Thread: Marc Andre Bergeron's upside

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Marc Andre Bergeron's upside

I used my waiver wire priority (even though I didn't need to) to pick him up last night as I am pretty thin at D.

Despite his statsheet, I'm not too familiar with him...Do you think he will be productive from a fantasy standpoint? I read somewhere that plans are for him to be eventually on the top D-line in a Tampa system that dresses 7 d-men. And also get some good PP time at the point to boot with his huge shot.

Dobber Sports Star

Great grab. Believe me, you will start getting trade offers for him very soon. I have sat on MAB all year and now it should pay off big time. The guy is pure offense. 42 goals and over 100 points in his last junior year as a D man?!?!

He has a history with coach Boucher (6 pts in 3 games) and will fit in very well with TB's system. He will be used pretty much exclusively on the PP and should do what he always does - put up numbers. He is extra valuable in leagues like yours that do not count +/-. He is in pretty much the perfect situation and I think he will be utilized very well in TB. Look how great he did last year in pressure packed MTL.

I can see him getting 8-10 goals and 15-20 assists if he thrives. Should really help you if you are contending, and could be a real nice asset to move to a contender if you are not. Either way, a very nice grab.

GL
    Last edited by loco man; January 7, 2011 at 3:38 PM.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Guru

he could be a very good pickup but just keep in mind he probably wont be on TB roster for another 3 weeks or so. If he gels with the PP it could make it even more deadly. I figure we see him beginning of February which would give him at the most 31 games (TB will have played 51 games by end of Jan) so I would plan for about 5-8 goals and and 15-20 assists.

Dobber Sports Genius

50 point pace scorer..goal-heavy as well for a d-man

Dobber Sports Icon

Never come close to 50 pts. I think 15-20pts in the final 30 games are realistic. Maybe.

He's a solid pickup

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Never come close to 50 pts. I think 15-20pts in the final 30 games are realistic. Maybe.

He's a solid pickup
    He said a 50 point pace, so like your projection, around 18 points in those 30 games. I hope you both are right considering I managed to get him off waivers in my deep 20 team points league.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I was thinking about picking him up in a salary cap keeper league. He's cheap but I'm worried the same thing happens as last year. He has no contract at the beginning of next year and only joins a team halfway in the season.

Anyone think theirs a chance he might get another contract to stay in Tampa next year.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by bigs_biggie View Post
    I was thinking about picking him up in a salary cap keeper league. He's cheap but I'm worried the same thing happens as last year. He has no contract at the beginning of next year and only joins a team halfway in the season.

Anyone think theirs a chance he might get another contract to stay in Tampa next year.

I was thinking the same thing. I left him on the WW for someone else to claim (didn't want to use my #1 priority), but when no one else took him I convinced myself that he was worth the chance as a FA.
    If he does well in TB then you would think they'd keep him around next season if the price is right. I'm looking at this as a try out for next year and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works out like I am hoping it will.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Never come close to 50 pts.
    ...he had 46 points in 78 games in 06/07.....I'd say that definitely constitutes 'coming close' to 50 pts.

He also played at a 46 pt pace last year.
    12 Team Roto $ League
    **G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, **

C- Stamkos, Backstrom
    RW - Gaborik, Vrbata
    LW - Parise, Sharp
    D - Karlsson, Oliver-Ekman Larsson, Edler, Gudas
    Util - Landeskog

B- Ott, Burrows, Timmonen

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Antrocop View Post
    ...he had 46 points in 78 games in 06/07.....I'd say that definitely constitutes 'coming close' to 50 pts.

He also played at a 46 pt pace last year.
    My bad Im just not overly high on him. He's decent, More of a 30-35pt guy.