Thread: Creating a league in Yahoo - NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Creating a league in Yahoo - NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

I'm creating a new league in Yahoo and want to use a multi-cat system. For the most part, it's pretty straight forward but I need to know if you can add 0.15pts to the SAVES category in Yahoo?

I know have SAVES as a cat for G, but I don't know what pts can be allocated to it. I would prefer 0.15pts if possible but if not maybe 0.10pts would work.

Thanks
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Administrator

I don't know about points systems for multicat Yahoo! leagues but if I can offer any advice it's this: Don't use Yahoo!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Padawan

I know MD...I prefer CBS myself but the $99 US a year is a tough sell with my fellow GMs...I know I can customize the CBS site to whatever I want in terms of pts structure but right now guys seem to be fixed on Yahoo so I need to figure this one out...heck maybe it's not an option and we're forced to move to CBS.

Worse than Yahoo is ESPN...can't stand that site for fantasy hockey!
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Dobber Sports Master

is yahoo still open for new league creations for this season ?

if so , it would probably take you 10 minutes to set up a league to find out if it supports .15 for a save .

Dobber Sports Superstar

Yeah, if you are doing a multi catergory points type league you can customize your stat modifiers. Its been a few years since I've done it, but I know with their custom leagues it can be done.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by kenzle1r View Post
    I know MD...I prefer CBS myself but the $99 US a year is a tough sell with my fellow GMs...I know I can customize the CBS site to whatever I want in terms of pts structure but right now guys seem to be fixed on Yahoo so I need to figure this one out...heck maybe it's not an option and we're forced to move to CBS.

Worse than Yahoo is ESPN...can't stand that site for fantasy hockey!
    Fantrax is the answer to all your problems.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Fantrax is the answer to all your problems.
    +1 to this.

Dobber Sports Genius

One more more vote for fantrax.

Ever since I found them, I have been weening all of my leagues off of the horrid Yahoo fantasy site...just 1 league left. Alot of guys are hesitant to move away from what they are used to, but as of yet, not one owner has proposed moving back to Yahoo once e have left.

Fantrax...4 Life (queue the NWO music)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    One more more vote for fantrax.

Ever since I found them, I have been weening all of my leagues off of the horrid Yahoo fantasy site...just 1 league left. Alot of guys are hesitant to move away from what they are used to, but as of yet, not one owner has proposed moving back to Yahoo once e have left.

Fantrax...4 Life (queue the NWO music)
    Yea, I've got one holding out as well. I'm surprised more people haven't started using it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I've never heard of Fantrax, I'll have to take a look. Thanks for the input guys.

Yahoo has blocked their leagues so you can't create a new hockey league. I tried earlier this this...which is too bad because I would have been able to check out all of my stat cats in Yahoo and see how everything worked out.

Thanks again for the advice folks!

Dobber Sports Master

the main reason I prefer fantrax over yahoo or cbs is they list pretty much list every prospect ,and if they dont , all you have to do is ask and they'll add .

this has made it much easier for me to admin the farm team aspect of my 2 keeper leagues that I run.

in the past I'd have to create a ''dummy player'' at cbs --which I thought was a nice feature that cbs offered at the time

fantrax seems to be hinting about charging money for certain ''premium'' features .
    if you clik on the ''new features'' link you will notice moving forward , some things will be considered premium .