Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nathan MacKinnon,Taylor Cammarata,Luc Deschesne.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Nathan MacKinnon,Taylor Cammarata,Luc Deschesne.

For anybody out there who can draft kids before there draft year I'd draft Nathan Mackinnon. Hes a projected top 5 pick in 2013 and is being hyped as the best thing from the Maritimes since Sidney Crosby. His stats are pretty good too.
    When Nathan was 12 he had 110 points palying for Cole Harbour Bantam AAA.
    When he was 13 he had 145 points playing for Cole Harbour Bantam AAA.
    When he was 14 he had 101 points in 58 games playing for Shattuck-Saint Mary's Bantam Tier 1 in the USHS.
    This year he is 15 and has 51 points in 21 games playing for Shattuck-Saint Mary's U-16 team. He is the 3rd leading scorer on his team despite being the 2nd youngest player.
    He also played for Team Atlantic at the U-17 and had 8 points in 5 games and he was the 2nd youngest player at the tournament.
    Now I know it might be too early to hype him but he is 5'11 and 175lbs and is going to be the #1 pick in the QMJHL draft.
    I think this kid is going to be the real deal.

His teammate Taylor Cammarata is the leading scorer on his team. Now unfortunatley I know less about him but can still give you some insight onto how good he is.
    When he was 14 he had 170 points in 58 games playing for Shattuck-Saint Mary's Tier 1 in the USHS.
    This year he is 15 and has 85 points in 30 games playing for Shattuck-Saint Mary's U-16 team.
    He is from Minnesota so I expect him to go the College Route. The downside is he is only 5'9 and 155lbs and hes 15 years old so he might not be able to play against bigger,stronger,faster players. I hope he does because he has the skill to be a good player but he just might not be able to do it.

Luc Deschesne is a 13 year old kid from Fredericton. Now its crazy to say this but hes better then Brandon Gormley was at the same age. Luc is 5'11 and 160lbs. He has 25 points in 16 games. It may not sound all that impressive but when you look a little deeper it is quite impressive. Now despite being 13 years old he has played 3 games with the Fredericton Canadiens of the NBPEIMMHL. He played in the Atlantic Canada Cup on the U-16 team for New Brunswick when he should of been on the U-14 team. He was also the #1 defenceman on that team over Matt Murphy who played on the U-17 Atlantic team. His job at the Atlantic Canada Cup against team Nova Scotia was too contain Nathan MacKinnon and he did a very good job of it. That was the first time a 13 year old ever played on a U-16 team at the Atlantic Canada Cup not even Sidney Crosby did it. He is also on the Team New Brunswick Canada Games Roster despite being a 97 born and it being a 95 born tournament. He will also most likely be on the U-17 Team Atlantic next year as a 14 year old he is that good. One scout even had him ranked in the 1st round of the QMJHL draft this year before he realized he was a 97 born.

Now nothing is set in stone for these kids seeing as how they are just 13-15 years of age but if they continue like they are they have a very good chance of being some of the top players in there age group especially MacKinnon and Deschesne. MacKinnon is one of the best prospects from Nova Scotia ever and Duschesne is one of the best from New Brunswick ever and thats saying alot for these two kids.

Two guys who play in the NSMBHL who are pretty good and have a great shot to be drafted in the QMJHL draft next year are Zach Moody and Nic Blanchard.

Nic Blanchard is the Captain of the Kings Mutual Century Center Wildcats and is the leading scorer in the NSMBHL. He has 42 points in 21 games and is the leading scorer in the league with 29 goals. He played for Acadia Bantam AAA last year and was one of the leading scorers. He is a lock to make the Valley Wildcats Midget AAA team next year.

Zach Moody is the other star player on the Kings Mutual Century Center Wildcats and he is 2nd in scoring in the NSMBHL with 38 points in 23 games. He is also 3rd in the league in goals scored with 20. He played for the Western Valley Bantam AAA team last year and is a lock to make the Valley Wildcats Midget AAA team next year.

Now neither of these 2 guys are on the level of the other 3 but they have a shot to be pretty good players in the NSMMHL and possible get drafted into the QMJHL. For those of you who dont know what the NSMBHL is it has replaced the AAA system in Nova Scotia so now its the truly elite players getting onto the teams with only 12 Major Bantam teams in all of Nova Scotia.

http://nsmbhl.goalline.ca/

There is a link to the league so you can all check it out yourself.

Hope you enjoy the read,
    dodospice.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Wow we are scouting bantam and midget 2013 draft eligible players now for fantasy related purposes ayt dobberhockey. Haha. Scouting is one of my favourite things to do so thanks for the heads up on thse kids.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Wow we are scouting bantam and midget 2013 draft eligible players now for fantasy related purposes ayt dobberhockey. Haha. Scouting is one of my favourite things to do so thanks for the heads up on thse kids.
    Haha the only reason I put these kids on here is because I wanted to give some of the guys with leagues to draft early to pick them up. Id say Nathan MacKinnon is the best one of them all at 15. Deschesne is up there and could be the best but at 13 you dont know what kinds of things he will get into in the next few years. Cammarata is a guy who has more points then MacKinnon so I figured he should be included his size is a little skeptical though. Moody and Blanchard are long shots but trust me they got skill I live right where there team is based and they are the best players in the NSMBHL by far. If they have good years in Major Midget or can score at almost a ppg they should get drafted into the QMJHL. Blanchard will no doubt make Midget AAA and should be one of the top 95 players in the NSMMHL next year and with the Valley Wildcats being so weak he should get a chance to shine and with 6 forwards leaving it shouldnt hurt. Moody is a good player and will also make the Valley Wildcats but I just dont know how many young forwards they will take. If he doesnt make it though he will play most likely play for his High School Team in Middleton. Its a shame some of these kids dont make it or do make it but arent happy with there ice time and quit.
    Colton Parsons for example made the team at 15 but didnt play because he was only going to get 3rd line minutes. The kid is so good though he could of worked his way up the lines in a hurry. He played for West Kings District High and was one of there best players. Last year he again played for West Kings District High and was the best player in the Valley High School League by far. This year he finally decided to play for them and is 4th in the league in scoring and has 25 goals in 30 games. Now if he had of played the other 2 years who knows where this kid would of been today.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

Dobber Sports Pro

If he is 4th in NSMMHL scoring how far ahead would he of been if he played High School this year?
    http://nsmmhl.com/ Theres the link for the NSMMHL.

Dobber Sports Pro

No one besides Dean? Come on guys I thought youd be all over this.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Too young. We aren't even talking about the 2012 draft class yet. Give it a year or two. Thanks for the heads up though

Dobber Sports Pro

Haha Dean it is a little young but I figured some of you guys would of heard of Nathan MacKinnon atleast.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by dodospice View Post
    Haha Dean it is a little young but I figured some of you guys would of heard of Nathan MacKinnon atleast.
    I have and now others have. But he's playing against bantam aged players. His true test will be the next level.

Are you his agent? or nathan mackinnon himself?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    I have and now others have. But he's playing against bantam aged players. His true test will be the next level.

Are you his agent? or nathan mackinnon himself?
    He is playing against Midget aged players but I understand what your saying. If he can put up points in the Q next year then he will be highly sought after. Im not his agent lol itd be cool if I was though and Im neither Nathan MacKinnon

The Great One

MacKinnon has been on my radar for two years now. He is special and I think either he or Alex Forsberg will go first overall in 2013. Both Forsberg and MacKinnon will be playing CHL hockey next year, so they will start getting more buzz then.

It is never too early to start talking about these kids. Look at what Yakupov, Galchenyuk, and Frk are doing this year in the CHL? MacKinnon and Forsberg could be doing the same thing next year. Although most people in hockey pools won't be drafting anyone 3 years away, some of us do. And even if you don't draft these kids, if you know about them well in advance you can buy tickets to watch them play when they visit your home town and get some advanced scouting in.

Dobber Sports Pro

Next year when MacKinnon is in the QMJHL I will be heading in too Halifax to see him whenever I get the chance.
    Deschesne I will see play more if hes down this way for a tournament or when he makes the Q.
    Moody and Blanchard I see now they wont go anywheres but there the best Bantam players around here.
    Cammarata is the only one I wont get too see.

I might see MacKinnon and Deschesne if I head to the Canada Games and Moody and Blanchard I can see play everyday week.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Luckily, I get to watch Yakupov and Galchenyuk quite often in Sarnia.

If you like electrifying players, you will LOVE Yakupov.

Dobber Sports Recruit

2 other players in the NSMBHL to look out for are Morgan Messenger and Josh Shatford
    who play on the BMO Western Huricanes team They are in the top of the league in points
    as well as play on the top penalty kill line in the league. Messenger and Shatford both have great heads for the game and lots of skill. This team also has 2 of the top D-men in the province with Mann and Jollimore. Of course we are talking about 96 kids so another year can make a huge difference with these kids.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by H0ckey View Post
    2 other players in the NSMBHL to look out for are Morgan Messenger and Josh Shatford
    who play on the BMO Western Huricanes team They are in the top of the league in points
    as well as play on the top penalty kill line in the league. Messenger and Shatford both have great heads for the game and lots of skill. This team also has 2 of the top D-men in the province with Mann and Jollimore. Of course we are talking about 96 kids so another year can make a huge difference with these kids.
    Ive seen Morgan Messenger play, he is a VERY good player just I dont see him being as good in Midget AAA next year like I do Moody and Blanchard but Morgan might get a good shot since he will be playing for the South Shore Mustangs and they are brutal only time will tell. Shatford is a good player too but way too small to play Midget AAA next year. Jollimore is good, outstanding offensive skills, defence needs work but itll come, hes also small and might get beat around against the bigger guys. Mann im not sold on, good skill,nice size just something about him i dont like.
    Would these guys look as good if they played on lesser teams though? Im not so sure. They sure do have alot of help.
    Colby Tower is amazing but hes too small at 5'5 but he is only a 1st year bantam player.
    What part of the province are you from? And who do you see being better next year Blanchard,Moody or Messenger? Im going with Blanchard, he leads the league in points this year, has most goals and he finished 2nd in the Bantam AAA mainland league last year in points as a 1st year, Moody finished 4th.

Dobber Sports Pro

Another good player is Grant Janes, he got off to a rough start but hes tearing it up now and you couldnt find a better kid as far as working hard and being a leader goes. Again hes small at 5'5 but he is training and working out so he may grow more and get bigger by next year and if he does look out cause hes a very good player.