Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bogosian

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Bogosian

What to do with Bogo. Any opinions out there would help.

Dobber Sports Padawan

hard to say bufylien is really hurting him?
    16 team league, Weekly changes
    32 Players play 20, 2 Goalies, 6 Def, 12 Fwd
    2*G,1*a,+/-*.5,.2* pim
    4*W,-1*L,1*OTL,5*SO
    17 Keepers
    Keepers marked with*
    auto protect under 40 Games
    Goal
    Vejmelka, Markstrom, Forsberg, Alnefelt,
    Ukko-Pekka Luukkoonen
    Defence
    Slavin, Pietrangelo, Girard, Hague, Joseph,
    Matheson, Brannstrom, Jokiharju, Parayko
    Forward
    Gaudreau*, Tuch, Garland, Mangiapane, L’Hereux
    Aho*, McCann, Necas, Stephenson, Zacha,
    Marchessault*, Stone, Reilly Smith, Hall,
    Giroux, Landeskog, Rodrigues, Reilly Smith, Yamamoto

Dobber Sports Ace

i had him and tried shopping him around. no takers. ended up dropping him. ws so long ago i dont even remember who i picked up to replace....he is still available in my league. i dont see much value in him as long as he is behind Buffy and Enstrom. they are killing his value.
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Does bufyglien stay or go? Contract comes up this year and is he in it for the fame and fortune? If byfuglien stays long term in Atlanta then bogosian is going to be the next Mark Stuart(Det)

The Great One

Trade him while he still has the little value that he holds

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Unless he's traded, being behind those 2 stud d-men, not a chance for any numbers in ATL.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

If you're in a dynasty league, you could get a draft pick. Best case a 3rd rounder from a team in re-build but probably more along the lines of a 4th or 5th (as low as I would go).
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Genius

I think Bogosian is probably the best all-around young defenseman in the league in real life...that doesn't neccessarily result in heavy fantasy production but primed I see him going right in the 45-50 range consistently and Enstrom or Byfuglien...likely the former getting dealt when that happens...Bogosian is ridiculous skill-wise, 6'3" frame, tremendous skater, throws the body alot...you keep a guy like this as he will be an elite NHL'er in due time wherever he plays

Dobber Sports Star

I'm going to go the other way, since we're in the keeper league forum. This thread is a pretty solid indication that Bogo's perceived value has dipped -- so buy, buy, buy.

It's going to take some time (a breakout next year would be early) for him to get there, but Bogosian will be a bigtime defender in the NHL. If you're in a league that counts PIM or hits, his value is even higher... not too many players out there with the ability to put up 40+ points and 80+ PIM, and those that do exist are multicat gold.

I don't completely buy the argument that 3 defenders can't produce well on the same team. Sure, there's less opportunity, but it can be done. Lidstrom, Rafalski, and Kronwall all broke 50 points in 2008/2009, after all. Few teams have the talent of the Wings (and Lidstrom), but just because Buffy and Enstrom are there doesn't mean that Bogo won't get better.

Very little that Lemon wrote in his October article has changed... he just got the timing wrong, as did many of us leading into this season.

The key to winning in keeper leagues is to not overreact to short-term events. Longer-term, Bogo will be fine.

If you're not contending and Bogosian is in a farm spot or you've got a deep bench, he is a prime buy candidate.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

As much as we want every high draft pick to work out I think we all know that a few will not pan out as expected. That said I still think Bogo can be a nice NHLer (real life more-so than fantasy).
    I think it's a tough pill to swallow for his owners knowing he was taken one pick after Doughty but I would adjust his statistical ceiling to maybe something along the lines of Brent Seabrook, but even that may be a few years away. If you can afford to wait on him to pan out/not pan out you might as well...but if somebody offers you a half decent trade for "The Guy Taken After Doughty" I say get rid of him.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think there's no point moving him right now unless you need a roster spot, as his value is essentially nil. That being the case I'd hold on to him as you never know when he might break out, be part of a trade, etc.
    16 Team 4th Year H2H Yahoo! Keeper League, 2012 Champion
    Keep 8 (Max 1 Goalie) + 2* (23 and under)
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,FW,HIT,BLK,W,GAA,SV,SV%
    2LW,3C,2RW,3D,1U,2G,8BN,3IR
    LW Landeskog*, C Tavares*,Getzlaf, RW Ovechkin,Malkin(C),Seguin*(C),D Subban,G Lundqvist, Lehner*
    Draft - 1st,2 2nds, 2 3rds.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm always a bit puzzled on here when people entirely neglect people's skill-sets in making assertions on players...also didn't Bogosian also put up something like 8 goals in the first 5 weeks of the season last year until he hurt his wrist and has to stop shooting the puck/loss all potency on his shot...selling on him right now based on those two factors combined is a very poor idea in my eyes

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Skill set doesn't necessarily translate to production - see Afinogenov's last few Buffalo years or Filatov right now.

8 goals in 5 weeks is good for a defensman....when he's done it more then once.

Not every early pick meets their pre-draft Pierre Mcguire hype. Bogo owners need to temper their expectations that he will eventually bloom. Bogosian is at worst fantasy irrelivant and at best a Seabrook clone (which would be great considering Bogo's current situation)

Bogo isn't the first young player to be derailed by injury and he won't be the last either.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Late Round Gem View Post
    Skill set doesn't necessarily translate to production - see Afinogenov's last few Buffalo years or Filatov right now.

8 goals in 5 weeks is good for a defensman....when he's done it more then once.

Not every early pick meets their pre-draft Pierre Mcguire hype. Bogo owners need to temper their expectations that he will eventually bloom. Bogosian is at worst fantasy irrelivant and at best a Seabrook clone (which would be great considering Bogo's current situation)

Bogo isn't the first young player to be derailed by injury and he won't be the last either.
    When mental fitness is weighed along with it it most certainly does...Gagne is one of the best skaters you'll ever see but has no mental fitness whatsoever, Afinogenov same, Zherdev same, Filatov same but at least has some decent chance to get there after a rocky start in Columbus on a few different levels

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Just a reminder I never said he wasn't good, he has the potential to be a stud d-man, but if he's rotting on your bench its tough to say don't deal him. However if you don't get anything of value for him you probably have to hold on to the kid, I expected him to produce last year, didn't at all.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."