Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nathan MacKinnon,Taylor Cammarata,Luc Deschesne.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default They are all good Bantam players

I am from Halifax, I like all these players, Midget is definately a big jump for a few of them unless they do some growing this spring and summer, but offensively Blanchard is really good, and Messenger is a more complete player I believe I would rather have Messenger on my team but Blanchard willl get more points. As far as the Mustangs being terrible the Valley is terrible as well so there will be lots of spots opening up for new players next year. If Shatford and Janes grow they will be great 2nd year midgets but will need some time to develop into the success they are having this year. I believe Shatford has a late december birthday so it will be interesting to watch them. I know Shatford and Messenger as well as Blanchard and Moody are front and center whenever they come to play us.

Really like this forum lots of good reading on here.

Dobber Sports Pro

I know Janes is born in November. Blanchard I think is as good an all around player as Messenger if not better, his offensive ceiling is higher too. The Valley Wildcats are starting to come around so I wouldnt be so surprised if they didnt get as much ice time as expected. Messenger is a good played though no doubt. Id still rather have Moody and Blanchard over Messenger but he is #3 no doubt. Shatford and Janes could both make Midget AAA if they grow they are both really good hockey players. Janes use to live in Saskatchewan and he made the Provincial team out there if that means anything.
    Id rank them
    1)Blanchard
    2)Moody
    3)Messenger
    4)Janes
    5)Shatford
    All real good players but Ive seen Janes play for years and I know what he can do Shatford might be as good but I havent seen enough of him
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Pro

Cammarata has his rights owned by the Seattle Thunderbirds of the WHL. He has been in talks with North Dakota,Minnesota, and Boston College just to name a few schools.

H0ckey- Colton Parsons would of been in the Q this year if he had of played Midget AAA the 1st year he made it. He played 2 years of high school tore it up now hes playing Midget AAA and tearing it up. Ive heard rumours the Moncton Wildcats signed Parsons but im not sure

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Dodospice - Here is a piece on your boy MacKinnon

http://theqall-access.blogspot.com/2....html?spref=tw

I don't speak french but you can here MacKinnon answer in english

Dobber Sports Pro

thanks dude really good piece....what i could understand anyways

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I just saw on TSN that Nathan MacKinnon potted 3goals and 2 assists at the Winter games today.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Alex Forsberg got off to a slow start in the Sask AAA midget league, then he got hurt. He has, however, been red hot of late. Based on what he did last year though, I gotta think he has taken a little step back.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    I just saw on TSN that Nathan MacKinnon potted 3goals and 2 assists at the Winter games today.
    NS has one of the best teams Ive ever seen them put out UNFORTUNATLEY they are in a pretty tough division but Nathan MacKinnon is a really good player and Curtis Lazar is a really good player never knew he was this good.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Great thread Dodo...Deschenes and Mackinnon are certainly getting a lot of exposure as of late. I am more familiar with Deschenes as I see a lot of him. It will definitely be interesting to see how he progresses over the next few years. He will no doubt benefit from playing at the Games this past week and with the Midget team. He is just too talented to grow much more at the Bantam level. Anybody see him at the Games? I was supposed to go but got snowed in NB. Got as much as I could out of the online stream but fairly poor quality. From what I saw he seemed to fit in. Just could not quite do the things he is used to be able to do in Bantam....can't worry too much about that.
    One correction though Dodo...he is 185lbs (I know I'm getting picky on such a good thread haha). He's a big boy with a ton of power. Makes defenders and goalies look ridiculous in Bantam. Keep an eye on him fellas.
    Cheers
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Padawan

To add...there is a decent article from a northern NB paper with a Q scout comparing Deschenes and Luc Bourdon (May he rest in peace). I'll try and dig it up and post it.
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw20 View Post
    To add...there is a decent article from a northern NB paper with a Q scout comparing Deschenes and Luc Bourdon (May he rest in peace). I'll try and dig it up and post it.
    If you can dig it up thatd be great,id love to read it and yes Luc Bourdon rest in peace. What did we expect from him at a tournament with guys 2 years older then him? Bantam is too easy and the stuff he could do there doesnt work for him against these guys as good but he is a VERY talented kid. I enjoy watching him play and hope he goes far. MacKinnon is doing not as well as I hoped but for the team hes on and who hes played I guess I cant say im surprised.

Dobber Sports Pro

he is also playing against guys up to 3 years older then him i just double checked at the canada games,hes played some Midget AAA games already and the Canada Games website says he is 84.1 kg,which is about 170ish pounds? without me doing the math.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw20 View Post
    Great thread Dodo...Deschenes and Mackinnon are certainly getting a lot of exposure as of late. I am more familiar with Deschenes as I see a lot of him. It will definitely be interesting to see how he progresses over the next few years. He will no doubt benefit from playing at the Games this past week and with the Midget team. He is just too talented to grow much more at the Bantam level. Anybody see him at the Games? I was supposed to go but got snowed in NB. Got as much as I could out of the online stream but fairly poor quality. From what I saw he seemed to fit in. Just could not quite do the things he is used to be able to do in Bantam....can't worry too much about that.
    One correction though Dodo...he is 185lbs (I know I'm getting picky on such a good thread haha). He's a big boy with a ton of power. Makes defenders and goalies look ridiculous in Bantam. Keep an eye on him fellas.
    Cheers
    I wasnt even trying to get this many responses going,to be honest lol i was just trying to get the word out there for some guys ive seen play around here. im glad it has got up to what almost 30 responses though which means some people have interest in it.

Dobber Sports Pro

PERSONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS INCLUDE PLAYING 1 YEAR PEE WEE AAA , PLAYING BANTAM AAA AS AN UNDERAGE , AFFILIATING WITH MIDGET AAA AT 13 AND MAKING CANADA GAMES TEAM AS A DOUBLE UNDERAGE.
    Just seen this.

Dobber Sports Padawan

[QUOTE=dodospice;661284]If you can dig it up thatd be great,id love to read it

Here is a copy and pasted version of the article. The article was originally in French and this one is VERY ROUGHLY translated. Still fairly legible though. Enjoy

"A real gem lies currently in the provincial capital.
    Although only 13 years old, defenseman Luc Deschênes is already salivating recruiters.
    In fact, it's not just recruiters QMJHL following his progress, but also those who are employed by NHL teams.
    According to many, Deschenes is the kind of player you see once every 10 years.
    Some even argue that it is already ahead of the late Luc Bourdon at the same age.
    The skater from 5 feet 10 inches and 180 pounds evolves with the Fredericton Canadiens, the league of the New Brunswick Bantam AAA Hockey.
    A nice compliment, considering the immense talent of the former player of the Moncton Wildcats and the Vancouver Canucks.
    "This is a guy who has a good physique and has an exceptional skating," says the director of recruiting Wildcats Peter Nevin.
    "He also has a very good vision and good hands," he adds
    According to many, Deschênes could become first choice in the LHJMQ in two years.
    "If he was eligible for the draft today, it would undoubtedly be selected in the first five rounds," says Nevin.
    "It has quite a potential. I even think that it is still better than Luc Bourdon at 13 years, "
    "It was his first year at Bantam, but his skill level would allow him to play in the Midget AAA when we speak," says former player Los Angeles Kings.
    Despite the praise, the main person prefers to keep both feet on the ground.
    "I do not want to look too far ahead. To tell you the truth, I did not really even think about my future, "says Luc Deschênes.
    The defender does not know yet if will follow the path of the LHJMQ or if he looks more toward the United States.
    "I will probably have several options to consider when the time comes to make a decision," said No. 22 Canadians.
    For now, the young man prefers to focus on his team in Fredericton.
    "I consider myself primarily an offensive defenseman, but I am also able to play well defensively as it is a very important aspect of the game," he says.
    "I have a very good shot and I skate well. My height also helps each party to stay out, "also mentions the gifted.
    In a few weeks, Team New Brunswick will participate in the Canada Games in Halifax that will benefit from his talent.
    "This is my next big goal," he says.
    "I want to do well, but I especially want to help my team to win"
    Such an attitude will make a player Luc Deschênes highly sought in two years.
    Briefly ... In 16 games this season, Luc Deschênes has an impressive record of 13 - 12 = 25, and more than 50 penalty minutes ... His idol is Dion Phaneuf, the Maple Leafs. "It has always been my favorite He has a good shot and he skates well and he distributes large body checks," he says"

G) Rask, Jones