Thread: Help me choose my keeper Goalie

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Help me choose my keeper Goalie

Help me pick a goalie to keep. Wins GAA sv% So Quick Ward Halak

I have trade all my loose parts for draft picks and now have all my 13 picks in the first 6 rounds. My keepers stand like this. 3 c 3 w 3 d 1 goalie 1 extra
    Backstrom
    E. Staal
    Tavares (extra)

Iginla
    Kane
    Giroux

Keith
    Karlsson
    Buyfuglien

And one of Quick Halak or Ward. (I can only keep one goalie cause I can't let Tavares hit the draft)

Thanks
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Administrator

Halak has no competition and has a better team than Ward, so he's my choice. Basically, I wouldn't be able to justify keeping Quick (especially after the last month or so) knowing the Bernier is right there and capable of becoming the starter. I also couldn't justify taking Ward knowing that his production is generally all over the place and just hoping that Carolina catches or passes St. Louis in team value.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Count me in on the Halak wagon...by quite a wide margin, too.
    2011/12 Capped Keeper League Team((F)=Franchised@1/2 salary: 9F/3D/2G+spares

F-P.Kane(F)/C.Giroux(F)/M.Duchene(F)
    D-Green
    G-R.Luongo
    FREE ROOKIES:J.Eberle/N.Filatov/O.Ekman-Larsson/J.Bernier/C.Schneider

Dobber Sports Pro

thanks guys. I have been just offered kipper and a 1st rd pick for Quick and a 3rd pick. I wrote this year off already so not to worried. Then I keep Halak and with 3 first rd picks I will be able to get another good goalie in the first rd.

I think I need to do this trade. Also the gm I am trading Quick to is keeping luongo/price so Quick will be in the draft
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by nicka_004 View Post
    thanks guys. I have been just offered kipper and a 1st rd pick for Quick and a 3rd pick. I wrote this year off already so not to worried. Then I keep Halak and with 3 first rd picks I will be able to get another good goalie in the first rd.

I think I need to do this trade. Also the gm I am trading Quick to is keeping luongo/price so Quick will be in the draft
    If you've already written this year off, sounds like a win-win getting a better draft pick and you're not keeping Quick anyway.
    14-Team H2H Limited Keeper League

Rosters: 3C, 5W, 4D, 1U, 2G, 5B, 2IR+, 1NA
    Keep: 4 F, 2 D, 1 G
    Skater Stats: G (3), A (2), +/- (0.3), PIM (0.4), PPP (0.5), SHP (1), GWG (1), SOG (0.3), Hits (0.1), Blks (0.25), FW (0.05)
    Goalie Stats: W (5), SV (0.3), GA (-2), SHO (2)

C: Crosby, Zegras
    W: Pastrnak, Keller

D: Karlsson, Montour
    G:Oettinger
    IR+:
    NA:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by nicka_004 View Post

Well how about that for a winning situation.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Superstar

Yeah, that sounds like a win-win. (Or maybe it's a home-run?)

I'd be keeping Halak, too.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Prodigy

funny enough that I was literally just coming to the board to post the exact same question (Halak vs. Quick).

I too have Halak and Quick and was trying to decide which to keep (Roli is my 3rd so I'm not really thinking about keeping him). I was leaning towards Halak for all the reasons Metaldude brought up.

Quick is still a solid goaltender and will net some serious trade value (picks or keeper (or both!?) etc) but I don't like the uncertainty in his situation. If he ends up in a dump like Toronto he won't be as successful as he would be in LA.

So that's my thoughts, but thanks for helping me along (and saving me starting a new thread!)
    Team1-Lottery Bound (again)-14Team H2H-Keep:7S & 1G
    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,HITS|W,GAA,SV,SV%,SO

C: Tavares, Giroux, Galchenyuk, Grabovski
    LW: Kovalchuk, Kane, Clowe, Korpikowski
    RW: Iginila, Jagr, Clarkson, Voracek, Kopecky
    D: Subban, Boyle, Del Zotto, Hamhuis
    G: Niemi, Halak, Fasth
    IR: Whitney

Team 2-Playoffs-12Team H2H-Keep:6S & 1G
    G,A,P,PIM,PPP,SOG,FW,HIT,BLK|W,GAA,SV%,SO

C: Mueller, Statsny, Ennis
    LW: Vanek, Kovalchuk, Tanguay, Korpikowski
    RW: Malkin, Kane, Gionta, Burrows
    D: Weber(nsh), Carle (Phi), Ekman-Larsson, McDonagh
    G: Bryzgalov, Niemi, Neuvirth

Dobber Sports Pro

trade is done.

I now have three first rd picks.

I should be able to now move Ward for a high pick as well.

(IR)

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!