Thread: Eric Johnson or Victor Hedman

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Eric Johnson or Victor Hedman

I got a chance to swap my Johnson for his Hedman...I'm not hurting on D at all and can wait a year or two for either to start producing. Who do you think is going to make it?
    If you don't have enemies, you don't have character!
    -Paul Newman

16-Man Yahoo

C - E. Staal, J. Huberdeau, R. Fabbri, C. Smith, A. Lee, E. Kuznetsov
    LW - D. Sedin, G. Nyquist, L. Couture, Panarin, R. Spooner,
    RW - J. Pavelski, M. Hossa, Jagr, C. Perry, D. Brown, T. Hertl
    D - D. Phaneuf, N. Kronwell, D. Keith, D. Savard, Alzner
    G - Loungo, Anderson, Howard, Grubauer

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This is on a different team then I got in my sig. too...
    If you don't have enemies, you don't have character!
    -Paul Newman

16-Man Yahoo

C - E. Staal, J. Huberdeau, R. Fabbri, C. Smith, A. Lee, E. Kuznetsov
    LW - D. Sedin, G. Nyquist, L. Couture, Panarin, R. Spooner,
    RW - J. Pavelski, M. Hossa, Jagr, C. Perry, D. Brown, T. Hertl
    D - D. Phaneuf, N. Kronwell, D. Keith, D. Savard, Alzner
    G - Loungo, Anderson, Howard, Grubauer

Administrator

Both of these guys have that huge franchise dman upside that you have to love. Sure they'll probably be worth more to their NHL teams than they are to your fantasy team but they'll still be damn good. They also appear to be following the more traditional developmental path of defensemen and that's just fine.

Two schools of thought when comparing these two.

A) Hedman is the lone top defenseman on an offensively geared team. In only his sophomore season Hedman still has plenty of time to develop better and sooner than Johnson who has had plenty of time to take over in St. Louis but seems to have squandered that opportunity and has been passed as an offensive defenseman by not only Alex Pietrangelo but also Carlo Colaiacovo. Johnson is looking like more of a two-way Dman.

B) Both still have that same franchise Dman upside only Johnson is farther along in his development and will give you better production now and for the next 2-3 years. This is hugely important when considering the fact that you shouldn't be planning your fantasy team for beyond that sort of time frame.

Right off the bat you can see more "ink" for school A and I admit that there is a lot of reason to agree with this but I'm very much a loyalist when it comes to players I key in on as studs. Johnson is one of those guys, and I refuse to bail and give up on his elite potential. It's there and it's brewing. I read an article where Blues management has been working with him to get him to start using his shot more. He's got a really got shot, and when he learns to bust it out we're going to see the magic happen. I think we'll see this magic from Johnson before Hedman and that's why I say stick it out with him.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg