Thread: Jovanovski

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Jovanovski

Do you guys think he's a good candidate to get moved at the deadline? He's in the last year of his contract and he's being used less and less by Phoenix on the PP. He seems like a guy that could really benefit being moved to a contender and placed back on some other PP.

They wouldn't get a lot for him, but I can't see them re-signing him too quickly either.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Pro

Haven't considered Jovo moving at the deadline but I guess it's possible. A big injury to a PP Dman on a contending team would greatly facilitate this move. SJ may be looking to make this move very soon, they miss Blake.
    Frankly I'm expecting McCabe to be the higher profile D that could be moved by the deadline but Jovo fits that bill as well.

Dobber Sports Expert

You need players like Jovo to win the cup, but i doubt that any contending team can take his 6 million $ salary.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    You need players like Jovo to win the cup, but i doubt that any contending team can take his 6 million $ salary.
    Yeah I doubt it, Phoenix is pretty good anyway.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    That's the biggest thing... NYI, that's about it but no reason for them to take him.

Dobber Sports Icon

well we have to remember it will only be a fraction of that 6mil if hes moved. So it is possible.

I think Lobo said it best:

Haven't considered Jovo moving at the deadline but I guess it's possible. A big injury to a PP Dman on a contending team would greatly facilitate this move. SJ may be looking to make this move very soon, they miss Blake.
    Frankly I'm expecting McCabe to be the higher profile D that could be moved by the deadline but Jovo fits that bill as well.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    well we have to remember it will only be a fraction of that 6mil if hes moved. So it is possible.

I think Lobo said it best:
    Yeah, he's UFA at the end of the season, so I'm sure his contract won't be a major issue. A great rental player that seems like a good fit for a number of teams.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev