Thread: Vokoun?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Vokoun?

What's wrong with him? Clemmensen was in net again!!! Is Vokoun injured or are they close to a trade? I can' t see why Clemmensen got those games this past week. There's something missing here...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

yeah, vokoun has been sucking. can't keep the team in the game and inconsistent.

coach is sick of his play and is teaching him a lesson now.

Dobber Sports Novice

Yeah I think there has to be something that isn't being told here. For Clemmensen to get the start Monday night to is just blowing my mind. Anyone have a inside scoop on what is going on in Fla.?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Vokoun is a feast or famine goalie, he either pitches a 40-50 save game/shutout or he lays an egg. I don't think there is much trade talk with Vokoun but I do know the Panthers are going to try and re-sign him before possibly trading him. The rumor has always been Vokoun to the Flyers, but with that nice veteran-young stud tandem, why would Philly want to make a move?
    That's all I've heard.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Icon

The coach is pissed at him, trying to teach him a lesson. Vokoun is not too happy about it either. Given the recent benchings, I highly doubt the team re-signs him. He will be wearing new colors by the trade deadline.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In an ironic twist of fate, Vokoun ends up going to Colorado to once again put Craig Anderson behind Vokoun on the depth charts.

I really don't see another contender that would need his services. Possibly Detroit if Howard were to miss a considerable amount of time.
    15-team keeper (keep 10) - G,A,+/-,PPP, Hits, Blocked Shots, W, SV%, Saves

Forwards - Kunin, Trenin, Eichel, Bjorkstrand, Boldy, Pastrnak, Boeser, Caufield, Laine, Crosby, Newhook, Konecny, Farabee, Rossi (NA)
    Defenseman - Brodin, Hamilton, Zadorov, Severson, Forsling, Braun, Roy
    Goalies - Sorokin, Hill, Varlamov, Daws

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Howard has been horrible even when he's healthy.

And Vokoun has NOT been that bad. Definitely doesn't deserve to sit 3 games in a row for Scott Friggin Clemmensen. His last game he beat the Capitals then he gets benched?? I hope he demands a trade. I could see if Clemmensen had been getting shutouts or something, but thsi is ridiculous. Who does DeBoer think he is... Bruce Boudreau??

Dobber Sports Expert

It's the same thing as the couple of years... around this time of the year and near the end of last season DeBoer went with Clemmensen to "ride the hot hand" once he cools back down it'll be back to Vokoun... Last couple of years it's been like that, so don't worry too much about it.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Clemmensen isn't even hot though, that's the thing. He's given up at least a couple goals per game over his last 4 starts and only won half of them. Vokoun won his last start, which was against Ovie and the Caps. I usually don't give much heed to so called "disrespectful" moves but this is pretty bad for a goalie they're apparently trying to re-sign.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah, I have to agree, it's not like Clemmensen has been tearing it up. In fact he's let in some real soft goals. If I was Vokoun I would be pissed as well. Given how great he has played behind a porous defense year after year, I mean look at his usual save percentage and shots faced, he should be given the benefit of the doubt, particularly after he comes away with a win.

I don't think it makes sense either.

The thing I think that could lead to Vokoun staying in Florida is if they can afford to give him a better contract then he'd get as a FA. Given last year's FA market there didn't seem to be much offered to goalies. If that is not an issue though I can see him wanting to move on after this, or at least test his options.

The problem also is most places in need of goaltending are similar to Florida. There really isn't any top teams in need of goaltending. The ones that really do are not likely to be playoff teams anyway.
    16 Team 4th Year H2H Yahoo! Keeper League, 2012 Champion
    Keep 8 (Max 1 Goalie) + 2* (23 and under)
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,FW,HIT,BLK,W,GAA,SV,SV%
    2LW,3C,2RW,3D,1U,2G,8BN,3IR
    LW Landeskog*, C Tavares*,Getzlaf, RW Ovechkin,Malkin(C),Seguin*(C),D Subban,G Lundqvist, Lehner*
    Draft - 1st,2 2nds, 2 3rds.