Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DOBBER-KARMA POINTS

Dobber Sports Sage

Default DOBBER-KARMA POINTS

Dobber, I really enjoy your site and enjoy giving and taking fantasy hockey knowledge...

BUT, I dont like how anyone (ie. my fantasy rival) can just sign in and simply dock me a karma point for no reason whatsoever...I dont think ive given bad information at any one point in time on your site and Im just wondering if you have the power to get me back up to 0 at least or, if you could, the +6 I was at one point in time (ie. a week ago before my buddy/rival annoyingly/grudgingly docked me serious karma points just because he thought it was funny)...I would seriously appreciate it since , with bad karma, no one will take my advise seriously...and I know I have a lot to offer to your site.

Thanks,
    Ben
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Jeez, thats actually a pretty funny idea! hahaha, i\'ll boost you up one!

Dobber Sports Sage

Thanks, but I\'m not asking for karma out of pity.

I would like to earn my karma by giving solid fantasy information, thoughts, and ideas.

I just want to see Dobber\'s opinion on this serious, yet, I suppose, funny, issue.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

you\'re not serious right? i hope you\'ve been drinking

Dobber Sports Apprentice

is anyone actually influenced by karma points anyways?
    they are nice to have, but its not going to make or break my decision to take or not take your advice
    Member since '07... Still looking for 1K posts...
    Inagural Dobberhockey WJC Pool Champ

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think you are right miked

I...am your father.

I don\'t like seeing anyone with a negative Karma because to me that indicates a spammer, or someone who never says or does anything positive. When I see stuff like it that I generally overcompensate in the other direction, so all you do if you make a person a -4 is in effect you give them extra Karma, because if I see it that is how I handle it.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Padawan

First off this is kinda funny. I don\'t think anyone really pays too much attention to it. I disagree with you though Dobber. It make the Karma Points completly pointless is you just add whatever you want when you want. I would like to think that if you say something that is negative or a low blow to someone the only way to handle it without stooping to their level is to use the point system you put into place. You completly discredit the system that you have set up by rewarding people based on complaining or negative feedback to your forum members. I know several times when the person on here complaining was very disrespectful to several forum members including myself. You can see for yourself by looking back.... Anyone who acts like that and treats people like that should have negative karma because they bring nothing postive to this great site. My thoughts are if you are negative you deserve negative. Shouldnt be rewarded for being a complainer.
    C- TAVARES, Wennberg , Thornton, Monahan
    LW- Ehlers, JvR , Landeskog, Fabbri
    RW- KANE, TARASENKO, Pastrnak, Atkinson
    D- Schultz, Werenski, Krug, KARLSSON
    G- PRICE, Fleury, Helly, Crawford, Howard, Mrazek, Darling
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

9 Team Keeper League Keep 5 any position with a max of 1 goalie
    G(+10) A(+5) +/-(1) GWG(+5) PPG(+2.5) SHG(+5) W(+15) L(-5) SO(+20) (+.5)PIM

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Two thoughts Flyer

First in defense of Dobber he doesn\'t have the time in the threads that we do and so it is hard for him to see the root cause. He reacts as any service provider would to a customer - do what you can to keep him. Unfortunely the set-up is poor because the approach here really begs for only a positive karma button.

Second, doesn\'t it seem obvious to you that the guys getting doses of negative karma don\'t get the message anyway? So what\'s the point? Illusions of control. Never been a fan of karma and am on record as saying so at it\'s inception - however it\'s there and I participate in it - but only positively.

However, I am totally with you about the issues of respecting others. To now I have been very pleased with the \'culture\' in these forums. I hope it prevails. However, we have the ultimate control - if the garbage starts to stink too much we can move on. The forums are only a part of Dobber Hockey .

Dobber Sports Padawan

I agree shoeless. It is a flawed system. I think it should be all or nothing though. If Dobber wants to add a huge amount to people than it should be checked into why it was negative to begin with. If its warranted than put his karma back to 0 with a warning that if you talk disrespectful to people this will not be reset again. I understand if he doesnt have the time than nothing all should done. But to be talked down to like a child and then getting rewarded 15 points just seems like a flawed system, just my opinion. I think it should be monitored on reasons why and if no time to do so then leave it be. Positive karma will come if u are positive.
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

I...am your father.

Every so often I check all negative Karmas for a reason. I often find one, but never once see a reason for the Karma to be negative. Sometimes the person is being a little too harsh, but that just means his Karma should be zero.
    Ben did not deserve the minus-4 I saw him with.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Padawan

Dobber wrote:
    [quote]Every so often I check all negative Karmas for a reason. I often find one, but never once see a reason for the Karma to be negative. Sometimes the person is being a little too harsh, but that just means his Karma should be zero.Ben did not deserve the minus-4 I saw him with.[/ok]

I agree -4 is just someone being foolish. But +11 doesnt make sense. His own admission he was only 6. All and all it doesnt matter just seems odd thats all. I will be the first to admit I have gibin bad karma but it was always deserving. In this case it has just gotten out of hand. Karma doesnt prove how good someone is at FH. Just a fun rewarding thing for good advice or something humorous.
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

Dobber Sports Padawan

I have no idea why my post did that.....sorry guys
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

Dobber Sports Expert

personally i find karma to be meaningless, but just to point out, the thread starter in this case lost a lot of karma last week for being disrespectful to another forum member asking for help, I don\'t know where this \'rival\' story came from - claiming to be the victim of one person taking all your karma doesn\'t make sense in any case since you can only affect karma once every 6 hours.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah it all happened in about 15 minutes and it wasn\'t an isolated incident by the way. Other forum members were speaking.