Thread: Who to Keep Who to move

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Who to Keep Who to move

I love my D but the trade deadline is comming and I can only keep 4

Green, Ehrhoff, Aucoin, Phaneuf, Bieksa, McBain and Shatterkirk

The hard Part is I might only be able to trade Green and Ehrhoff.

So who would you keep and would you try to move one of Green, Ehrhoff to keep someone else
    One year 10 team Roto Daily League

skaters - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG
    Goal - W, GAA, Saves, SHO

C - Tavares, Bergeron
    LW - JVR, Duchene
    rw - Nash, Okposo
    D - Weber, Hamilton, Josi, Vatanen
    G - Lundqvist, Schneider
    Bench - Holtby, Boychuk, Nyquist, Drouin, Tarasenko

The Great One

I think Aucoin is a clear non-keep, but good luck moving him.

I think you're right to consider cutting loose Ehrhoff. He's a 40 point D-man with stats that I think are heavily influenced by the players/team around him. Plus, I don't see him "going nuts" and developing into a 55+ elite D-man. Keep in mind that when this guy was on SJ, he was a healthy scratch and ran out of town. These things being said, he should be able to land you something in a deal, so I'd look to move him.

I'd also consider trading Phaneuf. I think he's well on his way to becoming Bouwmeester 2.0, namely a guy whose current stats just don't justify the value he has in people's eyes. With his age and past stats there is a chance he could return to the 55+ level, but not enough to keep him and hope against logic that it will happen.

So to sum up, I'd try to trade Ehrhoff and Phaneuf, with an eye toward Green, Bieksa, McBain and Shattenkirk as your keepers.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Green, Erhoff, Bieksa/Phaneuf, McBain, Shattenkirk are the best 5.

Sell-high period on Shattenkirk is gone. I'd definitely keep Green and McBain. So keep those two.

And then see who you can get the best return on between Erhoff, Bieksa, Phaneuf, and Shatty.

But no trades, I'd keep Green, McBain, Erhoff, Bieksa.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd keep Green, Ehrhoff, McBain, Shattenkirk and try to peddle Phaneuf because I think his name value would bring the best return relative to his actual value.