Thread: Turco

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Turco

in one of my leagues I am carrying 4 goalies (Bob's, Price, Crawford and Turco) I would like to have to only carry 3 to free up another fwd/d spot.

My question is what are thoughts on dropping Turco guys? Is Crawford a lock for the rest of the year he has started something like 13 of teh last 15 games so is safe to just roll with him as a true #1???

EDIT: Also I am likley to trade Bob's for someone else too..another goalie

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    in one of my leagues I am carrying 4 goalies (Bob's, Price, Crawford and Turco) I would like to have to only carry 3 to free up another fwd/d spot.

My question is what are thoughts on dropping Turco guys? Is Crawford a lock for the rest of the year he has started something like 13 of teh last 15 games so is safe to just roll with him as a true #1???

EDIT: Also I am likley to trade Bob's for someone else too..another goalie
    I'd drop Turco over the others... It's a one year league or keeper? Keeper, it's a no brainer but I'd feel the same for the rest of the year as well...
    11 team Keeper League (14 out of 30) Salary cap of 90.72 million$, actual salary.
    Cats...Pts (1G, 1A), +/- and PIMs divided by 10

C.. Malkin Getzlaf Stepan Kadri
    RW.. Kessel Marchand Brunner Silfverberg
    LW.. Parise Vanek Jagr C.Wilson
    D.. Shattenkirk Karlsson Yandle Visnovsky Rielly R.Murray
    G..Rask, Schneider

Bench (paid)... Johansen, Kassian, Belov, Josi, Lehner, Paajarvi
    Unsigned... Campbell, Pouliot, Gustaffson, Frolik

Dobber Sports Veteran

Here is the thing yes I have the other three and its a limited keeper where I can keep 2 goalies for next year only. I am also in 1st place so I could use the help in other areas as the nets have been fine I just worry that Crawford struggles and loses time this year to Turco and that leaves me with only 2 starters??

Its a deep league so I would be looking at getting someone like Clifford as I need the help in PIMs and at LW

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Don't drop him yet, if the WW is that thin then I advice you to keep him until Crawford gets a stranglehold on the job. Right now he's still one bad start away from loosing it and that's a risk you don't want to take.
    1 Year ESPN ROTO 12 TEAMS
    Player Cats:G,A,+-,pts,PPG,SHG,GWG,HAT,HIT,BLK,DEF,STP
    Goalie Cats: W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%

C:J.Thornton, J.Pavelski, P.Marleau, D.Bolland
    LW:M.Cammalleri, R.Whitney, J.Neal, A.Steen, S.Gagne, M.Sturm
    RW:L.Erikkson, D.Heatley, M.Hossa, D.Brown, P.Bouchard
    D:Z.Chara, S.Gonchar, D.Doughty, T.Myers, B.Seabrook, M.Giordano, M.Bergeron, D.Seidenberg
    G:R.Miller, A.Niemi
    IR:E.Malkin

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah I don't know JD - I am in a similar situation in a one year league with Turco basically contributing nothing from the 4th goalie position. Because it's H2H and I look to be good to make the playoffs I decided to ride him a while longer. Crawford isn't looking like a goalie on shakey ground to me though.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Yeah I don't know JD - I am in a similar situation in a one year league with Turco basically contributing nothing from the 4th goalie position. Because it's H2H and I look to be good to make the playoffs I decided to ride him a while longer. Crawford isn't looking like a goalie on shakey ground to me though.
    Yeah its a struggle as I think that Crawford doesnt look like he is going to give it either but I am scared that I get left without a goalie mid season. Also a guy like Clifford is big for my team in a roto in as deep a league as mine. Really this is making me crazy to the point that I almost traded the two of them