View Poll Results: Who do you take in 3 years?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michael del Zotto

4 44.44%
  • Erik Johnson

5 55.56%

Thread: Long Term (3 years) MDZ or EJ?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Long Term (3 years) MDZ or EJ?

With the emergence of Pietrangelo, and with how well Coloiacovo has played this year... AND with how well Steen plays the point on the PP... I'm a little bit worried about EJ's offensive potential in St. Louis... Will he get pushed into more of a Seabrook role? He's wracking up more PK time than PP time this year...

Or del Zotto, who after a blistering hot start last year, cooled off for the 2nd half of the year and first half of this year... DESPITE having plenty of PP time all year, and minimal PK time.

I guess I don't get to see a lot of Ranger's games so I don't know how well MDZ is actually playing, if it's bad luck or what...

But who do you take if you're planning to win in 3 years?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I can't comment on E-Jo as the timezone difference means I never get to see many Blues games in full, but I'll weigh in on MDZ's season to date.

Defensively he's been abysmal, he's not been hitting those home-run breakout passes that he made with ease last year and he's been dropped from the #1 PP unit and replaced by Staal (who's getting the job done). Girardi's also playing better than him offensively. Maybe it's a confidence issue, maybe it isn't, but it's really been the best part of a season since he was playing well. That said, he's very young and was thrown headfirst into the #1 offensive defenseman position and expected to run a powerplay out of the gate, maybe that was a bit too much a little too early. Only time will tell.
    12-team H2H keeper w/ 10 keeps each year

G A +/- PIM PPP SOG HIT BLK W GAA SV% SHO
    C - Malkin, Matthews, MacKinnon, W. Karlsson
    LW - Ovechkin, Gaudreau, Fiala, Marchessault
    RW - Kucherov, Marner, Voracek, Rieder, Rust
    D - Klingberg, Werenski, Provorov, Klefbom, Ekholm, Vatanen
    G - Holtby, Rask, Hellebuyck

12-team H2H keeper
    G A PPP SHP SOG GAA SV% SHO

C - Johansen, W. Nylander, Bergeron, E. Lindholm
    W - Laine, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Tkachuk
    D - Karlsson, Klingberg, Krug, Barrie, Theodore
    G - Holtby, Andersen

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by aj_ranger View Post

Defensively he's been abysmal,
    Thats always been his problem ever since junior. This isnt close EJ is developing in to a much better 2 way def that u can depend on. He'll have better numbers all around. just be patient.