Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nathan MacKinnon,Taylor Cammarata,Luc Deschesne.

Dobber Sports Padawan

For anyone who can get away with it at work and does not know about it already here is a link to the NB VS. NS game. Mackinnon is #22 (Blue) and Deschenes is #15 (White)

http://canadagames.bellaliant.net/li...2011&m=02&d=18

I also really like Noah Zilbert on NB (#20). May never make the pros let alone have any fantasy value but an incredible worker who has been putting the puck in the net lately and is a great PK guy
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Pro

thanks i really appreciated that. What did ya'll think of Curtis Lazar?
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Pro

Well after some digging I learned that Nic Blanchard was the last cut off the Team Nova Scotia Canada Games Squad. He would of done just fine there and he could of played Midget AAA this year had he made it. With the Major Bantam Leagues season coming to a close here is the final stats for 5 guys who interest me.

1) Nicholas Blanchard (F)
    Regular Season- 31 GP,49 G,20 A,69 P,9 PPG,2 SHG and 70 PIM
    Playoffs- 2 GP,2 G,4 A,6P,0 PPG,1 SHG and 2 PIM
    Provincials- 5 GP,5 G,3 A,8 P,2 PPG,0 SHG and 4 PIM

2) Zach Moody (F)
    Regular Season- 33 GP,30 G,30 A,60 P,2 PPG,1 SHG and 38 PIM
    Playoffs- 2 GP,4 G,1 A,5 P,0 PPG,0 SHG and 2 PIM
    Provincials- 5 GP,3 G,4 A,7 P,1 PPG,1 SHG and 14 PIM

3) Morgan Messenger (F)
    Regular Season- 31 GP,31 G,17 A,48 P,10 PPG,1 SHG and 38 PIM
    Playoffs- 2 GP,4 G,2 A,6 P,1 PPG,0 SHG and 0 PIM
    Provincials- 5 GP,3 G,4 A,7 P,1 PPG,0 SHG and 0 PIM

4) Grant Janes (F)
    Regular Season- 33 GP,17 G,20 A,37 P,0 PPG,1 SHG and 12 PIM
    Playoffs- 2 GP,1 G,1 A,2P,1 PPG,0 SHG and 0 PIM
    Provincials- 5 GP,2 G,5 A,7 P,0 PPG,0 SHG and 0 PIM

5) Alex Mann (D)
    Regular Season- 33 GP,7 G,22 A,29 P,4 PPG,0 SHG and 12 PIM
    Playoffs- 2 GP,0 G,3 A,3 P,0 PPG,0 SHG and 0 PIM
    Provincials- 5 GP,1 G,6 A,7 P,1 PPG,0 SHG and 2 PIM

Now there is a few other guys in the Major Bantam League who I like but these are my top 5 2nd year players who could potentially play Midget AAA next year. I may put up 5 more 2nd year guys later and then 5-10 1st year guys who you will want to watch out for next year.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

Dobber Sports Pro

Brendan Nickerson would be on this list as he is 2nd year Bantam aged but he made the U-16 team this year therefor he was allowed to play Midget AAA a year early. He is very good and had a very respectable year for a 14 year old playing Midget AAA.

Dobber Sports Pro

Does anyone know how those 5 guys #s compare to guys who made the QMJHL and just by looking at there stats what do you think there odds are of making Midget AAA?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by dodospice View Post
    Well after some digging I learned that Nic Blanchard was the last cut off the Team Nova Scotia Canada Games Squad. He would of done just fine there and he could of played Midget AAA this year had he made it. With the Major Bantam Leagues season coming to a close here is the final stats for 5 guys who interest me.

1) Nicholas Blanchard (F)
    Regular Season- 31 GP,49 G,20 A,69 P,9 PPG,2 SHG and 70 PIM
    Playoffs- 2 GP,2 G,4 A,6P,0 PPG,1 SHG and 2 PIM
    Provincials- 5 GP,5 G,3 A,8 P,2 PPG,0 SHG and 4 PIM

2) Zach Moody (F)
    Regular Season- 33 GP,30 G,30 A,60 P,2 PPG,1 SHG and 38 PIM
    Playoffs- 2 GP,4 G,1 A,5 P,0 PPG,0 SHG and 2 PIM
    Provincials- 5 GP,3 G,4 A,7 P,1 PPG,1 SHG and 14 PIM

3) Morgan Messenger (F)
    Regular Season- 31 GP,31 G,17 A,48 P,10 PPG,1 SHG and 38 PIM
    Playoffs- 2 GP,4 G,2 A,6 P,1 PPG,0 SHG and 0 PIM
    Provincials- 5 GP,3 G,4 A,7 P,1 PPG,0 SHG and 0 PIM

4) Grant Janes (F)
    Regular Season- 33 GP,17 G,20 A,37 P,0 PPG,1 SHG and 12 PIM
    Playoffs- 2 GP,1 G,1 A,2P,1 PPG,0 SHG and 0 PIM
    Provincials- 5 GP,2 G,5 A,7 P,0 PPG,0 SHG and 0 PIM

5) Alex Mann (D)
    Regular Season- 33 GP,7 G,22 A,29 P,4 PPG,0 SHG and 12 PIM
    Playoffs- 2 GP,0 G,3 A,3 P,0 PPG,0 SHG and 0 PIM
    Provincials- 5 GP,1 G,6 A,7 P,1 PPG,0 SHG and 2 PIM

Now there is a few other guys in the Major Bantam League who I like but these are my top 5 2nd year players who could potentially play Midget AAA next year. I may put up 5 more 2nd year guys later and then 5-10 1st year guys who you will want to watch out for next year.
    I've been to a few games and Janes isn't a top 5 player. Stats do not tell the whole story. You could be on a line with amazing players and score lots or be on a crappy line with players who cant score...

Just as a side note, Halifax Hawks won Provincials beating Western in the semi-finals and then won Bronze in Atlantics according to the NSMBHL website...

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fanofthegame1 View Post
    I've been to a few games and Janes isn't a top 5 player. Stats do not tell the whole story. You could be on a line with amazing players and score lots or be on a crappy line with players who cant score...

Just as a side note, Halifax Hawks won Provincials beating Western in the semi-finals and then won Bronze in Atlantics according to the NSMBHL website...
    Ive seen Janes play alot and he is good. His stats are actually worse then they should be. He played a good chunk of the year injured. Started the year terribley slow. He wasnt on a line with amazing players either. He did it mostly by himself. He played on the powerplay and penalty kill on 1 of the top teams in his league.

Halifax did win provincials but trust me they had no business doing so. Western and Valley should of been in the finals but it didnt work out that way. By no means am I trying to take away what Halifax did though. Good for them and this is the 3rd year in a row a Bantam AAA team from Halifax went to Atlantics. Good program obviously.

Dobber Sports Pro

Taylor Cammarata has no interest in playing for the Seattle Thunderbirds of the WHL unfortunatley.

Dobber Sports Pro

Taylor Cammarata was drafted 1st overall in the USHL draft and Nathan MacKinnon is ranked #1 in the QMJHL draft by CSR.

Dobber Sports Pro

Taylor Cammarata went 1st overall in the USHL draft and Nathan MacKinnon went 1st overall in the QMJHL draft. MacKinnon may not report to Baie-Comeau and may go the NCAA route...
    Cammarata can go to the Seattle Thunderbirds of the WHL if he wants to go the Major Junior route.
    MacKinnon can go to the Baie-Comeau Drakkars of the QMJHL if he wants to go the Major Junior route.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

McKinnon didn't even show up at the QMJHL draft so it's not looking good for Baie-Comeau

Dobber Sports Pro

I know he didnt show. Its interesting CHL would probably be best for him but who wants to play in Baie-Comeau surprised they didnt trade the pick and get some big assests for him. Or keep the pick and select a player you know WILL report. MacKinnon has the cards not Baie-Comeau.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I have to visit this remote place to see how what the big deal is all about.

Suck it up kid and report unless your true intentions were to take the NCAA route.

Dobber Sports Pro

I think he should suck it up but at the same time I'm sure he wants to go to a english speaking school. If thats not possible then he would need to suck it up or find a way to make it work. He has come out and said the teams he would play for I cant remember them all but Cape Breton,Halifax,Saint John and Rimouski were among them. If he goes to Baie-Comeau he could make them great! Or he could fizzle out but if hes serious about hockey he should strongly consider it because he wont go a full 4 years at college if he is. If he always wanted to go NCAA then that is fine go that route if not then suck it up and report. If all he wants is his rights traded then I'm sure it will be done if not this year then next year. Play a year of USHL then go NCAA or play 2 years of CHL or play USHL then CHL if his rights are traded. Its an option.

Dobber Sports Pro

So Nathan MacKinnon has been traded to Halifax? I'm assuming this means he reports to the QMJHL