Hartnell has received 11:30 minutes of ice time in the first two games?

Now I know in real life, its widely acknowledged that Hartnell is a bit of a moron on the ice in terms of making smart plays, but he's always been incredibly valuable in fantasy hockey. Due to the fact that he's been considered to be a bit of a plug on the ice, I'm just wondering if its finally caught up to him.

Is Laviolette finally pulling the plug on Hartnell a bit?

Simply a matter of feeling things out early and it'll eventually round itself out?

Are they trying to keep things light for him right now because of the heart rate problem that occurred last week?

Had there not been so much talk from so many Flyers fans about how they would be ecstatic if they could get rid of Hartnell, I wouldn't even bother to ask...however, I was just wondering if I could get some insight from any of the Flyers Faithful.

Thanks!
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Stud

Simmonds has effectively replaced Hartnell on L2.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Don't panic on Hartnell yet,he is being played on line 3 with the 2 kids(Read and Couturier) to give them a Veteran presence.Still think Couturier will be going back to junior and Schenn called up,so he could go back to L2 after that.That is just my opinion though and not based on any thing official.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think its too early to tell. He has started on the 3rd line with Couturier and Read and hasnt really stood out. Thats not necessarily a bad thing cause usually when he stands out on the 3rd line its not for good reasons .

I would wait to see how things play out. Right now we can only speculate. Whether thats Laviolette wanting him to work harder and earn his spot back with Briere on the 2nd line or if he is seeing what the new guys can do. I think the 2nd line has some chemistry issues right now but that could just take some time to work out. As long as they are playing hard and winning i am not sure you will see to many changes. When that line has a bad game or fails to build any chemistry you could very well see Hartnell reunited with Briere on the second line and push Simmonds back to the 3rd line.

I would give it another look after the 10 game mark and see how things are playing out. By that time we will know if Schenn is back, Couturier is staying, and chemistry between some lines.
    UFHP - Y! 12 GMs - 23/8 pro/farm - keep 17 + all farm
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, FW; GS, W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Crosby, Little, Zetterberg, Rask
    LW: Foligno, Ehlers, Skinner, Hartnell, Jokinen, Ladd
    RW: Tarasenko, Kessel, Nash, Marner
    D: Keith, Karlsson, Klingberg, Werenski, Barrie, Manson
    G: Price, Murray, Andersen

Farm:
    C: Keller
    LW: Fiala, Heinen
    RW: Gurianov
    D: Sergachev, Beaulieu, Manning, Borowiecki
    G: Forsberg, Driedger

Dobber Sports Prodigy

thanks for the insights !

I drafted Hartnell this year as he had done me well in seasons past, but I'm very tempted to swap him for Simmonds.

Been watching Simmonds on LA and I'm happy to see him start the season so well even if it is on another team.
    Yahoo 1 yr Roto, 5 teams, 11/30 roster adds used
    [Starting positions: 3x C, 5x W, 5x D, 2x G, 2x IR, 5x BN]
    [G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, SH%, Hits, B/S, W, GAA, SV%, SO]

C: Crosby, Getzlaf, Toews, Johansen (C/W), Giroux (C/W), Hall (C/W), Cammalleri (C/W)
    W: Hartnell, Perry, Panarin
    D: Klingberg, Josi, Doughty, OEL, Girardi, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Anderson, Halak, Crawford

Go Kings !

Dobber Sports Master

Sean Couturier was 2nd in TOI for forwards against the Nucks. He played more minutes than Giroux, JVR and Jagr. He also played almost 7 and a half minutes on the penalty kill, got an assist and was a +1.

He is going to be a gem for us.

Dobber Sports Sage

Read played 16:34, fourth most among forwards. He also served on the PP and the PK and looked great the whole night.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Wedgy View Post
    Sean Couturier was 2nd in TOI for forwards against the Nucks. He played more minutes than Giroux, JVR and Jagr. He also played almost 7 and a half minutes on the penalty kill, got an assist and was a +1.

He is going to be a gem for us.
    Hey AW, where'd you find the PK ice time? Great to see Couturier getting that much PK time, but the con is that he saw only 15 seconds of PP time. I noticed Read had over 3 mins of PP time.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I really hope Philly doesn't turn Couturier into a defensive forward... but it's looking like it's going to be that way.

He has so much offensive upside.