Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ellis vs Del Zotto

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by KoHolga View Post
    Nice arguement not anymore ahahha....

MDZ is better imo to in his own end... Ellis didnt looks great defensively in the world jr and he has had a tons of exp ther already.... MDZ is playing agianst the best in the world... Not fair compo... Well sorry was playing against but mdz imo is better in his own end and the only thing that ellis beats him at his his booming shot... I just think mdz will be a better defenseman in the nhl than ellis will be
    But it's not like MDZ has ever really looked great either in teh NHL. And I didn't think Ellis looked bad in his own zone in the WJC. Granted, it is a weaker stage, but he wasn't horrible. And remember, MDZ wasn't that good defensively in junior either, and MDZ is a year older.

I just think Ellis has better hockey sense, can move the puck better, and has more skill. And, I would have said this before WJC.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by slufoot View Post
    Give me MDZ as well. Those hyping Ellis after his WJC need to remember that it was his 3rd and he was there as a 20 yr old, he SHOULD look dominant.

I think Ellis ends up production-wise being somewhere between K.Russell and A.Pietrangelo. But who knows how long it takes him to break through in Nashville - even if he does he's #3. Weber's the captain and Suter is the best defenseman on the team.
    um i dont think were basing it on that at all. weve seen his development. he just keeps getting better. AS Dean said this Kid shouldnt be playing in JR anymore.