Thread: Keith?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Keith?

Was last year an anomaly for keith? Is he more realistically a 50 pt d-man, and not a 60+ pt guy?
    16 Team H2H Full Keeper: G, A, Pts, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, FW, GAA, SV%, W, SV, SO
    Start: 4c, 4lw, 4rw, 6d, 2g, 8 bench

Center: Eichel, Scheifele, Nelson, Pirri
    Left Wing: Huberdeau, Hoffman (C/LW), Maroon, Soderberg (C/LW)
    Right Wing: Kessel, Little (C/RW), Nyquist (C/RW), Zucarrello (LW/RW)
    Defense: Karlsson, Carlson, Savard, Stone, Petry, McNabb
    Goalie: Bishop, Anderson, Raanta
    Bench: Lander, JT Miller, Eakin, Gerbe (C/LW), Dorsett, Jurco, Coyle (C/RW)

Farm: Gormley, S. Morin, Paquette, Weal, Poirier, Vesey, Goldobin, Fiala, Sprong, Copp, Griffith, Stolarz (G), Visentin (G), Bibeau (G), S. Williams (G)

Dobber Sports Stud

I think you're dead-on. He doesn't score enough on the power play to be a 60-point guy. He had 48 at even strength last season, which was eight more than any other d-man in the league. Five more shorthanded, which also led all d-men. Everything went right for the Hawks last season, including Keith. He's had his career year.

Dobber Sports Icon

Very interesting thread, and i'm sure there will be opinions on both side. Committed's post makes lots of sense, to be honest I was surprised at last year's point totals and have never thought Keith is a 60+ point dman - a franchise minute munchinng excellent 2-way defenseman and stalwart for Team Canada for years to come, yes certainly, but 60+ points year in year out, I just don't see it.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Moved him for Lecavalier and I think I won the trade.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I don't think so. Chicago is a good young team and with tons of talent and experiencing a little cup win hangover. Plus the loss of a third of their team has taken it's toll. Right now he is logging huge minutes, probably more than he should. He is still on pace for around 55 and this year I think that's where he finishes. In his last 10 he has eight. But I think he is a guy that will have off years but more times than not, he is a 60 plus guy.

The vinnie vs Duncan trade I would say is pretty even, however if I have to choose between a 55 pt d man or potential 85 pt center, I think I take the d. It's easier to find a close replacement for that forward than d.
    10 Team Full Keeper Roto-100 Mill Cap-G A P PPP +/- PIM SOG SV% GAA WINS SO
    C: Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Monahan
    LW: Gaudreau, Forsbeg
    RW: , Skinner, Eberle
    D: Green, McDonagh, Klingberg, Dumba, Leddy
    UTIL: Hertl, Drouin, Galchenyuk, Tatar
    G: Niemi, Halak

Bench: Lehtonen, Talbot, de Haan, Brodie, Rundblad, Jenner, Pastrnak, Nichushkin, Zibanejad, Couturier, Girgensons, RSmith, BSchenn

Prospect:Etem, Horvat, Pouliot, Murray, Coyle, Wennberg, Mrazek, Domi, Kapanen, Ristolainen

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by pitterama View Post
    I don't think so. Chicago is a good young team and with tons of talent and experiencing a little cup win hangover. Plus the loss of a third of their team has taken it's toll. Right now he is logging huge minutes, probably more than he should. He is still on pace for around 55 and this year I think that's where he finishes. In his last 10 he has eight. But I think he is a guy that will have off years but more times than not, he is a 60 plus guy.

The vinnie vs Duncan trade I would say is pretty even, however if I have to choose between a 55 pt d man or potential 85 pt center, I think I take the d. It's easier to find a close replacement for that forward than d.
    Excellent post. Id have to see the team b4 deciding on that trade

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think 69 was most definitely a career high, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him approach 60 a few more times in his career. He's only 27 and signed with Chicago for the next 8 years so he will have plenty of opportunities for big years with Toews, Kane and Hossa all locked up long term. Chicago will be back with a vengeance next season and Keith will be the cornerstone on the blue line, so in a keeper league I think he may be a nice buy low candidate right now.

Except around 55-62 for the foreseeable future.
    12 team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (keep 6)
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SO

2C - Stamkos
    2LW - Benn
    2RW - Laine, Marner
    4D - Josi
    1Util -
    2G - Rask