Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Nabokov to sign with Detroit?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by CreaseCrasher View Post
    I would assume once the signing is official and then I believe he would get placed on waivers in Yahoo. That's how MA Bergeron worked.
    That might just be your league settings. Mine is set to make players FA after the draft so I assume that would apply here too.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Wizard

I wonder if it would be possible that Nabby throws out a warninh to other teams that if they claim him he won't report? Seems like something he'd do and it would scare teams off from claiming his contract.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by 93213 View Post
    I wonder if it would be possible that Nabby throws out a warninh to other teams that if they claim him he won't report? Seems like something he'd do and it would scare teams off from claiming his contract.
    Won't matter, this is Ken Holland he'll find a way to get him through waivers. 2 year deal, NTC/NMC something like that.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by octapuss View Post
    Why would another team wait to scoop him off waivers? Why not just outright sign him if their interested in him?
    Because they risk losing him to another team through waivers :P

There is no doubt in my mind that he would have a contract already if he didn't have to clear waivers to play for that team.

Why didn't San Jose just go out and sign Wellwood? Why didn't Nashville just go out and sign Svatos? Teams usually don't take the risk on signing guys mid-season who have to clear waivers as they risk losing them.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Wizard

This is not confirmed yet BTW. So far all they're doing is talking.

Bobby Mac's twitter:

Nabokov update: Close to a deal in DET in one sense but still some issues to be sorted out. So please be clear: no agreement in place yet.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post

There is no doubt in my mind that he would have a contract already if he didn't have to clear waivers to play for that team.

Why didn't San Jose just go out and sign Wellwood? Why didn't Nashville just go out and sign Svatos? Teams usually don't take the risk on signing guys mid-season who have to clear waivers as they risk losing them.
    This makes no sense. Any team can claim anyone guy off waivers. So if Nashville wanted Svatos, they could have signed him and still not have to worry about St. Louis taking him. If Detroit attempts to sign Nabby there are two dozen teams that have a crack at him, i think he goes to Washington, if they have cap space.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

So it is like a game of chicken. You sit and wait till the other team makes a move......They make the move and you come flying in and take that player?
    12 Team Dynasty League - ESPN Points league / Weekly Head to Head

Dobber Sports Wizard

Does anyone know how waivers work? Is it reverse order of the standings? Is it reset once you make a claim? Ie: nashville & san jose at the top of the list?

What is the order and IF the Wings do sign him what teams can claim him?

Can't see ho Ottawa wouldn't be interested if they aren't tanking.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I did a quick search on Nabokov's agent Don Meehan....Meehan represents Lidstrom, Abdelkader, Bertuzzi, Ericsson as well as a few ex-Wings like Quincey, Matthais and a few retirees like Cujo...of course I don't know if he was their agent while they were Wings but...

I guess what I'm trying to say is maybe Holland and Meehan have a very cordial relationship that this contract might have been signed with a reasonable number for the Wings should Nabby get through waivers but also as a bit of a favour to "Lidstrom's Agent" more so then about Nabby himself...although Holland doesn't strike me as the type to do the deal if he didn't think Nabby could play.

Probably a win-win, low cap hit veteran goalie for the Wings if he gets through waivers, Nabby back in the NHL regardless if he's claimed without having to go through the negotiations with another team scared to pull the trigger because of waiver bs.

I dunno, I'm probably grasping at straws but you never know.
    Last edited by Late Round Gem; January 20, 2011 at 1:40 PM.

Dobber Sports Icon

I don't know all the little intracacies of it. All I know is that other teams have a chance to claim him. I would assume that it would only be teams who have a better waiver wire position than Detroit, but I could be wrong on that.

Dobber Sports Wizard

That is interesting LateRoundGem. He also represents a lot of Leafs, Caps and Devils. He's one of the most powerful men in hockey.

I would imagine that he and Holland would have a great relationship and could figure something out.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5

Dobber Sports Guru

I don't know all the little intracacies of it. All I know is that other teams have a chance to claim him. I would assume that it would only be teams who have a better waiver wire position than Detroit, but I could be wrong on that.
    All 29 other teams would have the chance to claim him from waivers. Just look at the Svatos/Wellwood situations. St.Louis was lower in the standings than Nashville/San Jose and yet they were able to claim to those guys.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    All 29 other teams would have the chance to claim him from waivers. Just look at the Svatos/Wellwood situations. St.Louis was lower in the standings than Nashville/San Jose and yet they were able to claim to those guys.
    Waiver priority is not based strictly on the standings though is it? I thought there were other factors that came into play as well.

Dobber Sports Guru

Waiver priority is not based strictly on the standings though is it? I thought there were other factors that came into play as well.
    Waiver Priority

If the claim is after November 1, waiver priority is based on the current year's standings, defined as the lowest percentage of possible points.
    http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/20...ide-to-the-nhl

Dobber Sports Immortal

Whyyyyyy is he not on Yahoo yet?!?!

I know that contributed nothing...but Im a big Wings fan and cannot comment until I see the contract/length etc.