Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dobber Site Question

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Dobber Site Question

I guess this all stems from that oh so popular forum about negative karma. Is there any way we can see who give us positive or negative karma? I think that would be a great addition if that is something that could be added. I am always very curious when I log on and see that my karma has gone up. I tend to look back on posts to see if anyone actually commented on the good advice or even that they added one to me. Also it would be nice to see who was offended or did not like your advice to see if you could better explain your opinion/reasoning. Just some ideas, and curious if you could implement such a system. Thanks
    C- TAVARES, Wennberg , Thornton, Monahan
    LW- Ehlers, JvR , Landeskog, Fabbri
    RW- KANE, TARASENKO, Pastrnak, Atkinson
    D- Schultz, Werenski, Krug, KARLSSON
    G- PRICE, Fleury, Helly, Crawford, Howard, Mrazek, Darling
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

9 Team Keeper League Keep 5 any position with a max of 1 goalie
    G(+10) A(+5) +/-(1) GWG(+5) PPG(+2.5) SHG(+5) W(+15) L(-5) SO(+20) (+.5)PIM

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don\'t really use the karma system but if I did I\'d probably use it even less if this was implemented.

Dobber Sports Padawan

doulos wrote:
    I don\'t really use the karma system but if I did I\'d probably use it even less if this was implemented.

Why is that?
    C- TAVARES, Wennberg , Thornton, Monahan
    LW- Ehlers, JvR , Landeskog, Fabbri
    RW- KANE, TARASENKO, Pastrnak, Atkinson
    D- Schultz, Werenski, Krug, KARLSSON
    G- PRICE, Fleury, Helly, Crawford, Howard, Mrazek, Darling
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

9 Team Keeper League Keep 5 any position with a max of 1 goalie
    G(+10) A(+5) +/-(1) GWG(+5) PPG(+2.5) SHG(+5) W(+15) L(-5) SO(+20) (+.5)PIM

Dobber Sports Sage

Id rather just have the negative karma taken away.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

I...am your father.

Terrible idea! That would encourage cliques...nothing good can come of that! :lol:

B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

what if it could somehow be noted that an ADMIN adjusted your karma? that tells the individual that somebody at the top thinks youre doing well or not so well.

Dobber Sports Genius

you know what dobber , i have a suggestion , to end the obvious swollen heads syndrome , why not just drop the karma and let any of us just respond in any forum as to whather we like someones info etc. this bullshit with the karma is nuts , i too get a bit heavy headed and check on my karma from time to time but these guys are reaching way too much for ego pts , thanks buddy and keep up the excellent work with this site and your other endeavors.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Sage

God this is really hard to understand...another -3 in the last day for saying nothing. I really dont understand this.
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Ace

Hey Ben10 I just shot you up +1...........my advice would be to stop whining about the karma points and you\'ll probally stop seeing them vanish......just a thought,Happy Hollidays dude.
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

smoothfun wrote:
    you know what dobber , i have a suggestion , to end the obvious swollen heads syndrome , why not just drop the karma and let any of us just respond in any forum as to whather we like someones info etc. this bullshit with the karma is nuts , i too get a bit heavy headed and check on my karma from time to time but these guys are reaching way too much for ego pts , thanks buddy and keep up the excellent work with this site and your other endeavors.
    I see karma as a good thing because it is just another way to encourage good behavior on forums. Every little bit helps I say. Removing negative wouldn\'t be that bad but I think everyone just needs to be responsible for what they say and be polite when disagreeing and then negative won\'t be a problem.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Sage

Whatever, Im done with this site and its BS. I never instigated a verbal fight. I would only defend others and yes, argue with people who had no idea what they were talking about (especially when they tell me I dont know what Im talking about when I am RIGHT and they are WRONG). This Karma thing is getting out of hand. Its been 2 days and Ive gone down -6 after Dobber put me back up to a +9. I dont beleive I have done anything that would cause someone to give me negative Karma. I never started anything, I merely finished it. I defended people in the process and maintained/gave the correct stats. SO, whoever keeps giving me negative Karma, grow up/give me a good reason as to why I deserve negative karma. I just think you are punishing the wrong guy from that specific disagreement there. Punish he who did nothing but rip on other peoples opinions/talked down to more then one person/does nothing but make up stats and use them in arguments even though they are completely wrong. This is not over.
    RW
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Apprentice

ben10rules wrote:
    Whatever, Im done with this site and its BS. I never instigated a verbal fight. I would only defend others and yes, argue with people who had no idea what they were talking about (especially when they tell me I dont know what Im talking about when I am RIGHT and they are WRONG). This Karma thing is getting out of hand. Its been 2 days and Ive gone down -6 after Dobber put me back up to a +9. I dont beleive I have done anything that would cause someone to give me negative Karma. I never started anything, I merely finished it. I defended people in the process and maintained/gave the correct stats. SO, whoever keeps giving me negative Karma, grow up/give me a good reason as to why I deserve negative karma. I just think you are punishing the wrong guy from that specific disagreement there. Punish he who did nothing but rip on other peoples opinions/talked down to more then one person/does nothing but make up stats and use them in arguments even though they are completely wrong. This is not over.
    I love how you convinced yourself to not quit by the end of this paragraph hehe. Just messin\'. Honestly Ben10, I think the best thing you could do is just to lay low a while and just give advice but not get into it too much with anyone and hopefully your karma will recover. Otherwise, just be yourself and stop worrying about karma.

Whatever way you go, don\'t leave. It is nice to have some strong opinions and just a little controversy around here Just take the karma with a grain of salt then.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Ben - I personally would not like to see you leave - I think you know the game and in the end your input will benefit us all.

I know someone is dicking around with your karma - you actually have it wrong you were at +11 a few days ago when the adjustment was made. Pretty tough to do much about a keyboard coward, but as long as you enter the fray like this you allow him to win. You are vascillating on the drama triangle between victim and persecutor and neither can produce any good for you. Step off the triangle. Be the Dobber forum guy you want to be and can be and in the end this too shall pass.

I said it 9 months ago and I will say it again - I am not a fan of the karma system but it exists and is supported by administration so what the heck. Doulos has it nailed - for those that are committed to giving and getting good advice and having productive discussions about hockey - this is the place to be and karma should have no bearing on that whatsoever - unfortunately for some it does.

If you want karma then follow Teddy Roosevelt\'s advice - walk (talk) softly and carry a big stick. As J Status suggests - karma is much more about relationships on this forum than about the advice you give.

The easiest way to get rid of something that is bothering you is to let it go. When you do that, it no longer has any power over you.

I...am your father.

I just realized that while I was adjusting Ben\'s Karma back up to +10...he was venting his frustration in a new post. Ben - if you just waited two more minutes you would have seen me fix you again and all would have been well! :lol:

Anyway, as I said, whatever you get dinged, as long as I see it, I\'ll put you back up. No worries man.
    B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Sage

Shoeless I tried to appologize, only to see these \"keyboard cowards\" rise up against me lol...Im not meaning to whine, I dont like whiners I just really dont see how Ive been going down so much and the real culprit (flyers****) has been steady at 18-22 level...its just frustrating when you get punished by more then one person for backing someone up and giving accurate information that could only benefit the reader. Idn. Thanks for backin me up though, means more then you know. GO WINGS GO.
    RW
    D
    G