Thread: Trade help!!

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Trade help!!

A guy in my league has noticed I've been wheeling and dealing latley and has made me an offer. I'm out of contention this year and am going for the win next year so I guess you could say I'm in rebuild mode. The guy making the offer is in 3rd place and the 2 teams in front of him have just made trades to bolster there line-ups. It is a straight points keeper league.
    Trade 1:
    My:Vanek,Bergfors,7th round pick.
    for
    His:Gomez,Kessel,3rd round pick.

Trade 2:
    My:Vanek,Bergfors,Visnovsky,6th round pick.
    for
    His:Gomez,Kessel,Hedman,1st round pick.

My keepers if I dont make either trade:
    F:Backstrom,Ryan,Hossa,M.Koivu,Burrows/Vanek
    D:Visnovsky,Carlson,E.Johnson
    G:Miller/Bryzgalov

My keepers if I make the trade:
    F:Backstrom,Ryan,Hossa,M.Koivu,Kessel/Burrows
    D:Carlson,E.Johnson,Hedman/Del Zotto
    G:Miller/Bryzgalov

Would you make either trade? Which group of keepers do you like more?

Thanks dodospice
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Veteran

I like trade #2 becuase I luje that you gain the 1st and that you get the young and talented Hedman. Bear in mind that he will not produce like Vish for a year + but I still think he is a solid keeper.

I only wish that there were someone other than Gomez someone younger with talent that you could put in his place becuase this is a youth movemnet kinda trade so that would make more sense. OR take him and Bergfors our of it

Dobber Sports Icon

Im with JD here. While the 2nd deal is ok, taking Berg/Gomez (or getting a youngster instead)out of it will be nicer.

Just curious who would be available with the 1st Rd pick do u think?

The Magnificent One

without PIM's being a stat in your league then burrows to me isnt a keeper. i do like kessel over vanek alot. so yeah i think you can make this trade.

Id go with trade #2. visnovksy is doing well but he has injury concerns and i dont mind seeing him go. not sure hedman is a breakout next yr but he is good to have long term. gomez not sure the pull here but you arent keeping bergfors anyway. that seems weird to me bc if he is going for it this yr then id perfer gomez but ohwell weird. in the end it comes down to kessel vs vanek and that 1st rounder. that is huge to get a 1st rounder.

i would do deal #2. you improve your keepers and you get a 1st rounder out of it.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    without PIM's being a stat in your league then burrows to me isnt a keeper. i do like kessel over vanek alot. so yeah i think you can make this trade.
    Tough call who you'd replace him with though. Personally Id like to see you improve on Del Zotto as a keeper though.

Dobber Sports Pro

He wants to trade Gomez because he is tired of how he is playing and wants to dump him.

After I look at it Del Zotto wont be a keeper if I get Hedman.

The 1st round last year went like this:
    Kesler,Kessel,Horton,Wolski,C.Stewart,Franzen,D.Br own,Plekanec,J.Jokinen,Filppula,Myers.
    The 2nd round last year went like this:
    Weiss,Briere,Elias,Krejci,Ribeiro,Havlat,Hudler,Cl owe,Huselius,Laich,Ennis.
    I expect the pick to be one of the last 3 picks of the 1st round. So even though its going to be a late pick there is still ALOT of good players available.

We have no farm teams so all the top prospects are available and we can only keep 5 forwards,3 defence,1 goalie. So there is again ALOT of good players available to pick.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky