Thread: Neuvirth for Brodeur?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Neuvirth for Brodeur?

In reference to my team below, would trading Neuvirth for Brodeur be a good trade? I'm currently holding down first place, but it's a pretty tight race (top 3 within 3 pts). So I'm looking to win this year. By owning Fleury and Rask, you can almost guarantee I won't be keeping Neuvirth, so I think he could be a good trade commodity. Brodeur has been playing better and he would give me a consistent starter which Neuvirth is not.
    It's also important to note the current owner of Brodeur also owns Varlamov.

Thoughts? Is this a good move for me?
    8-Team Keeper League
    Roto Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    Starting roster: 3C, 2LW, 2RW, 2W, 2F, 5D, 2G
    Keepers: Any 6

C: *Marleau, Duchene, Roy, Bergeron
    LW: *D.Sedin, Benn, J.Staal, Gagne, Burrows
    RW: *St.Louis, *Nash, Horton, Doan
    D: Letang, Boyle, Shattenkirk, Seabrook, Montador
    G: *Fleury, *Hiller, Khabibulin, Brodeur, Rask
    IR: Goligoski

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I actually asked the same exact question about a month ago and mostly everyone told me to keep Neuvirth. But now that Brodeur seems more focused I am also curious if this would be a good move. I also own Thomas and Quick and my league only allows for a max of 2 goalies kept.
    I was thinking the same thing abot consistency of starts - Brodeur will get them. Then Dobber came out with the midseason guide where he points out he doesn't think Brodeur will turn it around. But when the pressure comes off and the Devils don't have to worry about getting into the playoffs (soon) it seems they would naturally start winning more games. So, I am on the fence in this as well. Anyone else have any speculation that will land us on one side?
    18 team H2H, 10 keepers (max 2 goalies)
    Daily Roster: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 5BN, 2G, 2IR
    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,W,SV%,GAA,SHO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The Devils are finally starting to turn it around and buy-back in to Lemaire's coaching system.

I'd move Neuvy for Brodeur if you won't be keeping him.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I believe I said it before in a previous thread, and I will say it again, I think it's worth the move. If it doesn't affect your keepers for next year, I'd go for it. I think it's worth swinging for the fences and Brodeur has much more upside, as even if Neurvirth plays great he's likely going to remain in a 50/50 type split with Varlamov until we're closer to the playoffs. If Brodeur regains his form, which he appears to be starting to do, he could make a huge difference.
    16 Team 4th Year H2H Yahoo! Keeper League, 2012 Champion
    Keep 8 (Max 1 Goalie) + 2* (23 and under)
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,FW,HIT,BLK,W,GAA,SV,SV%
    2LW,3C,2RW,3D,1U,2G,8BN,3IR
    LW Landeskog*, C Tavares*,Getzlaf, RW Ovechkin,Malkin(C),Seguin*(C),D Subban,G Lundqvist, Lehner*
    Draft - 1st,2 2nds, 2 3rds.