Thread: GM spot open in IcyGrail Dynasty League

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default GM spot open in IcyGrail Dynasty League

The Grail is a 16 team advanced dynasty league now in its 5th year. We currently have one spot available. We had a GM that is blessed with a new baby while starting his own business, so he had to resign as GM of the Maroons team. We have one Asst GM, but he has a good working relationship with his GM and decided to stay in his current position. So, we need someone looking for a real challenge. Looking for someone with the following traits.
    Activity. Someone that has the time to learn a new league. I would provide coaching and strategy tips in the early going, but I need someone receptive and willing to immerse themselves into the league. Once you are at a good comfort level, then it becomes much easier.
    Knowledge. Looking for someone familiar with roto and H2H formats, as well as functions of an actual NHL GM...such as managing a salary cap, offersheets, free agency, and arbitration.
    Communication. The league is designed for player movement. The GM's that are available via email throughout the day, do better in this league format. It doesn't mean we don't take GM's that don't have regular access, but it certainly helps because trade negotiations often take multiple emails.
    Prospect knowledge is a plus, but if you're not prospect savvy, you can learn with just a little bit of research.
    Daily lineups. I check my league and stats daily...everyday, except maybe on vacations.
    The league also has functions throughout the offseason...such as offersheets in May and arbitration and draft in August. Each function lasts about 3 to 4 weeks...all of our functions are slow moving to afford ample time for each GM to have full participation.
    Professionalism. This is a must. It is expected that each GM in the Grail respect each other and represent themselves as an NHL GM would.
    The League is held at CBS. The league website is IcyGrail.com; the league rules are posted here.
    There is an annual fee of $9. This is to help pay for the CBS Commissioner and IcyGrail Website. The fee isn't actually due until after the new GM has passed the probation period, which is used to make sure you like the league and that you are a right fit for the Grail.
    If you want an opinion of another GM in the league, you can ask duballstar; he is one of the GM's currently in the Grail.

Check out the site and if you are interested, drop me an email:
    [email protected]

Thank you,
    Joe
    Commish of the Grail

I'm interested. Doing some research now.

Accepting candidates for the position until tomorrow morning, the 6th. It's not first come first serve...we try to choose the best fit for the league.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default dynasty league

Did you already fill your vacant spot in your league?

Hi Dude. The spot has been taken, but the GM is still in the probationary stage. Which means he could still find the league is too complex for his liking and resign. If you shoot me your email, I can keep you posted.