Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Edler or Enstrom

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Both are great D to own but I would definitely move Edler before Enstrom.

I would take that Seguin/EJ offer for sure.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    Byfuglien is the man in ATL, and bogosian will step up soon. See what you can get for enstrom after his monster night.
    This advice must be coming from one of the guy's trying to get Enstom from you.

Enstom will NOT be replaced on the to PP.
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm pretty much out of the running, so I'll look to draft a goalie in the offseason. It'll most likely be Thomas to handcuff Rask with and find another guy or really hope Bernier begins to star.

Dean, I like that deal too and I really want to get Seguin, in part because he's awesome and in part to soften the blow when he burns the Leafs over and over! But I've watched EJ and haven't been all that impressed with his offensive play. He's been developed into a shutdown guy with offensive upside IMO, in the Seabrook and Coburn mold.

Do you see the same?
    11 team Keeper League (14 out of 30) Salary cap of 90.72 million$, actual salary.
    Cats...Pts (1G, 1A), +/- and PIMs divided by 10

C.. Malkin Getzlaf Stepan Kadri
    RW.. Kessel Marchand Brunner Silfverberg
    LW.. Parise Vanek Jagr C.Wilson
    D.. Shattenkirk Karlsson Yandle Visnovsky Rielly R.Murray
    G..Rask, Schneider

Bench (paid)... Johansen, Kassian, Belov, Josi, Lehner, Paajarvi
    Unsigned... Campbell, Pouliot, Gustaffson, Frolik

Dobber Sports Padawan

First of all... I own Edler and Enstrom in my keeper, and Enstrom is way more valuable to me than Edler. And I'm saying this despite the fact that I'm a huge Canuck fan, and Edler fan. I think he's the Canucks best Dman... But Enstrom is THAT much better than Edler.

To me Enstrom is a top 10 dman in a keeper league, and has got to be the most underrated 50pt dman in the past few years.

Sidepoint:

I saw quite a few Atlanta games earlier in the season, but I haven't seen one since probably early November... Does Buttfugly actually play the point on the Powerplay?

From the very few games I got to watch at the start of the year, Buttfugly basically played defense 5 on 5, but on the powerplay he just plunked himself in front of the net, and hoped the puck hit him. Which it did.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Brady19 View Post
    First of all... I own Edler and Enstrom in my keeper, and Enstrom is way more valuable to me than Edler. And I'm saying this despite the fact that I'm a huge Canuck fan, and Edler fan. I think he's the Canucks best Dman... But Enstrom is THAT much better than Edler.

To me Enstrom is a top 10 dman in a keeper league, and has got to be the most underrated 50pt dman in the past few years.

Sidepoint:

I saw quite a few Atlanta games earlier in the season, but I haven't seen one since probably early November... Does Buttfugly actually play the point on the Powerplay?

From the very few games I got to watch at the start of the year, Buttfugly basically played defense 5 on 5, but on the powerplay he just plunked himself in front of the net, and hoped the puck hit him. Which it did.
    You don't see Edler approaching 60 along with a wicked +/- on that team? I mean, Erhoff was +30 and if Edler approaches that while putting up 5o, he's extremely valuable! I definitely will take the twins over Ladd and Little lol. You see Tobias consistently outpointing him?

Sidepoint answer.... I've watched a few Atlanta games recently to try and gauge the team a little and I know early season, they had Buffy in front but for the last 20ish games, he's been the hammer shot on the point. Toby or Buffy bring it up, a couple of passes and Buffy hammers. Last night night, against Toronto, they switched it up and made some great passes between themselves and let Enstrom shoot it.
    11 team Keeper League (14 out of 30) Salary cap of 90.72 million$, actual salary.

G..Rask, Schneider

Dobber Sports Padawan

I definitely can see Edler as a 50pt Dman in the near future... But the +- that Ehrhoff had last year... I always thought that was baffling, haha. I could see a healthy +15, but 30 seems like an anomoly to me.

And yeah, I think when this Atlanta team develops a little more... With guys like E Kane, Little, Burmistrov, Antropov... Along with Buffy and Enstrom, I could easily see Enstrom having a few 60pt seasons... And I guess I just don't see that in Edler, ESPECIALLY if he ever left the Canucks...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by jayz16 View Post
    I'm pretty much out of the running, so I'll look to draft a goalie in the offseason. It'll most likely be Thomas to handcuff Rask with and find another guy or really hope Bernier begins to star.

Dean, I like that deal too and I really want to get Seguin, in part because he's awesome and in part to soften the blow when he burns the Leafs over and over! But I've watched EJ and haven't been all that impressed with his offensive play. He's been developed into a shutdown guy with offensive upside IMO, in the Seabrook and Coburn mold.

Do you see the same?
    Its not EJ that you are after. EJ has had high expectations since coming into the league and that might be why he is struggling. There is no way that I pass up the opportunity to get Seguin if I can simply deal Edler for him.

Think of it as Edler for Seguin and as a bonus you get EJ (a dman that has very good offensive potential and still VERY young). I would be making this deal if it were me. If you aren't sold on EJ then take MDZ.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

As for the deal, I would go for Seguin. I could live with either EJ or MDZ.

As for the debate between Edler and Enstrom, I think it couldn't be closer. I also would caution those who argue that you should choose Edler because of a potential to get a killer +/-. Predicting a set +/- total for individual players is almost impossible. Look at Ehrhoff vs. Edler last year. Both are on teams competing at the top of their respective conferences so both are likely to be comfortably on the + side.

Dobber Sports Stud

You don't see Edler approaching 60 along with a wicked +/- on that team? I mean, Erhoff was +30 and if Edler approaches that while putting up 5o, he's extremely valuable! I definitely will take the twins over Ladd and Little lol. You see Tobias consistently outpointing him?

Sidepoint answer.... I've watched a few Atlanta games recently to try and gauge the team a little and I know early season, they had Buffy in front but for the last 20ish games, he's been the hammer shot on the point. Toby or Buffy bring it up, a couple of passes and Buffy hammers. Last night night, against Toronto, they switched it up and made some great passes between themselves and let Enstrom shoot it.
    You've answered your own question. Enstrom puts up 50-60 whether he's riding shotgun for Kovalchuk, Byfuglien, Bogosian, Kubina, etc. And you're banking on Edler hitting 60 because of his surrounding cast. And to answer your question: Yes I do see Enstrom consistently outpointing him.

While you debate this, the Seguin owner is likely quietly taking the offer off the table.
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford

Dobber Sports Ace

Just accepted the offer of EJ, Seguin and a 6th round pick for Edler, Mcginn and a 3rd round pick...

I don't know why I have such a queasy feeling. I really hope Edler isn't the second coming of Lidstrom like I many feel he is and I gotta hope that Enstrom maintains his 50 point dman status and EJ develops into some sort of consistent 45 point dman!

Here's to hoping and cheers for all the responses! I'm also dropping Spezza and his 8 million like he's hot for a nice, young and cheap Seguin...

How do you guys feel I did? right move, right?!

G..Rask, Schneider

Dobber Sports Legend

Just accepted the offer of EJ, Seguin and a 6th round pick for Edler, Mcginn and a 3rd round pick...

I don't know why I have such a queasy feeling. I really hope Edler isn't the second coming of Lidstrom like I many feel he is and I gotta hope that Enstrom maintains his 50 point dman status and EJ develops into some sort of consistent 45 point dman!

Here's to hoping and cheers for all the responses! I'm also dropping Spezza and his 8 million like he's hot for a nice, young and cheap Seguin...

How do you guys feel I did? right move, right?!
    I like this trade. IF Johnson can put it together he could end up a wash with Edler. Adding Seguin is a slam dunk.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I like this trade. IF Johnson can put it together he could end up a wash with Edler. Adding Seguin is a slam dunk.
    Yeah, I traded for the potential but the if you capitalized is exactly that, a major IF... Hope he doesn't become a shutdown guy...

G..Rask, Schneider

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Brady19 View Post

Sidepoint:

Yes, he and Enstrom have played the point all season.

Byfuglien probably went in front of the net 5 times all season. Might have happened twice the whole season on the PP, and the other times when it is 4 on 4 in OT. Buff's goals are blasts from the point, sometimes he goes coast to coast, or sometime he is coming back door.

Great trade BTW. Glad you kept Enstrom. There is even a possibility he reaches 10 goals this season. He will easily reach 60 points while Buff challenges for 80. And for years to come, you will be happy with Enstrom's production. Mini Lidstrom.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS