The UHL currently has one team up for grab. We are a very deep and competitive 15-team keeper league in its second year.

First, the Good:

Their entry fee for this year is paid ($30) and there is still a chance for a playoff prize (70$) if you can you qualify for our playoffs (and win the playoffs based on the points accumulated by any 5 players on your roster). In order to qualify for the playoffs you would have to get up to 12th place in the regular season (team is currently 15th).

Also, the current group of GMs all appear to be committed. Many teams appear to have a long-term plan in place, and overall the league is active and amicable. Apart from this particular team, I believe the league is very strong going forward.

Now, the Bad:

The team that is currently available is in last place, and has no 1st round pick next year. From my estimation, it probably has the weakest set of players and no real standout prospects. Quite honestly, it is in need of a massive overhaul and patience.

The Format:

The scoring system is roto-style hosted by Yahoo with 6 categories: G, A, P, PIM, PPP and SV%. Starting lineups consist of 10 Forwards, 5 Defensemen, and up to 4 Goalies (though many teams only need to carry 2-3 since Sv% is the only goalie stat). There are also 3 bench spots available and 3 IR slots in necessary. Teams can protect 17 players from year to year.

The league was a great success in our first year! It was very active, with well over 500 transactions in its first season. The UHL has an extensive set of rules and a board of Governors to ensure longevity and fairness. The full set of rules can be viewed on our official website uhl.peatrc.com.

The UHL's prize structure is as follows:
Total Pot: $30 x 15 teams = $450
Regular Season:
1st place $160
2nd place $120
3rd place $70
Playoff winner: $70 (please check the UHL website for details on how playoff points are calculated)
Player owning the Calder winner (Rookie of the Year): $30

Current rosters can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...thkey=CLSM-tsF

The available team is currently called "The Hitmen".

Use the 'contact the commish' link on uhl.peatrc.com if you're interested or have any questions and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Happy New Year,

Pete