Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who'd you take?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Just took a look at your team... All 4 guys I listed are better than the majority of d on your team.

What exactly are you doing? :s is this a "team with the least points wins" league?
    ...lol...nope this is a team with a first timer in a Keeper league running it.
    Plus i have cap issues with Crosby sucking up $9 mil and don't get me wrong he's worth every penny but I have to roster 20 guys in total, 12 forwards, 6 defense and 2 goalies all the while staying under $54.9 mil.

could not afford to have Chara in my lineup at 7.5 mil I don't think.
    LouisT
    Keeper League -- Long Term Keeper -- AAV -- Heat to Head
    Forwards - G=1, A=1, +/-=.5, SHG=1
    Defence - G=1.5, A=1, +/-=1, Blocks=0.1
    Goalies - W=2,L=-1,SO=2,SV=.10,GA=-.75, A=2, OTL=-.5, G=20

Roster
    F: Barzal, Crosby, Dzingel, Galchenyuk, Heinen, Kadri, Marchessault, Matthews, Perron, Simmonds, Sobotka, Zuccarello, Bennett, Drouin, Hartman, Puljujarvi
    D: Forbort, Gostisbehere, McNabb, Oleksiak, Ristolainen, Shattenkirk, Coburn, Del Zotto, Fowler, Hanifin
    G: Price, Hellebuyck, Glass, Bernier
    R: Strome

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It's hard to read and figure out the salary values, but from what I can roughly calculate, if you remove Klesla, Ferrence, Sidenberg, and Robidas; plus with the extra cap space you have that equals ~26 million. That would mean you can add Chara, Burns, Kaberle, and Bieksa for ~20 million.
    This is the new World order of Fantasy Hockey, brother.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers; Start 3C,3LW,3RW,1U,5D,2G
    Stats: G,A,PTS,PPG,PPA,PIM,+/-, DEF pts ; W,SV%,SVS
    C: Toews, Duchene, Monahan, Krejci, Stepan
    LW: Gaudreau, Palat, Marchand, Van Riemsdyk
    RW: Tarasenko, Okposo, Ryan, Hossa
    D: Keith, Barrie, Faulk, Giordano, Lindholm, Severson
    G: Crawford, Anderson, Luongo, Mason, Darling

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Yea, Robidas, Seidenberg, Ferrence, Klesla aren't cheap by any means and are all worse than the guys on the wire.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by mugien View Post
    It's hard to read and figure out the salary values, but from what I can roughly calculate, if you remove Klesla, Ferrence, Sidenberg, and Robidas; plus with the extra cap space you have that equals ~26 million. That would mean you can add Chara, Burns, Kaberle, and Bieksa for ~20 million.
    Ok so my current Active Salary is at $57.8 of the $59.4 mil max. Removing the 4 guys that you mention takes out $11.4 mil but adding the 4 guys you mention adds back $19 mil putting me over by $5 Mil. ??

Not sure what you're calculating.
    LouisT

Roster
    F: Barzal, Crosby, Dzingel, Galchenyuk, Heinen, Kadri, Marchessault, Matthews, Perron, Simmonds, Sobotka, Zuccarello, Bennett, Drouin, Hartman, Puljujarvi
    D: Forbort, Gostisbehere, McNabb, Oleksiak, Ristolainen, Shattenkirk, Coburn, Del Zotto, Fowler, Hanifin

Drop them all and pick up kaberle, burns and 2 cheap fill-ins, I'm sure there's plenty of good ones out there given who else is on the wore. Given your wire depth I'm sure you could pick up a few better/cheaper forwards as well.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Drop them all and pick up kaberle, burns and 2 cheap fill-ins, I'm sure there's plenty of good ones out there given who else is on the wore. Given your wire depth I'm sure you could pick up a few better/cheaper forwards as well.
    Truly appreciate all the advice btw.

what about my bench? Should I keep them and/or activate in the place of the first 4? Also, is this advice for a chance at this season or plans of the future? I'm currently sitting 3 points out of 5th place and think I still have a chance.

Thanks again!
    LouisT

Roster

On my iPhone so I'd probably forget who was on your bench by the time stupid safari loaded my reply so can't help you out too much. But I remember seeing ehrhoff there? He's better than all of robidas, klesla, seidenberg, etc. You need to get rid of those guys.

This advice is for now and in the future.

If you want to send me a pm with your team, scoring cats, and what's available on the wire I can give you a better response when I get back to a computer. Or post it all here and I'm sure others will help you out and I'll do my best to remember to check back