Thread: Foster big disappointment?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Foster big disappointment?

Am I the only one who drafted forster and is very disappointed...His game has totally changed from last year, granted he also played with Tampa... He gets all the PP time in the world in Edmonton and does nothing with it.

Is it time to cut him loose?
    Last edited by bigs_biggie; December 21, 2010 at 7:12 PM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I actually think Foster is playing better than I expected him to in Edmonton. As of late, Gilbert seems to be getting the points. Leaving Tampa definitely hurt his value but I don't think he's been that bad.

Administrator

His 42 points came next to Stamkos and Lecavalier on the PP. It could be seen as a bit of a perfect storm, and I'm not as high on his offensive game as others. Right now he's on pace for around 30 points, which isn't terrible. A simple hot streak would put him on pace for the mid/high 30s. It's not as bad as you think.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    His 42 points came next to Stamkos and Lecavalier on the PP. It could be seen as a bit of a perfect storm, and I'm not as high on his offensive game as others. Right now he's on pace for around 30 points, which isn't terrible. A simple hot streak would put him on pace for the mid/high 30s. It's not as bad as you think.
    His -8.... Is killing me.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bigs_biggie View Post
    His -8.... Is killing me.
    You drafted a dman on the Oilers hoping for a good +/-???

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

In my league James Wisnewski was dropped by a manager, so I saw his 17 points and picked him up...then saw his -21 and dropped him right back into waivers haha
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

I agree w/ Mr. Daoust in all of this, however, I was expecting slightly higher numbers (somewhere near 40pts), but ericdaoust brings up a very good point insofar as Foster having been the beneficiary of Stamkos & St. Louis. Unfortunately, this dumbass failed to take that into consideration when I traded for him. Luckily, I didn't lose much....now I know why.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Initiate

I wasn't expecting the greatest +-. I guess I went in thinking his points would help me forget about his +-... Its a cap league and at 1.8M I thought it was worth a gamble. At the end of the day I thought with an average of 4min PP per game he would have more points than that. I think I picked him in the 4rth round.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Is this not the same dude who had his leg shattered? Give the guy a break...he's lucky to be walking, nevermind a plus player on a shitty, but up and coming team.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I wouldn't say very disappointed (his TB season last year is an outlier in games and points), but I am kind of disappointed. I thought of him as a second- and, with Souray punted, maybe even first-pairing even strength guy, and for sure a first PP unit guy, but Peckham's development and pairing with Gilbert means Foster is now third pairing with Smid and averaging about 15 minutes a night even-strength.

8 of his 11 points are on the PP so that part is probably what you bargained for, and still reasonably valuable in leagues that have that category (Whitney e.g. only has 6 PP points). The rest of it isn't anything to write home about though.
    12 team league
    G, A, STPts, +/-, PIMs, GAA, S%, W
    Start 12 fwds, 7 d, 3 g; keep full starting roster + 3 on farm
    (Salary cap = 1200)

F: Malkin(55) Perry(75) Hall(125) Stepan(20) Wheeler(20) Ott(35) Okposo(50) Hertl(15) Lecavalier(120) Jagr(10) Strome(25) Drouin(55) MacKinnon(55) Couturier(10) E.Lindholm(20) Arcobello(20)
    D: Weber(65) Keith(40) Hedman(105) Gudas(10) Bieksa(55) Larsson(70) Ellis(25) Orlov(20) jSchultz(30) B.Smith(40)
    G: Rinne(40) Markstrom(25) Enroth(35) Khudobin(30) Greiss(15) Hutton(20) Stalock(10)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

And by the way, even though your avatar is making fun of Buttman, I still want to punch it in the face.
    12 team league
    G, A, STPts, +/-, PIMs, GAA, S%, W
    Start 12 fwds, 7 d, 3 g; keep full starting roster + 3 on farm
    (Salary cap = 1200)

F: Malkin(55) Perry(75) Hall(125) Stepan(20) Wheeler(20) Ott(35) Okposo(50) Hertl(15) Lecavalier(120) Jagr(10) Strome(25) Drouin(55) MacKinnon(55) Couturier(10) E.Lindholm(20) Arcobello(20)
    D: Weber(65) Keith(40) Hedman(105) Gudas(10) Bieksa(55) Larsson(70) Ellis(25) Orlov(20) jSchultz(30) B.Smith(40)
    G: Rinne(40) Markstrom(25) Enroth(35) Khudobin(30) Greiss(15) Hutton(20) Stalock(10)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Leaving Tampa crushed his value. Quarterbacking a powerplay with Stamkos, Lecavalier and St Louis had him going just under a PPG for the last 50 games of the season. I'm still holding out hope he hits 40 this year, but Dobber's prediction of 50+ definitely isn't happening. At least not this year.
    10-Team Non-salaried H2H Keeper, 20 Players Each, Keeping 10
    13 active (3 C, 5 W, 3 D, 2 G, 2 Util) / 7 reserve
    Player Stats: G, A, P, PPP, HIT, BLCK, SHP, SOG
    Goalie Stats: W, GAA, SAVE%, SO, Saves

C: Barkov, Schiefele, Tavares, Trocheck
    W: Kucherov, Panarin, Gaudreau, Huberdeau, Wilson, Hall, Keller, Kubalik, Toffoli, Hathaway
    D: Sergachev, Doughty, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy, Markstrom, Francouz

I traded him for Demers. That should give you an indication of my opinion of him.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by garethbush View Post
    Leaving Tampa crushed his value. Quarterbacking a powerplay with Stamkos, Lecavalier and St Louis had him going just under a PPG for the last 50 games of the season. I'm still holding out hope he hits 40 this year, but Dobber's prediction of 50+ definitely isn't happening. At least not this year.
    You still hoping he hits 40 or is he off your team already... Very disappointed.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Foster is an SOG beast... THATS IT! He was incredibly lucky to play on the TB number 1 pp, he's just not that good.

He's a 40 point guy on a good team, not on the OILERS!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."