Thread: Enough for Green?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Enough for Green?

Another owner has approached me about Mike Green and I'm contemplating what it might take to move him. His roster:

Malkin, Eriksson, Heatley, Malone, Ruutu, Sharp, Fowler, Weber, Yandle, Seabrook, Wideman, Zajac, Ward, Halak.

He's not interested in moving Malkin. We only keep 3, and Stamkos and Green are my no-brainers. If he'd be willing to part with Sharp and Yandle for Green and someone like Brassard, I'd have 3 clear keepers and a very nice core moving forward.

The alternative is to stand pat, and keep Stamkos, Green, and likely Skinner. Thoughts?
    CBS 15 Team Dynasty League (keep 4)
    G(3), A(2), PPP(1), SHP(2), DG(+2), DA(+0.5)
    W(5), S(.1), GA(-1), SO(5), OTL/SOL(2.5)

Dress weekly: 6 FW, 3 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Stamkos, Kucherov, Arvidsson, Hischier, Atkinson, Keller, Bjork, Stepan, E. Lindholm

Defense: Karlsson, Klefbom, Ekblad, Dumba, Montour
    Goal: Talbot, Elliott

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't see any reason to move Green in a limited keeper unless you're getting someone like Malkin.

But Skinner as your third keeper? You need to upgrade someone...

The Wolverine

Agree with dyzfunctioned - unless you are getting Malkin back, keep Green. But even so, you have Stamkos so a D keeper is more useful for you. For your third, I would keep Bryzgalov instead of Skinner, especially in a 15 team league. There will be plenty of top forwards available in the draft.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Agree with the rest, don't trade Green unless you get Malkin. Bryz has to be your 3rd keeper!

Pts Only 1y - 9 Teams
    F: Stamkos, H. Sedin, Voracek, St Louis, Hornquist, Ladd, Semin, Ribeiro, Hudler, Kuznetsov
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Letang, Goligoski
    G: Price, Holtby

Dobber Sports Apprentice

With such a smaller number of keepers, I'd keep Malkin and Green and then try to use your other assets to improve your third keeper, instead of moving Green.
    16 Team 4th Year H2H Yahoo! Keeper League, 2012 Champion
    Keep 8 (Max 1 Goalie) + 2* (23 and under)
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,FW,HIT,BLK,W,GAA,SV,SV%
    2LW,3C,2RW,3D,1U,2G,8BN,3IR
    LW Landeskog*, C Tavares*,Getzlaf, RW Ovechkin,Malkin(C),Seguin*(C),D Subban,G Lundqvist, Lehner*
    Draft - 1st,2 2nds, 2 3rds.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I guess no one is as high on Skinner as I am. I suppose I could re-draft him next year, but I'd hate to see him get snatched up. That said, it would be hard to object to a legitimate 3rd keeper. Thanks for the opinions, guys.
    CBS 15 Team Dynasty League (keep 4)
    G(3), A(2), PPP(1), SHP(2), DG(+2), DA(+0.5)
    W(5), S(.1), GA(-1), SO(5), OTL/SOL(2.5)

Dress weekly: 6 FW, 3 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Stamkos, Kucherov, Arvidsson, Hischier, Atkinson, Keller, Bjork, Stepan, E. Lindholm

Defense: Karlsson, Klefbom, Ekblad, Dumba, Montour
    Goal: Talbot, Elliott

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Nas View Post
    Agree with the rest, don't trade Green unless you get Malkin. Bryz has to be your 3rd keeper!
    .Either u upgrade your 3rd guy or Nas is right

Dobber Sports Veteran

I too have an opportunity to get Green. I'd have to give up Keith and a 1st to get get but my problem with this is that although Green is a stud on reputation, what the hell is wrong with him this year? Does anyone think Washington won't return to form? I'm nervous about picking him and having him turn out to be a bust.

any thoughts?
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    I too have an opportunity to get Green. I'd have to give up Keith and a 1st to get get but my problem with this is that although Green is a stud on reputation, what the hell is wrong with him this year? Does anyone think Washington won't return to form? I'm nervous about picking him and having him turn out to be a bust.

any thoughts?
    Not sure how valuable your 1st is? As your league info wasn't given. I would make the trade, Keith had a career season last year imo and Green is that good. He's just having an off year (as the rest of the Cap's)

Pts Only 1y - 9 Teams
    F: Stamkos, H. Sedin, Voracek, St Louis, Hornquist, Ladd, Semin, Ribeiro, Hudler, Kuznetsov
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Letang, Goligoski
    G: Price, Holtby

Dobber Sports Veteran

I might listen to Heatley offers as well but I agree with what everyone else has said about your keepers, Bryz > Skinner
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd keep Stamkos, then move Bryz-Green together for a netminder upgrade..and then keep Shattenkirk or Eberle with my 3rd slot...not Skinner though