Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Dropped a Nucleuar bomb on my keeper team

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think overall you've improved the core of your keepers moving forward as well, not that significantly in the present but significantly in their upside moving forward. More importantly I think from what you've said it's been a valuable learning experience, and I think you recovered well and learned from significant stumbles during some of your first moves, to make increasingly better trades as things progressed.

It's left you with a few keeper holes to fill as mentioned above, but I always like having that bit of wiggle room if I can upgrade my central keeper core in a move, to give me an option to keep someone I may have picked up/discovered during a season as my last keeper.

From what you've said about goaltenders being dropped back into the draft, I think grabbing the best G available will be one of your highest priorities at the draft.
    Last edited by You Know; March 18, 2011 at 9:06 PM.
    16 Team 4th Year H2H Yahoo! Keeper League, 2012 Champion
    Keep 8 (Max 1 Goalie) + 2* (23 and under)
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,FW,HIT,BLK,W,GAA,SV,SV%
    2LW,3C,2RW,3D,1U,2G,8BN,3IR
    LW Landeskog*, C Tavares*,Getzlaf, RW Ovechkin,Malkin(C),Seguin*(C),D Subban,G Lundqvist, Lehner*
    Draft - 1st,2 2nds, 2 3rds.

Dobber Sports Ace

I said way earlier in this thread that part of the enjoyment of being in keeper pools is making trades and trying to build your team in the way you like.

I won't comment on your moves b/c honestly, you made so many moves that I got lost following them all. And besides, who among us hasn't made a trade we regret big-time. I know I have.

The key is that you guys think you have a team going forward that can win and win for a while. It sounds like you do believe that..so I would say your rebuild is a success (at least in that you guys are happy with it).

Will you win with those guys? I don't know...and I'm not saying that because I don't think your players are good enough. I'm saying that because injuries, trades, etc, etc, etc can devastate the best of teams.

But you've made moves you wanted to make, you've likely had a ton of fun breaking down and rebuilding your team, and I commend you for that.