Thread: Osgood a hall of famer?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Osgood a hall of famer?

Hi,

I live in Windsor so I listen to Detroit sports radio often. Recently with Osgood getting 400 wins the talk has been about whether or not he's a hall of famer. Anyone who listens to Detroit radio (especially Pat Caputo) knows that they are homers and all they can say is "How is he not a hall of famer?". I'm counting on Dobber Nation to bring some logic to this debate. Am I wrong in thinking that just because he got 400 wins does not make him a hall of famer? Wins in hockey to me should be a team stat, not the goalie. I believe a goalie has less impact on whether a team wins or loses than say, a pitcher has in baseball. Apart from that Osgood has never been considered among the elite goalies at any point in his career. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure he's never been nominated for the vezina. He has been nominated for a Conn Smythe and I will give you that he has been a good clutch performer but for most of his career he hasn't been considered the elite goalie on his own team. His best statistical season, the one Caputo points to all the time he had a 209 GAA and .914 save percentage but he played in only 43 GAMES! Please tell me if I'm off base on this. If I try calling one of the radio show in Detroit they will hang up on me and call me a hockey elitist from Toronto.

Dobber Sports Stud

There was another thread about this several days ago.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...ghlight=osgood

I still say no. He's not an all-time great.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Not a chance. None. Zip.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Bonafide, stone cold hall of famer
    GO WINGS!